ASOIAF Mafia 47.5 - Holiday Massacre!

Mexal

It is day 3.

12 players remain: Crusader, Filter, Halo, JKMan, Kat, Kilgrey, Piper of Chaos, Ser Spider, Shadowbaby, Thiocyanide, Whiskeyjack, a homeless harpy.

7 votes are needed for a conviction or 6 to go to night.

4 votes for Ser Spider (Halo, Whiskeyjack, Thiocyanide, JKMan)

3 votes for Crusader (Shadowbaby, Piper of Chaos, Ser Spider)

2 votes for a homeless harpy (Kilgrey, Kat)

1 vote for Kilgrey (a homeless harpy)

1 vote for Piper of Chaos (Crusader)

1 player has not voted: Filter

You have about 6 hours and 45 minutes remaining in day 3!

That's a terrible reason to keep a vote, especially on day 1. The people most likely to be acting based on whether or not something will be suspicious are generally people that are worried about appearing suspicious (I.E. people with important roles, or killers).

Yeah, I'm worried. There are several reasons.

1) WJ voted for me. There are some sheeps out there, you know.

2) I'm a n00b who was modkilled due to accidentaly being spoiled in my first game, and this is my second. I wish to play, and to win. I think that I'm contributing, and, of course, that lynching me would be a step back for the innocents.

3) I didn't say I wasn't roled. I didn't either say I was, though.

The only reason I admitted that I was afraid, was me being even more afraid right now. Admitting that wasn't in my best interest, as you've pointed out, but I decided to play all my cards in order to help you realise I'm being sincere.

3) I didn't say I wasn't roled. I didn't either say I was, though.

Are you trying to make people think you have a role with the above comment? I don't like the tentative hint. If you have a role and don't want to claim it, then stay quiet about it. If you want to claim a role, then do it. But don't go half way.

I'm around. Just waiting for people to make some decisive decisions as to what we're doing today. Ser Spider has bothered me since day 1 which is why I currently have my vote on him, but I don't think it's likely that people will follow me there.

And why on earth would you think that people wouldn't follow you, if everyone stated some sort of suspicion toward me?

I've been suspecting you, and I'm an easy target. I would really like you to explain your vote. Same goes to Thio. And please don't just quote WJ.

I'm going to renew my vote on A Homeless Harpy at this time. The only point I've found in her favor in my reread is the one WJ brought about the Lany nightkill, and I don't place much stock in analyzing night kills. If it was just her overall playstyle (not making cases, reactionary voting, etc) that was ringing my bells, I wouldn't be voting for her. This appears to be her usual behavior. However, she also is a likely partner for Daedalus and Gerty.

I do think the case on Ser Spider is strong, and was hoping to hear more exchange between him and his accuser(s). That vote on Crusader is, I suppose, an obvious choice, but disappointing. I'd rather hear more on your actual suspects Spidey.

Are you trying to make people think you have a role with the above comment? I don't like the tentative hint. If you have a role and don't want to claim it, then stay quiet about it. If you want to claim a role, then do it. But don't go half way.

I'm not hinting anything. But I see where you're coming from. Sorry.

I do think the case on Ser Spider is strong, and was hoping to hear more exchange between him and his accuser(s). That vote on Crusader is, I suppose, an obvious choice, but disappointing. I'd rather hear more on your actual suspects Spidey.

I replied to every single accusation so far, so exchange is really not my fault. I posted a case on Shabba earlier on, and would make a case on Halo if I didn't have to defend myself.

And yeah, it was an obvious choice. I would vote Harpy as well. But I don't think that, in such a position, I can afford not to vote a person whose playstyle is, ahem, questionable, and is also probably only choice for a lynch besides me, and my prime suspects are not likely to be voted by anyone.

However, regarding my suspects: I think that both Halo and Shabba would make a good investigation. If WJ doesn't agree, I am willing to be investigated. And no, no chance I'm a symp, b/c there is obviously one FM left, and 3 FM+symp? No way. And I don't think that SK could have a symp. Blackfyre, am I right?

It is day 3.

