AGOT Mafia 50 - The Chef Battle

House Targaryen

[quote name='House Florent' post='1312405' date='Apr 13 2008, 15.19']As i cross-posted with you...

I thought it was 5 votes with 7 to lynch. It may have been 4, may have been 5, but either way, i thought i was close. Close enough for an accidental lynch.[/quote]

That could be true. Or you may have realized that you overreacted to a bit of pressure, and now you're trying to backtrack.

[quote name='House Smallwood' post='1312421' date='Apr 13 2008, 19.25']Plus if you (or anyone) were to 'accidentally' get lynched I think it'd tell us a lot about who to look at next.[/quote]

Okay I'll give you that much I guess.

Also, something to think about. If i was a killer, I'd know exactly how many votes lynched at all times. I'd also have a partner or two holding my hand. Added to that, I'd have a symp out there to do the "back off, that's too many"ing for me.

Would a killer really have mis-remembered how close to a lynch they were and panic-asked for joke votes to back off?

[quote name='House Merryweather' post='1312417' date='Apr 13 2008, 12.23']Well I haven't. Every single time a joke lynch gets anywhere near a lynch, someone calls it out and people drop the votes. I have never seen someone get 9 joke votes and be lynched on day 1. If you have, you must have played with some really bad players.[/quote]

Wait a minute, you said 'have you ever seen anyone get accidentally lynched' not 'have you ever seen anyone get lynched through a series of joke/RP votes'. Admittedly I was responding to the former; There is a difference there :P

[quote name='House Florent' post='1312418' date='Apr 13 2008, 14.23']1) So you never make a mistake and mis-calculate what's going on? Even when not fully paying attention?[/quote]
No. Particularly if it was early Day 1.
[quote name='House Florent' post='1312418' date='Apr 13 2008, 14.23']2) No, I haven't seen an accidental lynch, or a lynch this early before. However, I don't want it to be known as "Being Florented" in the future, so would prefer to keep it that way.[/quote]
Well, if you get lynched later today maybe you'll have the dubious honor of "pulling a Florent".
[quote name='House Florent' post='1312418' date='Apr 13 2008, 14.23']Even if I was the baddie, wouldn't it be best to be slightly closer to night before lynch trains get too large?[/quote]
There wasn't a large lynch train. There were 4 joke votes. Even if it was 5 and 7 were needed to lynch, I think it is absurd to think TWO more people would stupidly throw on their votes. Considering what the situation actually was, this was certainly a huge overreaction.

[quote name='House Florent' post='1312418' date='Apr 13 2008, 15.23']Even if I was the baddie, wouldn't it be best to be slightly closer to night before lynch trains get too large?[/quote]

Why? Getting somebody up to 4 or 5 votes, to create pressure on them and see how they react (and how other people react), is a perfectly valid strategy, regardless of the time of day.

[quote name='House Stokeworth' post='1312433' date='Apr 13 2008, 19.31']Why? Getting somebody up to 4 or 5 votes, to create pressure on them and see how they react (and how other people react), is a perfectly valid strategy, regardless of the time of day.[/quote]

Isn't the pressure usually a result of the case and it's support though, not just votes on paper?

Pressure from joke votes is bad pressure, as it doesn't reveal guilt or innocence, merely who has a tough nerve.

[quote name='House Florent' post='1312426' date='Apr 13 2008, 14.27']Also, something to think about. If i was a killer, I'd know exactly how many votes lynched at all times. I'd also have a partner or two holding my hand. Added to that, I'd have a symp out there to do the "back off, that's too many"ing for me.[/quote]
*Thinks about it* So that was all supposed to happen in the short span of time that the votes piled and you freaked?
[quote name='House Florent' post='1312426' date='Apr 13 2008, 14.27']Would a killer really have mis-remembered how close to a lynch they were and panic-asked for joke votes to back off?[/quote]
This makes me suspect you more to be perfectly honest. My vote isn't on you now, but I am strongly considering changing that.

Look like my suspect pool has just been narrowed down to Stokeworth, Smallwood, Fell, Merryweather and Tollett. But which of these botchers is convinced of what he is saying, and which one did just find an excellent opportunity to knot the rope for an innocent?

[b]Tollett[/b], am I already voting for you?

[quote name='House Fell' post='1312435' date='Apr 13 2008, 19.34']*Thinks about it* So that was all supposed to happen in the short span of time that the votes piled and you freaked?

