Republic of Thieves- Lynch book III

Calibandar

Well, Bantam has now completely removed Republic of Thieves from this year's publishing schedule.

Not a good sign obviously.

Eagerly looking forward to it... wish GRRM will take a page out of Lynch's book and churn out as regularly.

I'd say that GRRM did churn things out with this kind of regularity before he hit it big...

I had heard on the grapevine that Book III was being pushed back. Luckily, Lynch made such a splash with his first book that minor delays of this sort aren't too much of a problem, but it's certainly not a great situation to be in (six or seven books into a career you can usually afford to start dropping back into a once-every-two-years or longer cycle, but not with the third).

Well, Bantam has now completely removed Republic of Thieves from this year's publishing schedule.

Hmmm, I'll have to ask around. . .

A few weeks back, Anne Groell told me that they were confident to release the new Lynch on time. . .

Patrick

I've sent an email to his editor at Bantam. . .

Patrick

Simon from Gollancz confirmed the book was delayed, but I thought at the time he meant the delay from August to October that had already been announced. Pity this didn't come up earlier as I could have tried to find out what the score was.

I'm a bit surprised that no one thought about this. . .

It could only be because Bantam believes that GRRM's ADwD will see the light this fall. They wouldn't want their two heavyweights to be released around the same period of time.

But I will let you know when I hear back from Anne Groell. . . :)

Patrick

It could only be because Bantam believes that GRRM's ADwD will see the light this fall. They wouldn't want their two heavyweights to be released around the same period of time.

Possibly, it could also be that RSURS wasn't as well received as TLOLL and both Lynch and his publisher want to ensure that the third book is a return to form. Putting the release back gives them more tweaking time.

After all they need to show that upstart Abercrombie bloke who's boss.

Guys that book is not coming out. As far as we know the novellas have not even been written, and if they are written then Bill Schaefer at Subpress will be the first to publish them ( and announce it).

So now that Lynch's book is delayed till early 2009 as well we now have three major authors who've seen their 2008 books significantly delayed ( after Bakker's The Judging Eye and Rothfuss' The Wise Man's fear).

Archived