BwB London

Peregrinus

830. Are you fucking nuts? What cretin is up at that kind of time when they don't need to be? :P

Of course, if you can find one, I'll try to be there. In a bad mood because of lack of sleep.

N

ATTENDENCE LIST

Because why not?

Looks like a few people are going to be around on Friday as well. Anyone have any thoughts about meeting up then as well?

CONFIRMED

Caladanbrood (Thursday afternoon)

Deornoth

Iceman (Thursday evening)

Isis (Thursday afternoon, Friday as well?)

Joe Abercrombie (since, y'know, it's his signing...)

MinDonner

Morair Sneachd (Thursday afternoon?)

Peregrinus

Sean & Silanah

Slick Mongoose

Tomfoster (all day Thursday)

Werthead (all day Thursday, Friday up until about 5pm)

Williamjm

RESOLUTELY IRRESOLUTELY DOING HIS BEST BUT NOT 100%

Hereward

STILL THINKING ABOUT IT

Barry

Caladanbrood

Sophelia

I checked at work but I can't set off a day earlier, and I don't want to give up my only day with my mother, so I can't make this one. Hope to see some of you during Orbital though.

Not to nitpick, but I'm a resolutely irresolute "do my level best" rather than a confirmed attendee. :wideeyed:

On a fairly unrelated note, absent major disasters or matrimonial hiccoughs, I'll be at Whisky Live in London on 29th February if anyone wants to meet up. PM me!

Fixed! :cheers:

Just making some calculations regarding when I'm likely to appear on Thursday. If I get through immigration at Stanstead swiftly, I should make it to my hotel around 10, and be in central London around 11. Of course the last tube back to Heathrow is already at 00:13 from Pic Circus.

Hmm, just spotted this thread, but better late than never. I may pop along to the signing and stay for a beer or two, given that I'll be in London anyway...

Awesome. Joe and Simon can berate us both for not giving LAoK full scores! :cheers:

Will Mr. Donner be along as well?

I think the rough plan is to meet in the British Museum but no time has been sorted yet.

ETA: Shall we say 13:00 at the main entrance of the BM? If anyone can't be there at that time but wants to meet up before the signing, pm me for my number (if you don't already have it of course) and give us a call to find out where we are.

Caladanbrood and Deornoth are coming along as well, CB for the afternoon and Deornoth for the signing. Simon will be at the signing as well and will ask him along for the drinking afterwards. Fun times! :cheers:

Hey all, I figured here was a good a place as any to introduce myself formally; I've been loitering (read:loitered for a while then got arrested and issued with an ASBO :lol: )/(trolling) for a while now and reading up on the BWB website, and you all seem like great people. I have been hesitant to just sign up on the webform, however.

The geneneral impression I got was that you're all a rather close nit and friendly group and that while I could add my name to your brotherhood's own White Book with alittle clicy-clicky and some typing, I had to ask myself would I really honor the commitment, not knowing any of you. So I've been putting things off, trying to get a feel for the place as it were (being a massive procrastinator has helped, I admit), hoping maybe to get to know some of ya through the wondeful medium of the internet.

If you would permit, however, this sounds like great fun and a wonderful oppertunity to meet some of you :grouphug: (besides, who am I to turn down the prospect of beer? :cheers: ) and meeting Joe Abercrombie is certainly not something that I'd want to miss (I'm about half way through my first reading of The Blade Itself, and rapt). I fear that I may be the youngest of you at 18 but I'm hoping that'll not be a problem.

-Poobs

Archived