ASOIAF Mafia 47.5 - Holiday Massacre!

Mexal

Ok, since WJ isn't around to defend himself, I'll do it for him since I believe he's innocent, through and through. I've played something like 40 games with this guy, and he honestly is more useful than a lot of roled innocents. I don't see him asking for a heal tonight, and I have no idea if we even have a healer, but in light of his usefulness on day 1-2, and with no officially revealed roles, his request wasn't out of line. Maybe I'm just approaching this from having known him request heals in the past, but it's pretty much a null tell for WJ. It doesn't mean he's evil. It doesn't mean anything. If it were anyone else, or on another forum, it might mean something, but we're talking about a guy who has a mafia messiah complex, and it's probably deserved.

Useful as he may be, it's still obnoxiously selfish. Not to mention a horrible idea to let the scum know what the roled players may or may not be doing. If WJ is such the amazing player, I'd assume the doc would protect him regardless of his asking. However now that the scum know the doc is going to protect WJ, they wont make an attempt on him and know they have a free kill elsewhere. Protect WJ but don't let scum know that, let them waste their kill. And you are right, you'll probably never make me see how it's a good idea. Additionally to that his attitude surrounding it does nothing to make him look better to me.

In any case, I doubt my words are going to mean much to you there. I thought he was innocent before he went and lynched some guilty people. I still believe he's innocent, because if he were the SK, he'd have a) killed Thiocyanide already and B) not gone after the FM so quickly. Killing off all the FM that early is stupid. I've seen teams make that mistake in multi-team FM games before, targetting the other team too early, and it doesn't tend to end well once the other team is killed off. So how would it benefit him to lynch all the FM in a row, and then try to be a lone gunman the rest of the time?

I've seen it go both ways. If WJ is such a good player, he can afford to gamble. Endear himself to the town by killing FMs during the day, find an excuse for always being a live (doc protects), kill townies at night, make people afraid to lose him by constantly reinforcing how the town is lost without him. Doesn't seem that out there of a plan. Again, the probability is low, I just don't like the fact it's so blindly thrown out of the window.

<drinks the kool-aid and bleats>

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v373/kilgrey/sheep.gif

;)

(And as a parenthetical addendum, those of you who think he'd lynch his partners on days 1-2 are on crack. I'm serious. And if he were to start throwing his partners to the wolves, he would have started with Daedalus, as he and Gertrude are friends and he probably would have appreciated the chance to play evil with her.)

That's a bit of metagaming. And as scum I've bused all my scumbuddies before so I personally think anything is possible. Some games require brutality, however I do agree it's a much less likely option. Again, blindly out the window though. That has been my main point the whole time.

Edit: P.S. Kilgrey, I like the way you think, even if you and I are on different sides of the aforementioned WJ issue.

Thanks, you too! :)

So wait. You are brand new to our community. Everyone else here says that you're on the wrong track. They tell you that my behavior is a 'null tell' and that they'd expect me to act this way when innocent. Yet you insist on ranting against me for this particular reason anyway. And I'm the one who's arrogant? Well, join the club. You apparently think you know me better than the people who have played against me for the past few years. It's truly amazing, given that you've known me for all of 2 days.

As I said, I call it like I see it. I don't care what everyone and their mom wants to tell me, I see your playstyle for what it is. New eyes to a situation can do wonders. Sorry, but I'm not on the WhiskeyJack is a Mafia God bandwagon. But I'll stop derailing with the comments now. My opinion is well known on the subject.

I'm a Finder with one investigation.

So Healer....please protect me tonight. Thanks.

So your one shot ability is more important than someone who has a role that will work every night?

Ser Spider, I have to agree with Filter. The only people who really need to worry about looking suspicious are scum. If you are town, you play to the towns best interests and be as transparent as possible. As long as you give decent reasonings in your actions you should be fine.

Are you trying to make people think you have a role with the above comment? I don't like the tentative hint. If you have a role and don't want to claim it, then stay quiet about it. If you want to claim a role, then do it. But don't go half way.

*gulp* I agree with WhiskeyJack on this.

