New York City Comiccon

GRRM's news about the new chapter release in SpectraPulse, premiering at NY Comiccon, made some of us start discussing this con, so I figured a thread would be appropriate.

NYC Comiccon will be held in Javits Center NYC, April 18-20.

I will most likely be there. Anyone else going?

GRRM's news about the new chapter release in SpectraPulse, premiering at NY Comiccon, made some of us start discussing this con, so I figured a thread would be appropriate.

NYC Comiccon will be held in Javits Center NYC, April 18-20.

I will most likely be there. Anyone else going?

I just got an email tonight from 2 friends of mine. They both want to go. So yes, there is a good chance I'll be going to this NYC Comicon. I'm glad it's on a weekend, cause I couldn't go any other time. Our group may get even bigger before April 18th.

So, I'm going to be volunteering during the con and might have lots of crap to do. Does anyone have particualr plans?

I think what we should plan is one night of bwb dinner/drinking? Con would just be a nice excuse, right?

Btw, know who else is going to be in NY that weekend? Yeah, thats right - The Pope. :)

So, I'm going to be volunteering during the con and might have lots of crap to do. Does anyone have particualr plans?

I think what we should plan is one night of bwb dinner/drinking? Con would just be a nice excuse, right?

Btw, know who else is going to be in NY that weekend? Yeah, thats right - The Pope. :)

damn. guess I better book that room right now

ok...room is booked. I am at the New Yorker and will be coming in by train

I'm pretty sure I won't be attending the con, but I'll get together with everyone to hang out somewhere.

would Friday night or Saturday night be better for you?

I know I don't plan on doing too many con things as I am not a comic fan. (I'm going for GRRM and the BwB and because it's close.)

Since you're kind enough to ask, Lany... Friday night is better for me, in particular. In fact, if it's Saturday night, I can't make it at all (unless it's real late). But at the same time, I wouldn't want everyone to run on my schedule, for sure.

Friday works for me.

(Btw, I'm posting from work. I've never done this before. Feeling a bit guilty.)

I bought the weekend pass today. However, I can't do Friday, because I get out of work late. I'll be there Saturday though, in the afternoon. It'll be awesome to hang out with some of the fans of this series. I can't wait.

I know I don't plan on doing too many con things as I am not a comic fan. (I'm going for GRRM and the BwB and because it's close.)

Close to who, Lany? ;)

So I'll be arriving at 11am on the 18th at LGA. I'm staying at the Mayfair on W. 49th St. I checked and it's about 1.4mi to the convention. I guess I'll just walk with a bag/backpack and hang there all day. If I have to go back and don't want to walk, should I just take a cab? Or is there some other form of trans I'm missing out on?

Archived