Mafia Mini 49.5

House Clegane

[quote name='Masonity' post='1304746' date='Apr 7 2008, 15.45']2 "go to night"s might work. That way we end up with three nights worth of investigations, with 3 players, and 1 chance to lynch.[/quote]

We'd end up with 3 nights worth of investigations if we lynched both nights too...except we'd have the chance of ending the game early.

[quote name='Mexal' post='1304750' date='Apr 7 2008, 21.46']We'd end up with 3 nights worth of investigations if we lynched both nights too...except we'd have the chance of ending the game early.[/quote]

We do? If we lynch, then NK, we're down to 3 players. That's end game. We get two nights of investigations.

[quote name='Masonity' post='1304732' date='Apr 7 2008, 15.37']There's no way i can be guilty. I tried to look for one too...

If i was a killer, i lied. That means the paranoid found someone guilty, of course, but no-one else did.

The only way everyone but the paranoid gets an innocent result is if the insane investigates the guilty party. No-one investigated me. Therefore, if i was guilty (and thus lied about my result), and i wasn't investigated, we were due 3 guiltys.[/quote]

doesn't that apply equally to me? Since you and I were the only guilty verdicts and they were mirrored on Mexal and WJ?

[quote name='LCOTNW' post='1304753' date='Apr 7 2008, 21.47']doesn't that apply equally to me? Since you and I were the only guilty verdicts and they were mirrored on Mexal and WJ?[/quote]

No, Mexal investigated you and found you innocent. He could be the insane...

edit: Full list:

You: Lies about guilty.
Me: Paranoid.
Mexal: insane.
the other two? One real investigating an innocent, one naive.

[quote name='Mexal' post='1304750' date='Apr 7 2008, 16.46']We'd end up with 3 nights worth of investigations if we lynched both nights too...except we'd have the chance of ending the game early.[/quote]
How? We either go to night twice (3 investigations) and endgame is day 3.

or

We lynch today, investigate tonight (2 investigations) and endgame is tomorrow, day 2.

[quote name='Whiskeyjack' post='1304764' date='Apr 7 2008, 16.51']Just a heads up, I'm working through everything on my own, in between doing real work.

I agree that Masonity is CI.[/quote]
Ah keeping everything to yourself, that's not suspicious...;)

[quote name='Weekapaug' post='1304757' date='Apr 7 2008, 15.49']How? We either go to night twice (3 investigations) and endgame is day 3.

or

We lynch today, investigate tonight (2 investigations) and endgame is tomorrow, day 2.[/quote]

Well, if we lynch today, at least we have solid evidence. Either the game ends, or we have one known innocent to compare to the lists.

I don't know. I need to think about it.

[quote name='Weekapaug' post='1304771' date='Apr 7 2008, 15.54']Ah keeping everything to yourself, that's not suspicious...;)[/quote]

Last time I played this game, I laid everything out in the thread. Piper used my posts as a roadmap to how to bring the game to a 50/50 decision at the end (the best he could hope for). I'm not making that mistake again.

[quote name='Whiskeyjack' post='1304785' date='Apr 7 2008, 16.59']Last time I played this game, I laid everything out in the thread. Piper used my posts as a roadmap to how to bring the game to a 50/50 decision at the end (the best he could hope for). I'm not making that mistake again.[/quote]
But you said sharing is caring! Maybe I should have kept things a little closer to the chest as well, :(.

[quote name='LCOTNW' post='1304783' date='Apr 7 2008, 21.58']Okay, I worked out how Masonity is CI.

Since I am innocent (from my POV), the potential FM are Week, WJ, and Mexal

Can Masonity eliminate anyone from his POV?[/quote]

Remember, my POV only eliminates me from the suspect list, something you can all already do.

Unfortuantely, by being the CI, it's impossible for me to comment on anyone else's guilt. If my innocence makes anyone else CI, then we'd have spotted it by now.

edit: That said, I guess i'll have a look at what scenarios could make who CI...

If we did decide to lynch someone today, it would make sense to lynch me, correct?

We know that masonity is CI, and likely paranoid. So I either am the true finder and WJ is guilty, or the insane finder, and the guilty person is either Week or Mexal. Or the FM, obviously, in which case the lynch would end the game.

With the game continuing after my lynch, you would be down to 3 players. One of Week and mexal would survive to the last 3 players, and the innocent among those two would vote with the other survivor to kill the FM.

Does that make sense?

Alright, sorry everyone but I have to leave for a few hours because I have a softball game. Once I am back I will be on for awhile.

[quote name='Weekapaug' post='1304789' date='Apr 7 2008, 16.01']But you said sharing is caring! Maybe I should have kept things a little closer to the chest as well, :(.[/quote]

I only meant for investigations! :P

We might have to go through scenarios, as you've been doing. Depends on whether or not we are going to lynch today.

To me, its balancing the desire for more information (if we don't lynch, we get 4 'investigations' tonight, if we do lynch we only get 3) against the desire for 2 shots at lynching the FM.

just continuing on from my last post.

from my POV, one of WJ, Week, Mexal is guilty, so those three would survive to the endgame.

Can the two innocents among them use their night 2 investigation to identify the killer?

Archived