ASOIAF Mafia 47.5 - Holiday Massacre!

Mexal

Hmm. You know what, I changed my mind. I refuse to vote for Harpy. I think she's innocent. I'll tell you why in a second, please DO NOT finish the lynch. In fact, please remove some votes ASAP just in case.

...For real?

...Well, okay. Ser Spider.

Hopefully that why will come real soon because I've got to go in ten minutes.

Okay, so my real holiday isn't President's Day. It's Founder's Day, whatever the hell that is. Fits with the Finder role.

A bit too obviously, in fact. I complained to the mods when you guys started your whole role reveal thing. I was really annoyed, because I wasn't going to reveal that holiday. And I wasn't going to reveal any other one, because I was afraid somebody would really have it and duplicate it later. And you know what? They told me that they were sorry, they had completely forgotten - they had meant to give me a fake holiday to reveal.

What does that mean? It means that the fake holidays weren't handed out at the beginning of the game. Meaning the FM probably didn't get their's until later either.

Harpy hinted at having Thanksgiving early on day 1. Earlier, I wanted to make her PI because of that. Then the mods revealed that the FM got fake holidays to reveal. And for some reason, I completely forgot at that time that the fake holidays were handed out late. So I took away the PI that I had given to Harpy based on the Thanksgiving reveal.

I just remembered about it. So I'm back to thinking that Harpy is PI. Otherwise, why would she have hinted at her holiday so early? If she was faking, she would have been risking duplication by somebody else. Doesn't make sense for a FM, who probably didn't even get a holiday until later on day 1.

Okay, so my real holiday isn't President's Day. It's Founder's Day, whatever the hell that is. Fits with the Finder role.

A bit too obviously, in fact. I complained to the mods when you guys started your whole role reveal thing. I was really annoyed, because I wasn't going to reveal that holiday. And I wasn't going to reveal any other one, because I was afraid somebody would really have it and duplicate it later. And you know what? They told me that they were sorry, they had completely forgotten - they had meant to give me a fake holiday to reveal.

What does that mean? It means that the fake holidays weren't handed out at the beginning of the game. Meaning the FM probably didn't get their's until later either.

Harpy hinted at having Thanksgiving early on day 1. Earlier, I wanted to make her PI because of that. Then the mods revealed that the FM got fake holidays to reveal. And for some reason, I completely forgot at that time that the fake holidays were handed out late. So I took away the PI that I had given to Harpy based on the Thanksgiving reveal.

I just remembered about it. So I'm back to thinking that Harpy is PI. Otherwise, why would she have hinted at her holiday so early? If she was faking, she would have been risking duplication by somebody else. Doesn't make sense for a FM, who probably didn't even get a holiday until later on day 1.

If that's true, is Halo also PI?

OMFG. Did I not call that on day 2 and everyone said, "Nooooo, the mods would never lie about giving out roles to everyone on day 1?"

Ser Spider.

I hate you all.

If that's true, is Halo also PI?

I need to go back and check the time of when I got the PM about the fake role, compared to the time when Halo wanted to reveal roles on the thread. I know Harpy's role hints came well before it, but I don't know about Halo's mass holiday reveal stuff.

ETA - Umm, actually.....the mass reveal had to necessarily come before the fake role, because that's what prompted me to ask. So yeah, I guess it applies to Halo too.

OMFG. Did I not call that on day 2 and everyone said, "Nooooo, the mods would never lie about giving out roles to everyone on day 1?"

I agreed with you. It continues to be why I'm not totally convinced by Thio.

I don't completely buy it, because as you said, you did have A holiday to start with. Just not one you wanted to reveal. Isn't it still possible the FM's all got holidays at the start, and they planned to reveal them? However, I can see where you're coming from, having information none of us did, and I'll give it some more thought.

Who do you prefer lynching now, then? Spider?

I need to go back and check the time of when I got the PM about the fake role, compared to the time when Halo wanted to reveal roles on the thread. I know Harpy's role hints came well before it, but I don't know about Halo's mass holiday reveal stuff.

ETA - Umm, actually.....the mass reveal had to necessarily come before the fake role, because that's what prompted me to ask. So yeah, I guess it applies to Halo too.

I put a code in my first post.

I don't completely buy it, because as you said, you did have A holiday to start with. Just not one you wanted to reveal. Isn't it still possible the FM's all got holidays at the start, and they planned to reveal them? However, I can see where you're coming from, having information none of us did, and I'll give it some more thought.

Who do you prefer lynching now, then? Spider?

No, I'm pretty sure the FM probably all got St. Patrick's Day as their original holiday. Everyone else got things like Thanksgiving, Christmas, Ramadan, etc. It was a mod mistake that they realized when people started talking about revealing their holidays.

I actually believed Halo's role from because it fits with the whole religious diversity thing. Total metagaming, but there ya go. It's half of why I suspected Spider, too.

Halo- I believe Thio because he was practically revealing his role before he did so. And I almost pulled a you and made him answer questions about it that I shouldn't have asked. :P

Archived