This makes me suspect you more to be perfectly honest. My vote isn't on you now, but I am strongly considering changing that.[/quote]

Last I recall it is on me, no? o.O

[quote name='House Wythers' post='1312437' date='Apr 13 2008, 14.34']Look like my suspect pool has just been narrowed down to Stokeworth, Smallwood, Fell, Merryweather and Tollett. But which of these botchers is convinced of what he is saying, and which one did just find an excellent opportunity to knot the rope for an innocent?

[b]Tollett[/b], am I already voting for you?[/quote]

You can be vote #3 on me if you'd like. I don't mind.

[quote name='House Florent' post='1312434' date='Apr 13 2008, 14.34']Isn't the pressure usually a result of the case and it's support though, not just votes on paper?

Pressure from joke votes is bad pressure, as it doesn't reveal guilt or innocence, merely who has a tough nerve.[/quote]
Pressure can come from a number of different ways. Clearly you felt the heat.

It is bad pressure? I don't think there is anything wrong with it at all. We certainly get to see how you behave under pressure and see what everyone on, and off, the "train" are thinking. You are really just digging yourself a bigger and bigger hole in my opinion. My vote was on you before, I misremembered after a few changes early on, but now it isn't on you as a joke anymore.

[quote name='House Wythers' post='1312437' date='Apr 13 2008, 14.34']Look like my suspect pool has just been narrowed down to Stokeworth, Smallwood, Fell, Merryweather and Tollett. But which of these botchers is convinced of what he is saying, and which one did just find an excellent opportunity to knot the rope for an innocent?

[b]Tollett[/b], am I already voting for you?[/quote]
This pool of people are of interest to me as well, however what makes you certain that Florent is innocent?

[quote name='House Florent' post='1312454' date='Apr 13 2008, 14.42']It's exactly what you were suggesting.[/quote]

I was also making a play on the fact that Thorne and Fell put votes on me because I was "scared" of them. But shush, lets not spoil the joke.

[quote name='House Florent' post='1312434' date='Apr 13 2008, 15.34']Isn't the pressure usually a result of the case and it's support though, not just votes on paper?

Pressure from joke votes is bad pressure, as it doesn't reveal guilt or innocence, merely who has a tough nerve.[/quote]

There's no such thing as bad pressure, in my opinion.

[quote name='House Fell' post='1312449' date='Apr 13 2008, 15.39']This pool of people are of interest to me as well, however what makes you certain that Florent is innocent?[/quote]

Florent's style of posting is begging for a lynch. I bet I'm not the only one who had this impression already even before the attack on him started. If he's an FM, he's a touch too careless, don't you think?

I also think that FM more often use a good opportunity to hop on a mob (or to fuel the heat) than they panic after 3 or 4 votes.

[quote name='House Wythers' post='1312437' date='Apr 13 2008, 15.34']Look like my suspect pool has just been narrowed down to Stokeworth, Smallwood, Fell, Merryweather and Tollett. But which of these botchers is convinced of what he is saying, and which one did just find an excellent opportunity to knot the rope for an innocent?[/quote]

Would love to hear your reasoning for that, Wythers.

Is it that you oppose putting a little bit of pressure on somebody? You oppose following up on that pressure, to see what kind of information it can yield?

Or do you think that people are attacking an 'easy target'? If so, what makes you think of Florent as 'easy'? He seems like a fairly competent player to me. That's one of the reasons why I like the pressure on him. He's not somebody bumbling around, making a fool of himself. Up until the point where he panicked a bit, he was a calm, somewhat humorous player.

Or something else?

I always find it interesting when somebody is opposed to provocation during the very stage of the game in which provocation is most important and oftentimes most effective.

[quote name='House Stokeworth' post='1312463' date='Apr 13 2008, 19.50']Would love to hear your reasoning for that, Wythers.

Is it that you oppose putting a little bit of pressure on somebody? You oppose following up on that pressure, to see what kind of information it can yield?

Or do you think that people are attacking an 'easy target'? If so, what makes you think of Florent as 'easy'? He seems like a fairly competent player to me. That's one of the reasons why I like the pressure on him. He's not somebody bumbling around, making a fool of himself. Up until the point where he panicked a bit, he was a calm, somewhat humorous player.

Or something else?

I always find it interesting when somebody is opposed to provocation during the very stage of the game in which provocation is most important and oftentimes most effective.[/quote]

Cross posted with the post above maybe? Bit of a gap, but we're not all 120WPM typists...

However, i do resent the "somewhat" humorous part! :P

Archived