BWB Burns Night

needle

For clarity:

I am going in Friday (guns ablazing :P) and out on Monday.

edit: zak, if you are not booked full yet, I'd be really happy to waste some space at your place (considering my already rather expensive ticket). That is if you'll have me, of course. :P

We could host something in Glasgow at the house on friday night for the early arrivers and save the cost of a hostel that one night. We could ever try *gasp* to play the board game again :P

Just spoken to Barry and it looks like we will probably be arriving on saturday morning and leaving on sunday afternoon.

I am up for getting a big dorm at a hostel, but a hotel would be cool too. I will just play it by ear and wait to see what everyone else is doing.

Not too bothered what we do on the sat night (be it a traditional burn's night or if we hire out a hall/room) as long as we actually go out and do some dancing and drinking. :)

Unless some deity decides to strike me down (or my boss decides that he won't allow me to take a couple of days off), you can count on the annoying thing going by the name of morair sneachd. I pity you all :)

Unless some deity decides to strike me down (or my boss decides that he won't allow me to take a couple of days off), you can count on the annoying thing going by the name of morair sneachd. I pity you all :)

WOOT!!!! :D

I'm pretty definite, and would be happy to share a dorm in a hostel on the Saturday night. :)

I'm looking forward to seeing Fee again, meeting Ser Vestrit, and catching up with everyone else once more. Woohoo!

Sophie

*cheers mo*

Sean, I hope you have a lot of patience if you are going to teach me any dancing :P

Nessa, I assure you I have two left feet when it comes to dancing, but give me a few beers and i'm convinced that I am Michael Jackson.

Owww! I'm one bad mutha fucka!!!!

I still cannot do quotes. I am sooo hopeless.

Oh well. I shall make sure that I will at least honestly attempt to study the board game rules (which means that I probably won't, but I tried...). And for the dancing: I have only been dancing for five years, that doesn't mean I can do it. in fact I'll join the society of people-with-two-left-feet anytime, so it should be lots of fun.

Maybe two people with left feet result in some kind of interference (as waves do in, you know, physics when you try to prove that light is both wave and particle), so that you get lots of capable dancers. I have been to socials where a certain amount of alcohol helped to improve the dancing abilities as well, so I fear not.

I'll leave the fearing for Burn's night as I'll be horribly shy again :)

And yet I can't wait to make a fool out of myself :)

Mo, bear in mind most of us (ie me, for one) are relying on twenty-year-old memories of being taught 'social dancing' in PE class at school, with practise in the last two decades being limited to dancing drunkenly at weddings. You're well ahead. :P

Well, drunken dancing at weddings sounds better than my poor attempts at competing with those people who spend their holidays doing advanced dancing classes an' a', but as we are probably going to take care of the drunken bit, it should all work out fine. At least I am trying to be optimistic this year.

And yes, people do enjoy it. At least so I've been told;) [that is, it's great if you don't go worrying about how you make a fool of yourself as yours truly does... ]

sounds like fun.. :)

Anyway: My boss gives me a couple of days off, Ryanair gave me a flight, so I'm afraid you have to deal with me ;)

And sorry for yesterday's mo-can't-do-anything-anyway post. I realize I am annoying. I promise to improve :)

Should be able to make this - managed to persuade my mum and dad to give me a piece of carpet in their flat (they rent it out to tourists and like to keep it nice :) ) so I won't need to take up any space in already crowded bwb abodes! The only dance that I can ever remember is strip the willow - thanks to being hurled about by my dad and all his mates at hogmanay when I was about six :D I really thought I could fly - might have had something to do with all the alcohol that I'd hoovered from unattended glasses :lol:

I may have a lead on an organised event we can crash... at the Caledonian Brewery, which can't be bad. ;) I've been to events there before, and a friend is considering organising a Burns Night. Should know in a day or two.

I may have a lead on an organised event we can crash... at the Caledonian Brewery, which can't be bad. ;) I've been to events there before, and a friend is considering organising a Burns Night. Should know in a day or two.

Sounds great, Mormy..my cousin used to be promotions manager for Cali breweries. Unfortunatley no longer :( But events there are susually pretty great drunken affairs.

Archived