ASOIAF Mafia 47.5 - Holiday Massacre!

Mexal

3 FM are too many...only 2 without a symp

Not sure I agree with you there. Some people tend to think that a 3 faction game should be balanced so that each faction has an equal chance at victory. For the FM to have a good shot in a 16 person game, they need more than 2 team members. I'm guessing either 3 FM or 2 FM and a symp.

Hasn't it been established that discussing role distribution helps the FMs more than it helps the innocents?

But yes. There is 1 SK. I think we can all agree on this.

I am not sure this is a fact...just an opinion of a few. :P

what do you suggest we talk about?

fake symp codes, n00b status and age have all be covered.

time for the good stuff. :D

I'd also be a raging pile of loser.

...no offense to half the people you know.

Don't worry. I'm pretty sure they don't care about the opinion of a guy that plays mafia on a fantasy literature forum.

3 FM are too many...only 2 without a symp

I disagree. 3 is not too many. We'd have to fuck up the first five days before game over. That's hardly too outlandish. It depends on what roles we have.

Not sure I agree with you there. Some people tend to think that a 3 faction game should be balanced so that each faction has an equal chance at victory. For the FM to have a good shot in a 16 person game, they need more than 2 team members. I'm guessing either 3 FM or 2 FM and a symp.

I have never run the numbers with a SK. was thinking mainly from an innocent PoV...the FM + the SK making 3 baddies total, but I see your point

Hasn't it been established that discussing role distribution helps the FMs more than it helps the innocents?

But yes. There is 1 SK. I think we can all agree on this.

Established by who? Sorry, but Pless and AE saying it over and over again doesn't make it a fact. :P

Anyway, for what it's worth, they're just against talking about potential good roles. They don't object to speculating on evil roles.

Established by who? Sorry, but Pless and AE saying it over and over again doesn't make it a fact. :P

Anyway, for what it's worth, they're just against talking about potential good roles. They don't object to speculating on evil roles.

But AE and Pless scare me. :P

Either way though, I guess discussing role distribution is going to be more useful than discussing lunar eclipses no matter how you spin it.

No offense taken. I didn't read the SK entry carefully enough.

Coulda sworn it said every night, though.

It did. I saw the same thing, and was going to mention how the mods made the SK too powerful in this game. But then I went back to read the role description before posting, and saw that they had changed it to make it so the SK only kills every other night.

Have to admit, this kind of makes me think you aren't the SK. Could be a setup, but I'm willing to give you the benefit of the doubt for now.

That said, it obviously doesn't influence the odds of you being a FM or symp.

It did. I saw the same thing, and was going to mention how the mods made the SK too powerful in this game. But then I went back to read the role description before posting, and saw that they had changed it to make it so the SK only kills every other night.

Have to admit, this kind of makes me think you aren't the SK. Could be a setup, but I'm willing to give you the benefit of the doubt for now.

That said, it obviously doesn't influence the odds of you being a FM or symp.

Well, at the very least I know I'm not hallucinating. That means I still have some more room for caffeine in my system!

I don't think the SK has posted yet, myself.

I'm not sure how helpful I am going to be on role speculation, but there's absolutely one thing I'm sure of - the Witch Hunter has to be an innocent role. :rolleyes:

In a regular 15 player game, I would round-up to 16. 25% is 4 and bingo - 4 evils. Probably 3 FM, 1 symp. That's the more-or-less accepted vanilla distribution.

With a SK, do the FM need a power boost or power cut?

I'm not sure how helpful I am going to be on role speculation, but there's absolutely one thing I'm sure of - the Witch Hunter has to be an innocent role. :rolleyes:

In a regular 15 player game, I would round-up to 16. 25% is 4 and bingo - 4 evils. Probably 3 FM, 1 symp. That's the more-or-less accepted vanilla distribution.

I was thinking because the innocent deaths pile up more quickly, they need a cut, not boost

As I recall, this thinking let Shadow over there win the game for the FMs. I wouldn't say the WH is necessarily an innocent role here.

As I recall, this thinking let Shadow over there win the game for the FMs. I wouldn't say the WH is necessarily an innocent role here.

(that's why the sarcastic eyeroll :P And how do you know we have a WH role, huh? huh?)

I don't mean a power boost in numbers, but maybe an added evil role - like guard maybe. more than 4 evils would be insane, but 3 might be harder for the FM if the SK gets lucky early. More for stability than power.

I don't think the SK has posted yet, myself.

This really is a strange thing to say. I don't see how anyone could possibly have any sense of this. I'd ask you how you expect the SK to act, but I am not sure we really need to give the SK any ideas of how to, or not to, play their role.

I was thinking because the innocent deaths pile up more quickly, they need a cut, not boost

The FM and, if we have one, guard are really the two best roles to catch the SK. They will be just as frightened of the SK as we are. Right Shadowbaby? ;)

(that's why the sarcastic eyeroll :P And how do you know we have a WH role, huh? huh?)

Heh, I'm sure we don't. They did say vanilla, right? I am not expecting any rainbow sprinkles in this game. They may be tasty and fun to have sometimes but we really just need the vanilla to get our game on. :)

Archived