12 players remain: Crusader, Filter, Halo, JKMan, Kat, Kilgrey, Piper of Chaos, Ser Spider, Shadowbaby, Thiocyanide, Whiskeyjack, a homeless harpy.

7 votes are needed for a conviction or 6 to go to night.

4 votes for Crusader (Shadowbaby, Piper of Chaos, Ser Spider, JKMan)

3 votes for Ser Spider (Halo, Whiskeyjack, Thiocyanide, )

3 votes for a homeless harpy (Kilgrey, Kat, Filter)

1 vote for Kilgrey (a homeless harpy)

1 vote for Piper of Chaos (Crusader)

I replied to every single accusation so far, so exchange is really not my fault. I posted a case on Shabba earlier on, and would make a case on Halo if I didn't have to defend myself.

I wasn't referring to anything lacking on either your part or the people building cases on you, I was more commenting that I haven't decided on you one way or another yet.

I see I have some faithful fans - Filter, Kilgrey, is it just laziness or you deem it the safest option possible, voting for me instead of finding the real FM/SK? Some other people here also mention my play style...please, ask yourself, what play style did you have in your second game? If you were MAFIA geniuses from the very start, my appologies. I don't want to vent on the comments made by the two players, named above, but I find them unfair. I'm trying to contribute, I am not the only one to make empty posts from time to time but it seems only mine are getting bad press. Oh well. BTW I think I played a bit differently in the first play - I was deliberately crazy and I wanted to see what was happening. Let's return to the business at hand.

I remove my vote - Kilgrey is apparently too busy criticizing the others to post more clues about her role. Fine, I'll wait.

I noticed this post of Ser Spider:

Look, we all know that WJ is an arrogant bastard (thus stealing custom title from LoB biggrin.gif). But he is good in what he does. He nailed two FM in the first two days. If the healer is among the more experienced players, he would have been healed from the very beginning. The reason why he mentioned it is the amount of new players around. And he was the obvious heal for the first two nights, since no-one yet claimed the role.

And although I admit the possibility of him being SK, he killed the two FM. SK needs FM to help him win the game.

I find it a weak attempt to appease WJ and his sheep before it is too late. He saw the danger and wanted to reverse the trend. Well, if he was so blatantly innocent, imho, he wouldn't bother that much. Ok, let me be one of the sheep. This lynch is at least probable.

Ser Spider

edited for some typos.

I see I have some faithful fans - Filter, Kilgrey, is it just laziness or you deem it the safest option possible, voting for me instead of finding the real FM/SK?

No offense, but while you may know that you're not the real FM or SK, I'm not privy to that information. If you want to defend against the points that have been raised against you without spinning it into discrediting your attacker, I'd be much more inclined to leave you alone. As it is you're just calling me lazy.

Some other people here also mention my play style...please, ask yourself, what play style did you have in your second game? If you were MAFIA geniuses from the very start, my appologies. I don't want to vent on about the comments made by the two players, named above, but I find them unfair. I'm trying to contribute, I am not the only one to make empty posts from time to time but it seems only mine are getting bad press. Oh well. BTW I think I played a bit differently in the first play - I was deliberately crazy and I wanted to see what was happening. Let's return to the business at hand.

I'm not trying to personally attack you or question your ability. I said I find your actions suspicious. I hope you can see the difference, as I have nothing against anyone in this game other than thinking they are or could be a murderous scum.

ETA - I honestly had no idea you were a new player, as I've only played 4 games myself.

And why on earth would you think that people wouldn't follow you, if everyone stated some sort of suspicion toward me?

Actually when I made that post very few people were looking at you. Kat said she no longer suspects you as she once did and WJ mentioned you as a 'top suspect' but had his vote cast somewhere else. I actually don't know what to make of this new found interest myself; I mean, on some level it's to be expected - people tend to follow WJ's lead - but I don't like people just blindly following, and in my mind that's all that JKMan, Thio, and Crusader have done all game.

For that reason I'm switching to Shadowbaby. If we expect two night kills and we only get one it more than likely means something prevented the other one from going through. The 'guard' stated he blocked SB tonight, so I'd say that's a rather strong point against her right there. I don't get why people would prefer to leave her alone today.

