ASOIAF Mount and Blade Mod

SirSlack

Being a fan of Mount and Blade, I looked forward to playing a high quality ASoIaF module.

But after finding Grand Maester Pycelle in a tavern in Gulltown-as a common mercenary none the less- it didn't do much to inspire my confidence. Shortly thereafter I was ambushed by Dothraki raiders roaming the Reach, and was confirmed in my suspicions.

Other than the crudely similar map, there's really no Westerosi flavour to this module at all. They didn't even change the monetary unit of dinars into silver stags.

Unfortunately those looking for a true ASoIaF conversion of Mount and Blade, will have to wait.

Being a fan of Mount and Blade, I looked forward to playing a high quality ASoIaF module.

But after finding Grand Maester Pycelle in a tavern in Gulltown-as a common mercenary none the less- it didn't do much to inspire my confidence. Shortly thereafter I was ambushed by Dothraki raiders roaming the Reach, and was confirmed in my suspicions.

Other than the crudely similar map, there's really no Westerosi flavour to this module at all. They didn't even change the monetary unit of dinars into silver stags.

Unfortunately those looking for a true ASoIaF conversion of Mount and Blade, will have to wait.

Well, your standards are a bit big in that case. This is probably one of the top 2 mods for .903 ATM. And is the only mod for mount and blade (any version!) featuring westeros. I've personally been waiting close to two years for an ASOIAF mod.

And as for the Dothraki raiders that is an option which can be turned off. It's for people who want an easy findable opponent who specializes in cavalry.

Yes, it's not perfect by far (like Eddard Stark asking you to perform unhonerable acts after you've become his vassel) but it's the best thing yet.If your a fan of m/b and asoiaf I can't even believe you'd be unhappy with this mod to be honest. Craziness. But to each their own i suppose.

how do the banners look? I was going to download an earlier version of it a while back but the banners were so fugly I just couldn't do it, particularly the Baratheon banner. Personally, I'd like to see banners based on the pictures in the back of the books, but that's me. I know there was talk of doing a few different things with them on the taleworlds forums, but I wasn't sure if anything ever became of it. Glad to hear they actually started using a Westeros Map, too, the last time I looked at it I believe they were still just using the map of Calradia. I might get around to downloading it myself one of these days, I've always wanted to learn how to mod and tweaking that one to my liking would probably be a great way to start.

ETA: well looks like at least a few of the issues I had have already been addressed...and I am starting to get a little bored with Band of Warriors right now...might have to check it out when I get home from work

it must've been a earlier version I was playing with, all the banners look great, although I'll check yours out too sandello! Looks like they took the Dothraki out completely, which was a good move, I think. I've got a few other minor little issues, but those could be easily fixed. Like they just turned the River Pirates into Wildings, which makes sense, but sometimes they show up just wearing a pair of pants and nothing else, which I imagine would be a little chilly north of the wall. I have to admit, I did get a shit-eating grin on my face the second I saw the message "Duskendale has been sieged be Axell Florent"

how do the banners look? I was going to download an earlier version of it a while back but the banners were so fugly I just couldn't do it, particularly the Baratheon banner. Personally, I'd like to see banners based on the pictures in the back of the books, but that's me. I know there was talk of doing a few different things with them on the taleworlds forums, but I wasn't sure if anything ever became of it. Glad to hear they actually started using a Westeros Map, too, the last time I looked at it I believe they were still just using the map of Calradia. I might get around to downloading it myself one of these days, I've always wanted to learn how to mod and tweaking that one to my liking would probably be a great way to start.

ETA: well looks like at least a few of the issues I had have already been addressed...and I am starting to get a little bored with Band of Warriors right now...might have to check it out when I get home from work

Also one thing that bugs me is that almost none of the Lords have their proper seat....but whatever...i can work with it.

I know there was a few banner issues (the house images weren't fitting properly on the banners) but if you follow the instructions when your given the option of choosing a banner they seems to work fine.

And, yea, might as well try it since Band of Warriors is incorporated into this mod.

Me being new to M&B I hired a couple of brave companions to fight at my side but messed up the inventory/clothing so they went into battle in their pants. Made me chuckle for a bit until some ser knocked me for 6...

Its a good mod, I'll need to put some more time into it I think, but I'm still going through BoW and laughing mercilessly whilst lancing archers in the face.

Been playing a bit more of it, finally getting somewhere!

Some of my Brave Companions are now mounted and even wearing decent armour, starting to look like real warriors now rather than starving peasants. Plus I've hired a lot of mercs who have brought their own horses as well, which really helps.

Sworn fealty to Stannis Baratheon (!!) and have been given my own small village (Evenfall Hall). Trotted over there immediately to see what was going on, to find it had been looted recently :( and there was no-one around.

Defeated a bunch of Targaryen Royalists who were preying around the twins too, that was an interesting fight as most of them were mounted.

Also seen some interesting fights. Gregor Clegane sieged riverrun (and lost), and Oberyn Martell keeps sniffing around Summerhall with over 100 men, preventing me from going on a Dornish/Tyrell r&p operation, which I was quite looking forward to.

Anyways, I've got 35 well armed and trained men, so the war should start getting interesting very soon.

• 1 month later...

I'd been playing the latest version for a couple of days. What I don't like too much is that it's too many heroes around, but I'm not sure if this is a mod thing or M&B thing as I haven't played the vanilla version of the latest upgrade.

ETA: Forgot to add, that apart from the number of heroes I like this mod.

I like the fact that you can find some famous weapons from series when you defeat the enemy. There's nothing better than riding with Blackfyre in your hand or fighting with double handed Dawn or king Robert warhammer. :). Although I dislike that they are assigned to enemies randlomly, I attacked Randyll Tarly just to get Heartsbane, but he had nothing. :angry: Than it was quite weird when I found Longclaw when searching the corpses of Greyjoy raiders...

Map is great too, for a first time I was really able to see pretty well in 3d how does Westeros look like. It greatly helps when you to better understand strategy described in books, especially that one Robb used against Tywin.

My main problem is with enemy AI - on strategical level. I took Eyrie from Lannisters , than I went away to recruit new troops and left just weak garrison there. You would think that Lanisters would immediately try to attack it, but after 100 days of game time they didn't attack at all despite the fact that Castle is still held just by 60 men. Those cowards didn't even dare to loot and burn my villages! The game would be much challenging with more agressive enemy.

Some more options when managing your castle and villages would be nice too. I also thought once I become lord I would be rich from all those taxes, but I still derive 95% of my stags by selling the belongings of fallen enemies.

• 2 weeks later...
This is pretty fun, but the 30 day limit thing kills me.

I just don't think this is worth $30

actually the limit is just to level 8, not 30 days, however long it takes you to get there. Play around with it some more it's very addicting. And, for me anyway, it's almost impossible to get bored just because of the sheer number of mods out there. Some of them have just minor changes, some of them are almost completely different games. I think it was only $22 when I purchased Mount & Blade at level .808, and they've added so much to get to .903, to me it's actually worth well more than $30!!!

There is some people working in a new version. There is a Westeros map, the banners issue is fixed and there are no more Drothakis wandering around.

There will be ships soon, Tully, Greyjoy and Arryn Houses will be added and the developer is trying to improve the default AI in order to make your foes to try to recover their lost castles. Also, famous characters from the novels (maybe) would be given their Valyrian weapons and some random ones would be created to replace those for the player.

I think those 30$ worth it. Furthermore, it grants you acces to tons of another mods.

Archived