Most deep/meaningful line?

The Alchemist

“What is honor compared to a woman's love? What is duty against the feel of a newborn son in your arms . . . or the memory of a brother's smile? Wind and words. Wind and words. We are only human, and the gods have fashioned us for love. That is our great glory, and our great tragedy.”

“What is honor compared to a woman's love? What is duty against the feel of a newborn son in your arms . . . or the memory of a brother's smile? Wind and words. Wind and words. We are only human, and the gods have fashioned us for love. That is our great glory, and our great tragedy.”

Such a wise and thought provoking statement. This is why Aemon was such a great character and will be sorely missed.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Some romantic ones...

Jaime to Brienne:

"I am grateful, but... you were well away. Why come back?"

A dozen quips came to mind, each crueler than the one before, but Jaime only shrugged. "I dreamed of you," he said.

Sandor to Sansa:

"I could keep you safe," he rasped. "They're all afraid of me. No one would hurt you again, or I'd kill them."

Daario to Dany:

"You boasted that you'd had a hundred women."

"A hundred?" Daario chuckled through his purple beard. "I lied, sweet queen. It was a thousand. But never once a dragon."

Ygritte to Jon:

"Jon Snow," she said, very softly. It sounded as though the arrow had found a lung. "Is this a proper castle now? Not just a tower?"

"It is." Jon took her hand.

"Good," she whispered. "I wanted t' see one proper castle, before... before I..."

Dany to Drogo:

"Remember, my sun-and-stars. Remember, and come back to me."

• 1 month later...

Finally Jamie Lannister on Jamie Lannister

And me, that boy i was…when did he die, I wonder? When i donned the white cloak? When i opened Aerys’s throat? That boy had wanted to be Ser Arthur Dayne, but someplace along the way he had become the Smiling Knight instead

For me these lines are the motto of those characters.

That line speaks so much to Jaime as a character. Quite possibly my favorite line in the entire series.

This. Really shows that Maester Aemon was probably the most intelligent man in Westeros, and not just because he was taught well at the Citadel.

Archived