Got himself drunk

Woke the next morning his head in a funk

Others take me I swear

Broke my vows but much worse

I wore no glove down there

Now this maids in my purse

hmm

i have a question:

i am re-reading ACOK and am the beginning in which Ser Armory Loch kills Yoren and all the group.

Gendry, Lommy, Arya and Hot Pie escape through a hatch, Biter and other join Loch, but they also find three men in a tower that was too difficult to assault and Ser Armory Loch just doesn't think it worth the trouble to get them out.

they join Arya and flee. One that was wounded dies, and then the other two leave. Are those two ever seen again?

From what I've gathered, originally GRRM was going to advance the timeline next year for the book after Storm of Swords, but ultimately found he was relying too much on flashbacks and the like, so scrapped it and wrote A Feast for Crows.

Thanks! :)

Another question, regarding Bran. I'm pretty sure that Ned says somewhere that Bran will not be able to have kids. But actually I thought that depending on the paralysis, and specially if it's only lower limbs a guy can be able to have children.

Do we know if this is clarified somewhere? I mean now he's young but he's right now the heir of winterfell so it might be important in the future.

Thanks! :)

Another question, regarding Bran. I'm pretty sure that Ned says somewhere that Bran will not be able to have kids. But actually I thought that depending on the paralysis, and specially if it's only lower limbs a guy can be able to have children.

Do we know if this is clarified somewhere? I mean now he's young but he's right now the heir of winterfell so it might be important in the future.

I doubt Bran will marry by the end of the series, and it's not like there's a lack of potential Stark heirs. Rickon( if he survive) will probably end up as Lord Stark after Bran.

Ned's not a maester, and even if he were, they're not always correct. He assumes that Bran will never have children. This is something that has been discussed before with most people divided both ways. Indeed, paralysis isn't always indicative of impotence, which I'm hoping will be will be the case with Bran. I want for him to be the Lord Stark with Meera as his Lady.

Ned's not a maester, and even if he were, they're not always correct. He assumes that Bran will never have children. This is something that has been discussed before with most people divided both ways. Indeed, paralysis isn't always indicative of impotence, which I'm hoping will be will be the case with Bran. I want for him to be the Lord Stark with Meera as his Lady.

true, but it is actually likely he cannot have children, since it seemed like his back was broken.

I agree that it won't be impossible, but this is a medieval setting, with no modern medicine or modern help.

My question, and I've wondered about this since I first read the stories: when GRRM says "blue rose", what does he mean it looks like? There is no such thing as a blue rose - roses don't have the right genes to produce one and it's very difficult to splice in the correct one

Ah, but let us not forget this is a fantasy series wherin George determines the genetics. :) I always figured they were closer to an ice blue, or even an "electric" blue (though obviously that's a poor description for anything in Westeros)

True about the genetics. ;) Part of the problem is that I originally had this instant mental image of a pale-blue-dyed hybrid tea rose (the usual kind you see at florists), but those would never exist in a medieval-type era. Nevah. Older rose varieties are the dog rose or the rosa gallica; maybe the damask. Kew Gardens has a good history of rose breeds, and this page is pleasantly brief on the subject of medieval roses. Maybe Lyanna's blue roses were like York roses, but ice blue, as you suggest? :dunno:

/garden geek ;)

Ok I have a question that I would love to have answered. When Cersei is taken prisoner at the end of AFFC Qyburn comes to visit her and says that if she demands a trial by combat then she has a champion that no man in the realm can withstand. The quote

"Hope remains. Your Grace has the right to prove your innocence by battle. My queen your champion stands ready. There is no man in the Seven Kingdoms who can hope to stand against him. If you will only give the command..."

Who is he talking about. I reread a bunch and couldn't seem to figure it out.

Ok I have a question that I would love to have answered. When Cersei is taken prisoner at the end of AFFC Qyburn comes to visit her and says that if she demands a trial by combat then she has a champion that no man in the realm can withstand. The quote

"Hope remains. Your Grace has the right to prove your innocence by battle. My queen your champion stands ready. There is no man in the Seven Kingdoms who can hope to stand against him. If you will only give the command..."

Who is he talking about. I reread a bunch and couldn't seem to figure it out.

The creature that he's been quietly building in the black cells, from the frame of Gregor Clegane and some help from whatever other people Qyburn was given charge of throughout A Feast for Crows.

He's talking about Gregor--Gregor Clegane, who killed the Red Viper during Tyrion's trial (SoS) but was seriously injured.

Qyburn has apparently been restoring him and, perhaps, making him even stronger. During AFFC you may have noticed women disappearing? Guess who they were given to.

Unfortunately for Cersei, as a member of the royal family she must be defended by a member of the King's Guard, which, unfortunately for her, Gregor is not.

He's talking about Gregor--Gregor Clegane, who killed the Red Viper during Tyrion's trial (SoS) but was seriously injured.

Qyburn has apparently been restoring him and, perhaps, making him even stronger. During AFFC you may have noticed women disappearing? Guess who they were given to.

Unfortunately for Cersei, as a member of the royal family she must be defended by a member of the King's Guard, which, unfortunately for her, Gregor is not.

I was hoping that wasn't what he meant and that Clegane was dead. I guess that could get a little hairy if Swann delivers a head to Dorne and Clegane shows up somewhere in King's Landing.

I was hoping that wasn't what he meant and that Clegane was dead. I guess that could get a little hairy if Swann delivers a head to Dorne and Clegane shows up somewhere in King's Landing.

The majority opinion is that Clegane is dead, actually; Qyburn is a necromancer--so saith the appendix--so Clegane's death should hardly stop him.

Archived