Kay and GD in LA!

[quote name='Faceless Dude' post='1313683' date='Apr 14 2008, 12.29']Hey Teri! Tell them how you cancelled the Fiesta! :D[/quote]

:lol:

Hey, since the sign flipped to 0/0/0, maybe I actually made Fiesta come early! ;)

When I was at Starbucks on Sunday morning formatting the pictures (removing red eye, etc.) and waiting with FD for Kay and GD to get there, there were no seats left near the electrical outlets (it was packed), so the battery on my laptop went dead. And I really wanted to show Kay and GD the pictures taken on Saturday.

So I said we should try to find a way to plug in the computer from wherever we ate lunch. We ended up going in a Mexican cantina a few blocks down Santa Monica Blvd, but sadly all of their electrical outlets (there were actually a pretty lot of them) were all filled up with cords to all the restaurant's many devices, like a fan, a security camera, two television screens, and gazillions of lighted signs. I even checked the bathroom and no luck. But I found one outlet, though, that had two cords plugged into it, and one of them went to a sign that was counting down the days, hours and minutes to "Fiesta" (meaning, judging by the countdown, Cinco de Mayo), while the other one went to a string of Christmas lights running along the wall that were turned off.

Unfortunately, in unplugging what I thought was the string of unused Christmas lights, I actually unplugged the countdown to Fiesta sign. The bartender came over and said in a very annoyed voice "Would you [i]please[/i] stop unplugging things! Now I'm going to have to reset the countdown!"

Which he proceeded to do. I tried to make up for my vandalism by picking up the tab and leaving a 25% tip.

Then we ended up going back to my hotel and plugging the computer in at the lobby there. (I was already checked out, but my car was still in the hotel garage.) That's where the picture of the four of us was taken, by one of the hotel clerks.

[quote name='Angalin' post='1313874' date='Apr 14 2008, 14.00']Fabulous pictures, ladies and gent! :thumbsup:[/quote]

We had a fabulous time, too. :)

I've finished formatting [url="http://tpettit.best.vwh.net/images/LA_visit/index.html"]the framing pages[/url] now. The same link works, it just isn't a directory listing now that it has an index.html page in it.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived