AGOT Mafia 50 - The Chef Battle

House Targaryen

Looks like the soup course is mine:

Cock-A-Leekie Soup

The national soup of Scotland, this is a great winter soup, but quite light. The recipe here is based on a traditional one.
Ingredients

* 1 boiling chicken
* 2 litres water
* 6 chopped leeks
* 1 chopped onion
* 2 tablespoons rice
* 2 teaspoons salt
* Pepper to taste
* 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
* Secret spices
Instructions

1. Place the chicken in a large saucepan with the cold water and salt.
2. Bring slowly to the simmer, skimming any fat or scum that appears on the surface. Simmer for one hour.
3. Add the leeks, onions, spices and rice and simmer for another 30 minutes or so until the chicken is tender.
4. Strip the meat from the bones
5. Skim off any remaining fat. Add the parsley and season as required.

Looks like all the chefs are here. I can finally begin working on my culinary masterwork: a 2 in square piece of wild kraken, lightly seared and speared with 2 spigs of sage. The piece is then drizzled with an light butter glaze infused with essence of hazelnut. The meal is presented on a hand-carved weirwood serving platter surrounded by pinenuts and juniper. Eat your hearts out, suckers.

[quote name='House Grandison' post='1312253' date='Apr 13 2008, 12.27']Looks like the soup course is mine:[/quote]

I don't like people who follow popular in-game 'trends'. Could be an attempt to blend in with the crowd. Plumm and Fell posted recipes earlier. And now you're doing the same. [b]Grandison[/b]

[quote name='House Thorne' post='1312254' date='Apr 13 2008, 12.30']Looks like all the chefs are here. I can finally begin working on my culinary masterwork: a 2 in square piece of wild kraken, lightly seared and speared with 2 spigs of sage. The piece is then drizzled with an light butter glaze infused with essence of hazelnut. The meal is presented on a hand-carved weirwood serving platter surrounded by pinenuts and juniper. Eat your hearts out, suckers.[/quote]

wow :drool: and I was just going for the only cock pun recipe I knew.

[quote name='House Stokeworth' post='1312257' date='Apr 13 2008, 12.32']I don't like people who follow popular in-game 'trends'. Could be an attempt to blend in with the crowd. Plumm and Fell posted recipes earlier. And now you're doing the same. [b]Grandison[/b][/quote]

I don't like sheep unless they are well marinated. [b] Stokeworth[/b]

[quote name='House Thorne' post='1312254' date='Apr 13 2008, 12.30']Looks like all the chefs are here. I can finally begin working on my culinary masterwork: a 2 in square piece of wild kraken, lightly seared and speared with 2 spigs of sage. The piece is then drizzled with an light butter glaze infused with essence of hazelnut. The meal is presented on a hand-carved weirwood serving platter surrounded by pinenuts and juniper. Eat your hearts out, suckers.[/quote]

*adds Thorne to the list of followers*

[quote name='House Grandison' post='1312259' date='Apr 13 2008, 12.35']I don't like sheep unless they are well marinated. [b] Stokeworth[/b][/quote]

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DOGOjHTKq7o"]If you like animals, you'll love lamb.[/url]

[quote name='House Thorne' post='1312266' date='Apr 13 2008, 12.40']What's the matter Stokeworth? Didn't bring any recipes just the poison? :cheers:[/quote]

I have recipes, but I'm not sharing them with the likes of you. Seems as if you have all forgotten that this is a competition. :rolleyes:

[quote name='House Erenford' post='1312246' date='Apr 13 2008, 13.22']Sorry I'm late to the party, and since when are late people always guilty?[/quote]

In the approximately 34 minutes that have passed since I thought of it, it is a rule that has served me without fail.

[quote name='House Tollett' post='1312274' date='Apr 13 2008, 13.50']In the approximately 34 minutes that have passed since I thought of it, it is a rule that has served me without fail.[/quote]

Well I can't fault your reasoning I suppose since truly it hasn't failed you yet.

[quote name='House Stokeworth' post='1312261' date='Apr 13 2008, 12.36']One little vote make you nervous?[/quote]

no, but like I good cooks, I like to share the joys of the work...I didn't want you to feel left out.

I do know this great lamb recipe with gingered apples :drool:

[quote name='House Stokeworth' post='1312291' date='Apr 13 2008, 13.03']Did you just admit to being evil?[/quote]

I suppose I could've italicized yet or something to emphasize it more. Basically I was jut trying to say: 'well gee I guess I can't really say much of anything now can I since that sentence is true. I'm just going to say that it's going to fail you.'

Archived