The History of the Board

Jon Targaryen

I wasn't here for Dragonstone but was for everything up to and after the Food Wars and Zorse .... something. I remember reading the threads but not really getting involved because I thought everyone was trolling. I did get involved with the LADL and remember some vivid nights at the computer lab fighting with Jeordhi. Something about the way he wrote, his "voice" sounded like Snape from Harry Potter. We made up later.

When I joined the board, every other post was by Colder Hands, The Stranger was trying to quit smoking, KSI was endlessly arguing with everyone about everything, and n00bs were still rare enough that they got a proper hazing. I've been posting about once per day since then.

Back sort of on topic, here's a shout-out to the Sigging Fake ADwD Spoilers meme that we brought in just before the fl00b hit. Probably my favourite board meme ever.

I loved it when Sansa turned into a dragon.

Looking over the initial post i see that there is no mention of why Pod is to Blame as Jesus was to Sin. Huge oversight. To set the matter straight in the annals of board lore -

IIRC, after the first heavily attended Worldcon a bunch of us were chatting on Ran's ezboard chat (which dates this somewhere around 2002 as it was soon shut down, never to return). Trebla (i think) made some affectionate comment about how something at the Con was Pod's fault (it wasn't. he's said to be the nicest and at the time shiest guy ever). We debated the nice guy act to be a disguise, and that secretly Pod was an IRL Littlefinger, responsible for everything and all. A few people echoed that sentiment and suddenly like a god sent epiphany we realized that It's All Pod's fault. I started the first thread and have since taken a perverse but holy pleasure in keeping the tradition alive. Around 2005 Ser Lany Cassandra printed up a bunch of Blame Pod -Devil Bunny t-shirts we "designed" and distributed them at a con. Since then other Blame Pod goodies have been produced and manufactured, and i've heard some of the cast of the t.v. show have been using the term.

In other words, I Blame Pod for Blaming Pod.

had wondered about mr. relic's persistence in blaming pod all these years. cool to have an origin story, though not as cool as the origin story of my imagination, wherein mr. relic and mr. pod were star-crossed lovers, and, after mr. pod knocked up mr. relic, left him for another person, alone to raise their board love child.

Archived