The History of the Board

Jon Targaryen

Circa 2012 a new boarder shows up and creates four different handles named Baitac, Elder Sister, Fragile Bird, and Ravenhair. Pretends, at times convincingly, to actually be four different people.

We are indeed one person...but we're schizophrenic.

And we like using the royal 'we'.

I am obviously the loony tune of an otherwise adorable group of personalities. :P

But I know I would be Ken M.'s favorite.

For the thread and posterity, I will list a few DC BwB highlights:

(1) Elrostar and Fez dance off at the duckpin bowling alley

(2) Mercenary Chef is forced to play Dance Central, threatens to kill me, appears to seriously mean it.

(3) Ini gets talked into a waterfall. Expected to stop complaining about it circa 2025. ;)

(4) Prior to my time, but Colder Hands gives hard-to-beat excuse for skipping BwB meet-up: I put my fist through a guy's car window and am in jail. Well, okay,

(5) The worst story ever told is told, in person, in the Atlas District

I seriously think one of my favorite BwB moments ever, though, was in SF, at AG's place, when we were all hanging out and decided to put on the show...and everyone stopped talking. Just perfect.

It was a guys head through a car window, and that was a complete accident... The holding cell in VA was very nice and accommodating.

I can remember a great number of intense discussions about Tywin, Stannis's morality, Jon's parentage, with long, long posts by such highly articulate posters as Lannister, Jeff, KAH, TrackerNeil, Markus, Ran, Enlightenment HK, and many others...

Oh gosh, those Stannis debates! I remember one titanic battle with Jeff and I on one side and Ran, MaiaB and Brady on the other. It was like Gandalf fighting the freaking Balrog.

It was a guys head through a car window, and that was a complete accident... The holding cell in VA was very nice and accommodating.

Wait, you still come here? And that's right, thanks for the refresher. I guess I wasn't there for the actual incident or the initial round of hearsay.

Solo, you will be played by Laurence Fishbourne in Morpheus mode.

Gillio, you and I don't get roles. We are not a part of the history of the board, but you can help me with my mental health if you like, or catching platyplurals. :)

Circa 2012 a new boarder shows up and creates four different handles named Baitac, Elder Sister, Fragile Bird, and Ravenhair. Pretends, at times convincingly, to actually be four different people.

Gosh darnit, Trisky!!! Why'd you go on telling on me like that? :kiss:

Wait, what? Thank you!! That FAQ has been a freaking indispensible resource for me over the years. It is the first nerdy thing on the internet I ever read, I think. Seriously, it's like you're telling me you're the inventor of the flat iron. :grouphug:

Better three and a half years late than never?

Hey, I invented that flat iron too!

Of course, that glory is shared very thinly - even Timothy "Timmybot" Bruening is listed among the contributors... :P

Teri didn't quite invent the internet, but it was close. :) She was in on ARPAnet.

Well, that's pretty much unbeatable...

It's true. Our name is Eve. The common denominator of our personalities is our never-ceasing love of Trisky. :)

Archived