BWB Burns Night

needle

:lol:

Just because of something Needle said...where is this happening actually? I'm thinking about what airports I should be flying into/out of. Coming in on Saturday afternoon and leaving Monday morning, to arrive back at 9 for work seems the cheapest option so far. :)

Ser V, I'm not sure we'll let you in without Mrs V to stop you making random 'new friends' :P

Yes, that will be my argument

See, I knew that weirdo would come in handy one day... :P

Hmm, Friday in, Monday out seems like an idea. The BwB Edinburgh doesn't have that many space right? As someone mentioned, renting a hostel or some such with a group should be do-able. We do need to know who is in for that though.

I just booked a ticket. Way to expensive, but I can't be bothered right now to meddle with the cheap airlines, requiring spending lots of time on various airports. Now it *is* expensive, but at least directly towards Edinburgh, and hence, no bother.

As for accommodations...park bench anyone? :P

had a look at hostels - there's a fair range, and most look pretty cheap. I'd reckon around 15 quid a night max for this time of year, bit more if we go for 4 bed rooms or something. One or two said they didn't want groups of people likely to be loud and noisy late at night, so we're best off avoiding them :P.

Might be an idea to provisionally book say an 8 or ten bed dorm for the fri and sat, but, first i need to know if everyone is happy with hostels, who'se staying what night, etc.

Or we could just decide on a hostel and everyone book their own. I really don't think there'll be a problem getting places this time of year.

Zak, any idea on where yet? or should we start looking at pubs that'll lay something on? I reckon with 20 of us that wouldn't be too hard to do.

Just Saturday night for me. Although I might be arriving early Saturday morning. :)

What are the closing hours for pubs in Scotland now? I know England went 24 hours open...but since Scotland is different, I wouldn't want to assume anything. :P

And thanks Feezle!

Edinburgh pubs tend to open till 1:30 am, clubs till 3. If we rent a function room somewhere as planned, we ought to be able to drink into the wee sma' hours.

And I'm up for hostel accommodations for the Saturday night at least. Maybe the Friday too, but I'll confirm that later.

Well accomodation, we'd love to be able to put everyone up, but sadly we do have space constrictions. We can probably do 5 or so folk fairly easily-ish, but in an emergency we can cram more in. Of course it might possibly be that we have less people in edinburgh on the non-saturday nights, so it would be much easier to get people here that night(s).

Ms Zak has checked things with her friend at RSCDS, and they have a list of events http://john.m.sturrock.users.btopenworld.com/jan-mar06.htm . There is something on nearby on the 28th but i'm not entirely sure how these things work and whether you can just go along to them. Problem would really be that these are usually folk who know all the moves.

As for other possible events i'll check the edinburgh listings. For getting some kind of function suite i'll also have a look around, but people are of course welcome to do their own googling too :)

Been busy over last couple of days and am for a couple more, but i'll see what i can do

Archived