I've been suspecting you, and I'm an easy target. I would really like you to explain your vote. Same goes to Thio. And please don't just quote WJ.

Um, how did you put it? Oh yeah... I suspect you because of 'bad vibes'. (What? That's the only reason you suspect me apparently).

More seriously though, there were a few things you said on day 1 and 2 that stuck out at me at the time. I know I should try to find them to make this seem like less of a cop-out excuse , but I hate searching the thread. I'll look for it later.

1,3) I did not vote Shabba only because of the bad vibes. I thought (and still think) that her posting is scummy and unusual.

Please explain the difference between 'vibes' and 'thinking that her posting is scummy and unusual'. If you want to say that they are different, then you need to provide specific examples of posts she made prior to your day 1 vote, and explain why you think those particular posts are suspicious.

Vibes are the reason why I voted her instead of Gert, and only one among them. The other was that I wanted to keep our options opened, since Gert was at the time pretty much the only real case around, and I was trying to see if there are some better lynches around.

I don't mind that as a reason, given that the initial vote came with a fair amount of time left in the day. I like putting pressure on various people, just to see what happens.

But the problem here is, you can come up with the most reasonable explanation in the world, and it doesn't change the fact that your vote needs to be judged in light of the fact that Gert was guilty. You just want us to accept your explanation and ignore the very important information we have gained about Gertrude since that time.

Knowing that Gert was guilty makes your vote for Shadowbaby suspicious. Regardless of whatever explanation you want to try to provide for the vote.

The reasons for me keeping my vote on Shabba later on are-If I hopped on the train that late, I could be suspected for that in the same way I an suspected now, and even more easily if she turned up innocent.

Horrible reason for keeping your vote on Shadow. If you're innocent, you should be trying to vote out the most suspicious player. Not keeping your vote on somebody who you suspect less, just to avoid suspicion from the rest of the group for vote hopping.

2) If I were a FM, wouldn't it be a lot easier to come up with a suspect list entirely different from the one of the person who I'm about to vote?

Sure, that's the logical expectation. But the point here is that I think you made a mistake. I'm not saying you intentionally chose a list of suspects who were the same as Shadow. I'm saying that you made up a list of suspects....and entirely separate from that, you voted for Shadow due to 'bad vibes'. You didn't realize that the 2 things would relate to one another in any way.

But the reason that we suspect the same people just isn't the reason why I shouldn't vote someone I suspect.

It wouldn't matter if your case against Shadow hadn't been 'bad vibes'. I simply have trouble understanding how you can have bad vibes about somebody who suspects the same people that you suspect.

I guess maybe I can see it if you're just going to pin it all on her being under the radar. But if that's the case, then I'm going to come back at you with the same thing I said to Daedalus - if Shadowbaby was so suspicious for being under the radar, then why wasn't Gert suspicious (enough to earn your vote) for the same reasons?

4) Look, Daed was doomed from the beginning, b/c he defended Gert. I didn't. If he voted Gert after defending her, it would have made him even more suspicious. He could only remain voting for Shabba, and hope that Gert would not be lynched. I had a choice, since I even suspected Gert, and I chose to remain on Shabba for the reasons listed. So, the situation is clearly different.

You're missing the point. Its not about whether or not you had a choice. Its about the fact that Daedalus tried to protect Gert. Yes, partly by defending her, but also through the use of his vote on Shadowbaby. You did a very similar thing by voting for Shadowbaby. Yet you want to defend yourself and vote for Daedalus at the same time. It's a contradiction.

5) First thing, I think it's hard to tease out the meanings of the night kills. I agree that I'm the most probable person to have killed Lany, since I was her only remaining suspect. But that exactly is the reason why I wouldn't have gone for her. It would make me look suspicious. Either someone tried to frame me, or she was killed b/c she was a VPI who wasn't likely to be protected. If I was a baddie to kill that night, I would have probably gone for Thio. He had no connection with me whatsoever, and I knew that he was a roled innocent, and yet not likely to be healed.

Okay, I understand that analyzing the night kill is all WIFOM. It doesn't change the fact that often the simplest answer is the correct one.

Archived