ASOIAF Mafia 47.5 - Holiday Massacre!

Mexal

I'd be willing to move. I don't really see the case against Crusader, and I'd rather kill Harpy, but Spider isn't totally off my radar.

As long as Shadowbaby is blocked tonight, and Harpy investigated.

A Homeless Harpy, by Filter.

The suspicions I have for A Homeless Harpy center on three basic tenets; possible connections to Daedalus and Gertrude (including distancing, defense, and unwillingness to vote), inconsistent behavior, and attacking her attackers instead of their cases. I'll make a cursory mention of going out of her way to hint at her holiday. I'm not certain if that is a point for or against her. I am not including the fact that she missed Thio's guard hinting, since I now know Harpy is new and might have overlooked it.

Connections between Gertrude, Daedalus and Harpy

Gerty and Harpy exchange joke votes. I'm just mentioning them for completionist's sake.

homeless harpy. Call it a hunch. ;)

Playing altless is weird but I think I'll manage. Let me start by voting for Gertrude - I bet I'll score a point with the mods, at least one of their mistakes came true!!

She then engages in more joking with Gertrude, and defends Gerty against WJ's vote.

Thank you Gertrude. :love: I promise this time I'll be the reasonable type...for now.

I hope I won't get killed the very first day, as reasonable types are prone to - I was highly surprised that my madness carried me up to the day five. I know I lost but in what style! They strangled me barehanded, as far as I remember, you among them of course!

A perfect serial killer attitude...or a very good camouflage. Any other reasons to vote for Gertrude, Whiskeyjack? :hat:

When asked if she is opposed to voting for Gertrude, her response is that she would rather look for a more probable candidate, while at the same time saying day 1 cases are not likely to find a more probable candidate.

At this stage of the play it's hardly about opposing, it's rather about looking for a more probable candidate. The first day you can choose and pick, can't you? The arguments might range from "She doesn't like my avatar", "her comment was weird" to "she doesn't post as much as she used to in previous games" - I don't think you can claim these arguments to be good or helpful, really. If you want to make a case you must wait and watch the player a bit longer. Of course you might be just a killer and push for a lynch the first day. Usually, it is a pointless lynch of an innocent, though.

I know Gertrude might be a killer in this game like everybody else - she has everything what you need: experience, skills. She is old enough (but not too old, mind you) but her JUST being less active the first day is simply as meaningless as my nickname (a harpy - bird, not a harpy - instrument btw!!!)

I can as well accuse you of being too active and diverting our attention from your humble person.

She then agrees with Daedalus in defending Gerty.

I quite agree - lynching just for the lynch itself is stupid. If you can't build a reasonable case against somebody, just let it be for a while.

This is where the inconsistent behavior begins.

She votes for Gertrude, citing the same reason she defended her along with Daedalus This is one of the main points I have against Harpy. Once WJ made his intentions clear, and the mob started to form on Gertrude, she laid her vote down.

I remove my vote.

Gertrude.

Why?

Far too quiet (20 votes so far? From you? Honestly...), not building a case for anyone, not jumping to the throat of WJ after his accusations ...if you are so busy, write it in italics. If you are guilty...my vote is yours, my lady!

Posts her suspect list to start day 2. It is topped by Daedalus, followed by Thio, and Ser Spider. I'm not sure if they were in order of suspicion, but the only one she stated any evidence for was Daedalus. She then votes for Thio based on Piper's case. She stated suspicion of Daedalus, but was never willing to vote for him.

Attacking her attackers

I'm just going to provide links to these.

Thio/Filter

Thio again

Anyone at all who suspects her

Killgrey

In essence, her defense has now boiled down to "anyone who attacks me is an FM trying to kill an innocent.

Honestly, I don't have a lot of time to formulate long posts right now, I have guests coming for dinner. I was going to include more and post more, but I'm finding myself running out of time, so I'll summarize and say that I feel she fits the mold for an inexperienced FM who has found herself partnerless.

We have 2.5 hours left.

At this point, I need to know how many people are willing to switch over to Ser Spider. He only has 2 votes. Is there anybody out there even considering a move?

I am here, and would much rather consider Spider than Crusader. That said, my first choice is still Harpy.

I'll summarize and say that I feel she fits the mold for an inexperienced FM who has found herself partnerless.

Hmm. Thats actually a pretty solid case.

I came into today with Harpy as my number 1 suspect. I dropped her down my list because of Lany being the one who died - Lany had listed Harpy as PI, so there wasn't any reason for Harpy to kill her.

That said....no offense meant to Harpy, but I could see a new player maybe not thinking about who trusted her, and just getting rid of somebody who everyone had labeled as VPI.

At this point, I think I might consider moving my vote to Harpy, if necessary.

I'm going to leave work now so I can be home in time for the last hour of the day. Of the 3 people who are viable options today, I rank my preference as follows:

1) Ser Spider

2) Homeless Harpy

3) Crusader

I'm willing to vote for any of them if necessary to get a lynch.

It is day 3.

12 players remain: Crusader, Filter, Halo, JKMan, Kat, Kilgrey, Piper of Chaos, Ser Spider, Shadowbaby, Thiocyanide, Whiskeyjack, a homeless harpy.

7 votes are needed for a conviction or 6 to go to night.

5 votes for Crusader (Shadowbaby, Piper of Chaos, Ser Spider, JKMan, Thiocyanide)

4 votes for Ser Spider (Whiskeyjack, a homeless harpy, Kat, Halo)

2 votes for a homeless harpy (Kilgrey, Filter)

1 vote for Piper of Chaos (Crusader)

You have 2.5 hours remaining in day 3.

Archived