BWB Norcal IV

Kat

DJ, some of us will meet with you regardless of whether there's a BBQ. We can play 3-person mafia, you, me and Teri. I'll mod. One of you is a killer. :P

But yeah. LA is nice (please no one revoke my San Franciscan license for that), but Norcal is better. Greyhound is slow, but I guess there aren't many better options. Amtrak is also slow, but slightly less shitty.

I land in LAX on 15 June, and i have very loose plans from there on. Nowhere booked or anything - all I know is I don't want to stay in LA (no offense to anybody from LA :P) so whatever goes on, no problem. I'll grab a Greyhound from LA or something. But if you meet earlier than that, then clearly I won't be able to meet you guys. :P

You do realize that it's about a six hour drive from L.A. to San Francisco? And that's by car; a bus is probably slower.

Just catching up.

I'd be around for any plan in June.

ETA - if you book far enough in advance, you can probably get a flight on Southwest Airlines for a relatively small amount. Oakland Airport is nearly as convenient to downtown San Francisco as SFO is.

To my knowledge, Amtrak won't take you to the peninsula. And who wants to go to Oakland, anyway?

They have a bus that goes from Oakland to SF if you book your ticket "to" SF.

• 2 weeks later...

Seeing as how we've been talking up a blue streak, or not...

Let's set our bbq for 6/7. I have a feeling 6/14 will turn into a kids weekend.

If you'll PM me your emails (unless I have them, which is very few) I'll set it up on evite with directions. I bbqed significant ribbage yesterday and I feel the bbq fever coming on... and wine must be drunk. or beer or tequila as the case may be.

If you'll PM me your emails (unless I have them, which is very few) I'll set it up on evite with directions. I bbqed significant ribbage yesterday and I feel the bbq fever coming on... and wine must be drunk. or beer or tequila as the case may be.

Hi, I PM'ed you my email. I don't even know what evite is, but I figure I will get a link when I get the invitation.

Is it going to be pot luck?

Just catching up.

I'd be around for any plan in June.

ETA - if you book far enough in advance, you can probably get a flight on Southwest Airlines for a relatively small amount. Oakland Airport is nearly as convenient to downtown San Francisco as SFO is.

Better than that is Virgin America... $59 from LA to SFO. They've been pretty good in my experience.

So... is this shindig happening? I might actually be able to make it. ;)

Evite went out. very short list. Kat, Lann, Lodey, among others need to get their address.

feel free to think about about requests from the cellar, as I'll probably go raid it shortley (80% is off site). It's nearly all CA wines, with heavy empahsis on napa and cabs. If I've got it, I'll open it.

Evite went out.

Evite not received. Are we adding an unnecessary level of complication, perhaps? I think this thread should be the primary source of organization. That way nobody gets left out if they happen to stumble in late to the planning stage, plus everybody else gets to see how awesome we are.

Edit 2: I added Lann to the evite. This is going to be fun!

Evite not received. Are we adding an unnecessary level of complication, perhaps? I think this thread should be the primary source of organization. That way nobody gets left out if they happen to stumble in late to the planning stage, plus everybody else gets to see how awesome we are.

Edit 2: I added Lann to the evite. This is going to be fun!

I hope not complicating things. If someone stumbles in and wants to come, they should PM any of us. I just wasn't comfortable putting my address and phone out like that. It would be stuck in google forever. Not eventhinking about being exclusionary.

hell, post it in every other thread and make them jealous <G>. :cheers: Bring your friends. bring your relatives. bring movie stars, lord knows I don't know any <G>

Talk about getting busted....

I went to a winemaker dinner this evening at a Marin restaurant operated by a friend of mine. My roommate is also a night manager there. Both of them read ASOIAF before I did and were in fact instrumental in my finding the series in the first place.

So, at this winemaker dinner (Far Niente, Nickel and Nickel and Dolce - mmmm), there were assigned seats. My friends Virginia, Joe and Bill were all at my table along with GM (my friend mentioned above) and the chef. Everyone had name tags on their places. Joe's had his first and last names, as did Bill's and everyone else's.

Mine read "Bronn Stone".

Even my freakin' friends have stopped callin' me John!!!!

Archived