Goodkind XXXVI. Moral pie with celery sauce

Gabriele

[quote name='Triskele' post='1285948' date='Mar 24 2008, 01.23']When are we going to hear some casting decisions on Raimi's disaster to be? I was trying to describe this filth to my brothers over Easter dinner today. They aren't necessarily Spiderman fanatics but I said "Yeah, Sam Raimi is turning the worst fantasy into a TV show." They were like "Why?" I couldn't quickly explain it.[/quote]

Bruce Campbell will be playing all the major roles. Goodkind will make a cameo as a red leather clad swedish grandmother.

It's also been said that Zedd will do his naked rock magic to channel Ayn Rand instead of Zedd's departed parents.

The goat will likely be CGI to add that extra bit of nobility currently missing in Hollywood. My* will be providing voice.

Casting for the Chicken that is not a Chicken has been delayed until Production can tear down an old-growth forest to find a suitable endangered species to fill the role.

[quote name='Patrick Mallister' post='1286971' date='Mar 25 2008, 11.03']just was on the yeard's website and saw some links to various articles about WFR becoming a show....they're the same article published on different websites. just thought that funny.[/quote]
I don't know whether to laugh or cry at the silliness of that.

oh it is very much worth it. Just hold out until someone important offers you cool free things like titles you don't deserve :)

New stuff about the yeard???? Hmm, I have been contemplating writing my own parody of the first novel, but I'm nervous because I know it has already been done before. Don't want to look dumb if it is crap. :)

[quote name='Triskele' post='1287062' date='Mar 24 2008, 23.24']This is really random but I remember when I was really young, somewhere around 9-10, I had a friend in the neighborhood I played around with. This guy ended up being a very stoney Dartmouth student. Anyhow, we were in to trying to draw stuff and we liked fantasy type things. I remember distinctly he drew a sword he called "The Sword of Truth." This was in roughly 1990 so pre-Tairy. I remember this because I thought the name was ridiculous, even at that age. The cynicism in me was planting it's seeds.[/quote]

I remember during the reading of the SoT series a number of plot points or accessories used in the plot that i'd come up with back in high school, around 1994 or so. I'd never even heard of Goodkind, let alone read his (or really any other) fantasy series. I'd grown up on comic books. When I read Terry's use of my same ideas I had 2 reactions. One was "man, he seriously messed that up. So much opportunity gone to waste". The second was "Well if a bestselling author and I have the same ideas, I must be on to something."

Yeah, you have no idea how stupid I feel now.

What's needed is the obvious follow-up to The Sword of Truth.

But Shev, you ask, what could that possibly be?

Why, it's quite obvious.

The Sword of Lies.

And it can feature the son of Richard, who takes a Darth Vader-like path until his father comes to tell him that He Is Wrong. It would be like Star Wars, but in reverse!

[quote name='Shevchyk' post='1287134' date='Mar 25 2008, 01.39']What's needed is the obvious follow-up to The Sword of Truth.

But Shev, you ask, what could that possibly be?

Why, it's quite obvious.

The Sword of Lies.

And it can feature the son of Richard, who takes a Darth Vader-like path until his father comes to tell him that He Is Wrong. It would be like Star Wars, but in reverse![/quote]

A great idea Shev, but it's gotta be a little filthier. What about The Sheath of Lies? And it's a story about Richard's Daughter?

[quote name='Foreverlad' post='1287135' date='Mar 25 2008, 01.41']A great idea Shev, but it's gotta be a little filthier. What about The Sheath of Lies? And it's a story about Richard's Daughter?[/quote]

And she gets with a werewolf.

By gets, uhm...

Let your imagination take you places, Foreverlad.

[quote name='Shevchyk' post='1287143' date='Mar 25 2008, 03.00']And she gets with a werewolf.

By gets, uhm...

Let your imagination take you places, Foreverlad.[/quote]

Please. My mind has frequent flier miles for all the places my imagination has been.

If we look at "The Sword of Truth" as a Freudian field day, The Sheath of Lies would be Freud's WWIII.

Hmmm...

Ayn Rahl, daughter of Dick Rahl and Klan Amnell is a courageous and noble girl. Her mother, a highly successful 'almost-rape' counselor, is off in a distant land, force feeding men their own genitals. Her father Dick is currently teaching the masses why it's IMPERATIVE that the native mud people sit in the back of the wagons and tend the fields for 20 hours a day under threat of the whip. Being the wonderful and logical daughter that she is, Ayn has been left to her own devices in the family's 1000 room mansion.

....yeah, I just don't have the patience to make up anything more. There was gonna be a rape scene though, I promise.

What we need her is some kind of Presidium of Veritas, led by some ignoble bastard king, who sets Ayn off on a perilous quest to find The Wall's Sheath of Lies, an aptly titled object that holds some Great Truth about the State of the World's Union. It forces her to reevaluate her attitude towards the silver-spoon'd life she has thus far lived, and perhaps results in her helping to overthrow the ---

Shit. That would be like Communism (but, y'know...not).

This needs more people, editorial input, and so much more smut.

[quote name='Shevchyk' post='1287143' date='Mar 25 2008, 03.00']And she gets with a werewolf.

By gets, uhm...

Let your imagination take you places, Foreverlad.[/quote]

she doesn't get with a werewolf, she almost-gets with a werewolf but is distracted by a crowd of onlookers, so she kills them for being evil

Sheath of truth = prophylactic

I am imagining a hero who goes around raping women who are asking for it by wearing short skirts and boob tubes but he is a good guy and wears his sheath of truth so its therefore perfectly alright :sick:
Hey its no sicker than anything Tairy or Ayn Rand wrote :sick: :sick: :sick:

[quote name='Charles Phipps' post='1283677' date='Mar 21 2008, 19.21']It's the great irony that Richard is in a "standard fantasy world" and is a ruthless and brutal protagionist.[/quote]
I can't help feeling you've missed the point here. You have got it absolutely right that Richard is a ruthless and brutal protagonist but the thing is TG believes that Richard is "a shining paragon of virtue and the perfect example of what a man should be." It is no secret that Richard is a Gary Stu and TG writes every scene imagining that he himself is Richard and this is how he develops the plot and the decisions his characters make.

The scary thing about this is that he REALLY REALLY means it. When Richard commands his army to travel to the Old World and commit mass genocide on all men, women and children who are part of the Imperial Order Terry really believes that this was the only right and moral thing for Richard to do. He REALLY REALLY believes that in this situation with these circumstances the total slaughter of innocent civilians is completely acceptable. He was not being ironic, he was not creating an anti-hero as Bakker has with Kellhus, he was not playing with his audience by showing how power corrupts and makes once good people into evil tyrants. Richard is the good guy and everything he does is right no matter what it is.

He REALLY REALLY meant it and that is why the Objectivist writing of Tairy is so Objectionable.

Archived