BWB Burns Night

needle

Pod, Edinburgh would seem to be the best place to head if arriving on the sat.

I have now booked my train ticket to Glasgow on the friday, but am up for whatever is decided on the fri night (be it edinburgh or Glasgow).

Whats the state of play for sat night?

Oops, where are my manners?!!!!

Daj and GoN, may I stay at your place if we stick to Glasgow on friday?

arriving into edinburgh on Friday at approx 2100. Anyone got any accommodation to put up me and Mr Chal?

also what's happening with accommodation on the Saturday?

N

Not far for me either so I'm waiting to find out the plan for Saturday - I expect that I can get away with leaving husband and kids at around lunchtime so could do with an early afternoon RV / person to contact...will anyone be sober enough to be coherent at that time on Saturday :unsure: This could be alot of fun :D

gah! sorry!

Me and sean and mo and daj will go wherever you tell us to. Just command us!

Zoolo, you are getting at noon on friday? I could come through and have a drink with you, or vice versa :)

will anyone be sober enough to be coherent at that time on Saturday

I'll try to be, prettymuch always up for a drink. There is quite a good little pub at the bottom of Cockburn St that could be suitable as a congregation point for those travelliny by train. :cheers:

By now I am somewhat confused what will actually happen where, so I'll just make sure that I arrive in Glasgow Friday evening (can't be bothered with correct grammatical order now, sorry), sober enough to be up to whatever may happen then :)

Looking forward to it in any case :)

how about me and you, Fee, stay in Ediburgh, get horrendously drunk and fuck until we die?

N

Right, thats it!!!! I'm going to Edinburgh. :P

GoN, you can add Barry to our merry little band in Glasgow. We are on the same train up (at opposite ends, obviously).

"I'll try to be, prettymuch always up for a drink. There is quite a good little pub at the bottom of Cockburn St that could be suitable as a congregation point for those travelliny by train. "

I'll probably get a train that gets me in between 1 and 2pm - there are a few pubs up around Cockburn Street - I think :unsure: . I know the Hebridean which is on the little street that you come onto as you come out of the station (north side). It's quite small but sells lots of malt whiskeys and its the only one I can remember the name of - can't believe that it's only five years since I lived in the big smoke!! Any better suggestions welcome :D

The one I was thinking of is (if I remember rightly) "The Malt and Shovel" a nice old style pub with a good range of ales. I think I know the Hebredean, and if I recall correctly its great (and may have been featured in "the Stone Canal")

Edinburgh is a city of great pubs... and some dire ones too!

The one I was thinking of is (if I remember rightly) "The Malt and Shovel" a nice old style pub with a good range of ales. I think I know the Hebredean, and if I recall correctly its great (and may have been featured in "the Stone Canal")

Edinburgh is a city of great pubs... and some dire ones too!

Well looks like we've got a couple of possibilities for starters. At least two of us would know where we're going ;) There's still a few weeks to go so no doubt the plan will change a few thousand times before the day - I'm happy to go along with the majority flow - just keep posting the plans... :D

Actually, the hostel I was thinking of making Base camp is next door to the Hebridean (it has a bar downstairs). unfortunately I can't remember the name of it or the street. :(

There is one on Cockburn Street though, so yeah, near the station, easy to get to (two minutes from station and airport drop off), lots of pubs in vicinity, 14 quid a night. I'll keep looking for that other one though.

Edinburgh backpackers

reviews off..

They do double rooms from around 21-25 pp. I asked for availibility for 10, and it seemed ok.

Archived