Goodkind XXXVI. Moral pie with celery sauce

Gabriele

[quote name='Gabriele' post='1290758' date='Mar 27 2008, 11.07']That makes me wonder if Bush read Tairy's books.[/quote]

Reading books is for college intellectuals and commie pinkos, Bush does not have time to read books or papers. He does books on CD, and goes boy I wish that I could give a speech as good as the Richard guy. He as a way with words.

[quote name='Foreverlad' post='1291301' date='Mar 27 2008, 23.36']If you're writing the great american novel, I can understand not adapting it. Most novelists will never have that kind of choice to make though. I heard a statistic that 90+% of the authors you find in your local Barnes & Noble have a second job (or first) outside of authoring their own novels.

That's all a moot point as far as Tairy is concerned though, so I digress.[/quote]
I don't doubt it. I'm pretty sure I've never heard of 99% of the authors in Barnes and Noble, let alone bought their books.

[quote name='Un-Yearded Pita' post='1292728' date='Mar 29 2008, 05.45']Where can you find authors in Barnes & Noble?
Because I can't find any in mine.
Just a fuckload of books.
I love mis-saying cusswords.[/quote]

LOL

Let me rephrase my original statistic "90+% of the authors of all the books you find on the shelves at B&N have second (or first) jobs to supplement or support their authoring"

Meaning most will never get rich "or financially healthy" off their writing.

I've been trying to create a good yeard silhouette so I can make a snappy "don't feed the yeard" sign shirt.

It's been difficult depicting TG in Photoshop accurately. I just can't get the pompousness right.

I know it's the thing to do (hate on Terry Goodkind) but I gotta give him props for actually getting the ABC/Sam Raimi deal done for Wizards First Rule, the first and best book. 22 episodes is really nice for a Saturday at 9:00.

[quote name='Un-Yearded Pita' post='1294332' date='Mar 31 2008, 02.43']A Yeard silhouette should have some indication of raptor/raper gaze, and since silhouettes don't have eyes and stuff, it can't have a gaze.
Death chooser.[/quote]

Oh ye of little faith...

A the silhouette I was thinking of would have negative spaces where certain raptor-like features would be.

If I can get it together, I think you'll approve.

MethodMan=Enigma in disguise.
I may approve, Foreverlad, but only if you help me choose life (thus making me choose death) by making the title for the next thread And Now With Complimentary T-Shirts.

[quote name='Un-Yearded Pita' post='1295001' date='Mar 31 2008, 13.33']MethodMan=Enigma in disguise.
I may approve, Foreverlad, but only if you help me choose life (thus making me choose death) by making the title for the next thread And Now With Complimentary T-Shirts.[/quote]

Deal. I'll watch over this thread like a raptor, and shortly before post 400, I'll STRIKE!

I still wanna make some personalized ones for our regular yeardies.

[quote name='Foreverlad' post='1295137' date='Mar 31 2008, 22.06']Deal. I'll watch over this thread like a raptor, and shortly before post 400, I'll STRIKE![/quote]

We need a raptor smiley.

This one :stunned: doesn't really cut it.

ya know Pita, i was thinking the same thing when I bumped it. I had nothing to add to the destruction of the yeard, but I couldn't let our thread be on page two.

Oh well, raptor smileys would be all right, I would like smileys in red leather to be perfectly honest.

I was just skimming about the earlier posts in this thread, and a criticism is mentioned, that I have heard before in old threads, that Richard is morally inconsistent, ie, he's supposed to be the good guy but has done some real nasty shit when it suited his needs.

It's been years (thank God) since I read this collection of fecies, but I don't remember the basis for that particular criticism. Is this stuff he did in NE or latter books (I do recall NE being the first book of the series that I couldn't be bothered to borrow and crack open, the previous sack of shit (Pillars?) being so painful as to make me totally abandon the series), or am I just forgetting something (quite possible, as I've done my best to brain flush and TG related memories)?

Out of the many, many things wrong with the series I don't personally ever recall thinkin 'Richard shouldn't be doing that, he's a good guy', but like I said it's been years. What has RR done in the series that should have him labelled as anything but a good guy?

[quote name='Ripley']Out of the many, many things wrong with the series I don't personally ever recall thinkin 'Richard shouldn't be doing that, he's a good guy', but like I said it's been years. What has RR done in the series that should have him labelled as anything but a good guy?[/quote]

I haven't read Goodkind except for the Moose's Quotes of the Day, but the two examples from those I can think of are:

1. Use of torture: it's a horrible atrocity when the bad guys do it, but when employed by the good guys it's perfectly fine

2. Slaughter of civilians: two scenes come to mind, the slaughter of unarmed peace protesters armed with nothing but their "hatred for moral clarity" (i.e. they disagree with Richard) and the guerilla warfare (in enemy territory without any kind of support structure!) against the civilian population of the Imperial Order, complete with salting their fields, burning their cities and cutting off the ears of slain enemies (including women and children) as trophies

As someone who read the books. The slaughtering of Civilians was pretty bad, but in the end if that was the solution to this terrible war, I may have been able to forgive him..... but no, Richard becomes God in the end and just wisks away everyone who disagrees with him, but while he is God.... he never once brings back the people he slaughtered.

So the title of next thread has a ninja rooting for it.
Life is good.
By the way, people, I think my thought process is similiar to the Yeard's in the matter that I think:
Slaughter=Hilarity
while TG thinks
Slaughter Hillary

(Wait for groans)

Anyway, I'd buy actual Yeard T-SHIRTs. I'd love a shirt that says Wielder of the Sword of Truth, even with all of the phallicness it involves.

Archived