The History of the Board

Jon Targaryen

so, you had a thing with pod, too--or was it dub that pod knocked up?

I met Pod before I met Dub. But only by 3 days. We had one hell of a weekend in NYC, right Pod? I serenaded him in a bar to Heart's All I Wanna Do Is Make Love To You...and Stego grabbed his ass in the Museum of Natural History. :P

I met Pod before I met Dub. But only by 3 days. We had one hell of a weekend in NYC, right Pod? I serenaded him in a bar to Heart's All I Wanna Do Is Make Love To You...and Stego grabbed his ass in the Museum of Natural History. :P

I hear tell that Relic's ass is actually featured at the Museum of Natural History.

It's sorta sad. The vast majority of the threads that make up "The History of the Board" if started today instead of back then, would be almost immediately locked. I wonder if the young board of yore, that was held together by in-jokes and shared experience, would survive the stuffy and stiff moderation of today's board.

Looking over the initial post i see that there is no mention of why Pod is to Blame as Jesus was to Sin. Huge oversight. To set the matter straight in the annals of board lore -

IIRC, after the first heavily attended Worldcon a bunch of us were chatting on Ran's ezboard chat (which dates this somewhere around 2002 as it was soon shut down, never to return). Trebla (i think) made some affectionate comment about how something at the Con was Pod's fault (it wasn't. he's said to be the nicest and at the time shiest guy ever), a few people echoed that sentiment and suddenly like a god sent epiphany we realized that It's All Pod's fault. I started the first thread and have since taken a perverse but holy pleasure in keeping the tradition alive. Around 2005 Ser Lany Cassandra printed up a bunch of Blame Pod -Devil Bunny t-shirts we "designed" and distributed them at a con. Since then other Blame Pod goodies have been produced and manufactured, and i've heard some of the cast of the t.v. show have been using the term.

In other words, I Blame Pod for Blaming Pod.

I blame Pod for this bullshit. Pod has been to Blame since the Beginning of Days. It is known.

I blame Pod for this bullshit. Pod has been to Blame since the Beginning of Days. It is known.

That's true, we just didn't know it. The veil has been lifted, and our eyes turned towards Truth.

When I joined the board, every other post was by Colder Hands, The Stranger was trying to quit smoking, KSI was endlessly arguing with everyone about everything, and n00bs were still rare enough that they got a proper hazing. I've been posting about once per day since then.

I miss those days. I did get proper hazing. It was good for me. Made me stronger. Sadly I was too n00b to know I just had to blame my posting style on Pod and I'd have gotten a free pass.

• 6 months later...

Has anyone come over all faint at the Pod the Stud storyline in the TV show? Cause it just fucks with my brain for which, I obviously, Blame Pod.

N

Back sort of on topic, here's a shout-out to the Sigging Fake ADwD Spoilers meme that we brought in just before the fl00b hit. Probably my favourite board meme ever.

Oh, crap. Are we done with that now?

Archived