Goodkind XXXVI. Moral pie with celery sauce

Gabriele

So I volunteer in a charity bookshop and today some guy donated like 7 Goodkind books. I pleaded with the managed the burn them but she said put them on the shop floor. Needless to say an hour later some guy came in and bought them. I felt bad for him but at least the Yeard didn't get fed by him.

[quote name='Triskele' post='1304893' date='Apr 7 2008, 18.06']I don't think so. I thought it was Oscar Wilde for a second. But Oscar Wilde was gay and I assume Tairy is not down with gays.[/quote]
Actually, TG has no problem with lesbians. I don't know if this extends to gays, because of the YUK FACTOR (No offense meant)

[quote name='MinDonner' post='1305549' date='Apr 8 2008, 16.22']Correction: Tairy has no problem with lesbians [i]as long as they also fancy Richard[/i]. Anything else is unnatural.[/quote]
Okay, so does this mean Tairy is OK with beastiality as Gratch fancies Richard?

[quote name='Un-Yearded Pita' post='1303905' date='Apr 7 2008, 04.34']I'm vain, I'll admit.
But I have one piece of evidence that will make your me=enigma theory nonexistent.
If I were enigma, he'd have a much higher post count.
And he'd be a Newcomb fan.[/quote]

you gave 2 pieces of evidence when you said you only had one. This shows that inherently you are a deceitful person, and therefore, I am not capable of trusting your evidence. You could lie to me again. The only way this can be resolved is for Shining Enigma to come clean.

As far as that T-Shirt goes. I like the idea. Foreverlad, I am eagerly awaiting your t-shirt genius.

I also assume that Tairy would be ok with bestiality on the day he fancies a noble goat and writes a long impeccably rational argument regarding how his action will be morally just and full of truthiness. In the meantime, anyone who owns a goat better rub some shit on it to take down its nobility quotient.

[font="Book Antiqua"][size=3]Goodkind would never be interested in 'bestiality', it is assuredly not on his 'to-do' list. For that matter, it is not on mine, and I sincerely hope it is not on yours. Goodkind avoids vulgarities; he is a refined and highly erudite man whose interests are reflected in the positive side of his works.

Now we must all make one point absolutely clear: Pita is not I, nor am I him. We are two very separate persons, and while I believe that at heart he desires truth above all else, his current words can not be held as impeccable, (respectabull's observations show this to an extent); mine can, though. There is no need for me, really, to 'come clean' as you say; I am a very acceptable fellow, am I not?

Well, at least we all know where we stand; pray, continue (or not).

[/size][/font]

hey no one is saying he is a sexual predator on the loose. All I'm saying, is if passing fancy were to catch his eye, he might moralize a way to seducing farm animals.

As far as you (Enigma) responding to my questioning about Pita, perhaps it is coincidence that Pita needed a corroborator that his persona is not both him and you.... or it could be that you are Pita and are just reasserting yourself as not-Pita so as to make us unsure of your true identity. Then again, I don't accuse Pita of trolling our board, I am only suggesting the possibility.

Man, I just finished [i]Confessor[/i] and it's a grinding read.

I've also just read some reviews on Amazon and I pretty much agree with all of them.

The [i]Sword of Truth[/i] series started of very well. [i]Wizard's First Rule[/i] is a great read and the next two or three books are also pretty good. Just for the midway point in the series though, Goodkind starts to drown the story in the message. There are often several pages dedicated to monologues about freedom and what not; Richard's preaching gets exceedingly boring, especially the one at the end. That final one wouldn't have been so bad if there hadn't been another twenty in that book alone! Then there's entire chapters dedicated to the science of magic, and after baffling discussions about webs and signs, we haven't the foggiest what it was all about!

The characterisation isn't great. During the big discussions between say, Nicci and Richard, the reader can get totally confused about who actually said what! There's no quirks specific to each character that make you think "Hmm, that's Nicci speaking there", they all have the same style of speech. The only trademark of speech is when Zedd says "Bags!" Then there's that part when Richard is painting hia Ja'La team. "Do me next Richard, then me, then me. One at a time." What a load of rubbish! The Ja'La team are big, ignorant brutes who rape people and smash children's heads off walls, not desperately excited children. I also hate it when a character says "You did good." It reminds me of some crappy American fim/tv show/cartoon (no offence to Americans by the way). The representation of Jagang was just plain shit.

I was also dissapointed we didn't see so much of some of the characters. Chase and Rachel dissapeared after [i]Stone of Tears[/i] only to pop up again several books later with no explanation of their whereabouts, the same with Adie. Zedd was in the series from the start but after [i]Wizard's First Rule[/i] he appeared sparingly, and he was probably the best character. Verna was a crucial character for a couple of books, then rarely made an appearance.

The repitition is also dreadfully mind-numbing. Goodkind will use a few hundred pages each book to explain what had happened in the previous books, thus melting the reader's brain. I was thoroughly tempted to skip pages a few times. The other parts that get repeated are the scenes when Richard is fighting with the Sword of Truth and Kahlan is using her confessor power. We know damn well what happens when they use their powers, so we didn't need two pages of explanation each time!

Goodking tied up a lot of loose ends in [i]Confessor[/i], but completely ignored some other very important parts of the book. What happened to the monster male child born from a Richard and Kahlan? What happened to the damage the chimes were doing? What happened to the Old World after the Imperial Order vanished? What did Nicci do after Jagang and the Order were removed? Goodkind's problem was that he added in way too much to the plot and then suffocated the plot with moral issues. The series could have been finished neatly after five books, but for some mad reason Goodkind decided to Christmas-Tree it.

What started off as a very good series was eventually ruined. :( I kept reading it just to see what happened in the end, just for the sake of completion. I was very dissapoined.

The ending was shitty as well. Why bother with that wedding that was so blatantly a rip-off of Aragorn and Arwen in [i]Return of the King[/i]?

Black Wizard, I felt the way you do you now for a long time after reading the books. Now I look back and see a lot of stuff, thanks to the lemmings of course, that I never saw before. The more you think about SoT, the more you begin to hate Tairy. Don't worry, you've been slowly poisoned by his crimes against philosophy and fiction... it takes a while to detox. ;) Until then, welcome to our home. :)

Another thing: Jagang's decision not to rape Kahlan was so James Bond villian. "Hmm no. I shall make your death painful and enjoyable to watch rather than making it a hell of a lot easier for myself." Ridiculous.

I've been on these threads longer than respectabull has.
Who does you think you is to question my AUTHORitah?
Anyway, I don't think Gratch+Richard would be bestiality, since their intellegences seem to be similiar.

Archived