I see I have some faithful fans - Filter, Kilgrey, is it just laziness or you deem it the safest option possible, voting for me instead of finding the real FM/SK? Some other people here also mention my play style...please, ask yourself, what play style did you have in your second game? If you were MAFIA geniuses from the very start, my appologies. I don't want to vent on the comments made by the two players, named above, but I find them unfair. I'm trying to contribute, I am not the only one to make empty posts from time to time but it seems only mine are getting bad press. Oh well.

Again you want to play the victim instead of actually responding to the cases against you. If the cases are so lame and inaccurate RESPOND TO THEM! How is what I have done unfair? I'm playing the game. I found things you did that was scummy, I posted about them, you chose not to respond and instead cry about it so I voted you. It's as simple as that, that is how the game is played. I'm done responding to you unless it has to do with the case I brought up or a case about someone else. I'm not going to unvote you just because you want to whine about it and play victim nor will I respond to any more of your emo posts.

If she's guarded for 2 nights in a row, and we only get 1 kill for 2 nights in a row, then we have a very strong indication that she is the SK

But if you hog the doc protect tonight OUR GUARD IS DEAD so we wont be able to know that.

The way it sounded to me, they had forgotten all the fake holidays, but I guess I'm not entirely positive.

If this is the case, the game has been borked.

*sigh* One day I'll get here early enough to not have to make huge posts and be all caught up as the game is happening. One day. :(

Hey Finder, what did you find?

Guarder who did you guard?

Hey healer, who did you heal! Just kidding, just kidding.

Yes! Healer who did you find and finder who did you heal!

...crap I think I did something wrong here. :dunno:

That'd be the fake claim of the century.

ETA: Jesus, that's actually really tempting...

Come on, you know you want to! Unburden yourself! If you are scum, you can tell me. Put it in spoilers and I promise I wont tell aaannyone else. ;)

Wait, but you were guarded and there was a kill on night 2. Which...nevermind, I guess that doesn't CI you at all

Ya don't say.

...And there's really not much I can say in my defense. Guarded two nights in a row, and one kill short both nights. To be honest, I think it's best if you do lynch me so you know for sure that I'm not the FM. Were I not me, that's what I'd be saying. That being said, I'm not the last FM.

Ya don't say.

...And there's really not much I can say in my defense. Guarded two nights in a row, and one kill short both nights. To be honest, I think it's best if you do lynch me so you know for sure that I'm not the FM. Were I not me, that's what I'd be saying. That being said, I'm not the last FM.

Where do you think the kill went? It's possible that they went for the doc protect and bounced. Before we do anything I'd like to hear WJs results. If it does come down to you, would you mind posting your suspicions one last time?

Where do you think the kill went? It's possible that they went for the doc protect and bounced. Before we do anything I'd like to hear WJs results. If it does come down to you, would you mind posting your suspicions one last time?

I don't really know if WJ was a finder :)

I think they withheld the kill, myself. If their kill coincided with the healer's... well, now they know the healer threat's very much real in this game. Of that, I approve.

I would be more than happy to post my suspicions before I die. I've played this game more on vibes than on reason, which is actually what I usually do, so I find it strange that people are on my case about that, so I'm not sure how useful my thoughts would be, but I'd be happy to voice them nonetheless. They're mostly unchanged though.

Actually, I forgot about the healer. I suppose that's the other possibility, that someone got targetted on nights 2 and 3 and also healed. If so, well done healer. (Halo? :P Seems like every time I play this game with successful healers in, it's you. Oh wait, don't answer that.)

I'll vote for Shadowbaby later, unless WJ comes up with a surprising investigation result.

Actually, I forgot about the healer. I suppose that's the other possibility, that someone got targetted on nights 2 and 3 and also healed. If so, well done healer. (Halo? :P Seems like every time I play this game with successful healers in, it's you. Oh wait, don't answer that.)

I'll vote for Shadowbaby later, unless WJ comes up with a surprising investigation result.

Well, yes, that would be interesting.

Odds are he'll get a confirmed innocent on somebody, I'm thinking.

I don't really know if WJ was a finder :)

Don't worry, I wonder about it myself so you aren't alone. However he said he was going to use his power tonight, if he indeed has one, and I'd like to hear what he 'found'.

Actually, now that you mention it... :D

(I figure I can bask in the glory until people get to spoiler heaven and find out I'm RI :P)

Archived