AGOT Mafia 50 - The Chef Battle

House Targaryen

[quote name='House Stokeworth' post='1319510' date='Apr 18 2008, 13.18']Except that I did look at your voting patterns and behavior.[/quote]Perhaps. Possible. Now, can you you even say whom I voted without rereading the thread?
As for the rest, it's going in circles. You don't believe me, ok, I don't need your belief anyway. I need a belief from other players left.

[quote name='House Connington' post='1319528' date='Apr 18 2008, 14.29']Well, he wasn't too distracted to agree that Thorne was suspicious or to say that he didn't like Erenford's case on Tollett without prompting.[/quote]

Yeah, that is true.

"I hope you have some nice eggs for my breakfast!" declares the Spider, announcing his presence in the kitchen entirely too early in the morning. The sun hasn't even risen yet. People groggily blink and hold a hand over their eyes.

"Er, Ser, there's only one egg in this entire castle. You've gotten hungry so early the chickens haven't laid them yet," remarks Katran.

"Egg, then. You will prepare me one egg."

The nine remaining cooks look dubious. "One egg...among nine of us, Ser?"

"The royal chefs have always been able to deal with changing circumstances. Now, I am hungry. Where is my egg?"

And so begins the preparation of nine extremely miniature omelets.

The finished products each fit into a spoon easily, and involve a range of ingredients from vegetables to salted fish.

Connington presents her particularly omelet with a flourish. "Omelettettette with crab and three cheeses! Delicious and naturally low in cholesterol." Well, at this size, how can it have much?

The Spider takes a bite. "That is scrumptuous! The best omelet I have had all morning! You may stay!"

Connington preens. The other chefs glare enviously as the judges depart, with the lady Katran grumbling something about "out of touch."

Connington sneaks back to her pan, where a small amount of omelet remains. Set aside judiciously, and all for her. She takes the only bite, and soon finds herself clutching her throat and gasping for air.

[b]Connington (VSM) is dead. It is now day. You have 36 hours.[/b]

It is day 4.

8 players remain: Corbray, Dayne, Florent, Grandison, Merryweather, Pommingham, Stokeworth, Thorne.

5 votes are needed for a conviction or 4 to go to night.

8 players have not voted: Corbray, Dayne, Florent, Grandison, Merryweather, Pommingham, Stokeworth, Thorne.

Right, so all my major suspects are gone now, and we haven't won.

I'm pretty damn annoyed at Wythers being modkilled. Why couldn't he just hold on for the night where he was pretty much assured the NK anyway?If you're upset, fine, but why ruin the game for everyone?

Thorne is NaK and I think I was all but CIed? I don't think Stokeworth is a FM, unless he was promotable, in which case he'll have just taken on the mantle tonight perhaps?
Still possible FMs:
Corbray, Dayne, Grandison, Merryweather, Pommingham, Stokeworth (as promoted)

Of those, when I was thinking where to turn next, Grandison and Pommingham stuck out like sore thumbs in my mind. Oddly enough, this makes me think perhaps they aren't the first place to look. Corbray, Dayne and Merryweather are players I think I'd like a closer look at.

I doubt i can manage to get three re-reads and analysis in, so perhaps if anyone else suspects any of them, speak up now and claim the re-read before I start? :-p

[quote name='House Florent' post='1319780' date='Apr 18 2008, 16.07']Of those, when I was thinking where to turn next, Grandison and Pommingham stuck out like sore thumbs in my mind. Oddly enough, this makes me think perhaps they aren't the first place to look. Corbray, Dayne and Merryweather are players I think I'd like a closer look at.[/quote]

Can you please explain your reasoning for both? Why you don't believe Grandison/Pommingham are FM and why you think it's more likely that Me, Corbray or Dayne are?

[quote name='House Merryweather' post='1319783' date='Apr 18 2008, 22.10']Can you please explain your reasoning for both? Why you don't believe Grandison/Pommingham are FM and why you think it's more likely that Me, Corbray or Dayne are?[/quote]

Simple. FMs tend to blend in. The fact is when i sat down and wondered who could be the FM, their names were on the tip of my tongue. They were too easy. too obvious.

Stokeworth could only be FM if he's promotable symp, therefore very hard to catch out. We've also seen arguments for or against him being FM, and I'm personally keeping him as PI for now. Certainly NaK.

Therefore, you three are what's left. The potential killers who haven't hit my radar. The potential killers I couldn't spend 5 minutes looking to pull together a case on.

I'm not saying I will vote for one of you three over the other two today (I won't lynch the sheep today though) but I'd rather look at the three of you first.

We have over a day to make up our minds. For the start of the day, I'm happier looking at you three. The other two seem easy enough to make a last minute case on if we need to after all.

[quote name='House Florent' post='1319788' date='Apr 18 2008, 16.15']We have over a day to make up our minds. For the start of the day, I'm happier looking at you three. The other two seem easy enough to make a last minute case on if we need to after all.[/quote]

Fair enough. I was just curious what your logic was. I actually happen to agree with it to an extent.

I'm not sure that Grandison/Pommingham aren't a FM. I've seen the "easy choice" be a FM too many times. A prime example is last game in which I thought Fell was the easy choice all game. She avoided getting lynched and won the game. So I don't think we should look past them.

However, I do think we need to look at Dayne and Corbray more. Dayne because of his sheeping tendancy to Stokeworth as well as the lack of connections to Smallwood and Corbray because everyone thinks he's innocent. I haven't reread him so I will. It'll have to wait til I get home from work but we got time.

[quote name='House Merryweather' post='1319797' date='Apr 18 2008, 22.20']Fair enough. I was just curious what your logic was. I actually happen to agree with it to an extent.

I'm not sure that Grandison/Pommingham aren't a FM. I've seen the "easy choice" be a FM too many times. A prime example is last game in which I thought Fell was the easy choice all game. She avoided getting lynched and won the game. So I don't think we should look past them.

However, I do think we need to look at Dayne and Corbray more. Dayne because of his sheeping tendancy to Stokeworth as well as the lack of connections to Smallwood and Corbray because everyone thinks he's innocent. I haven't reread him so I will. It'll have to wait til I get home from work but we got time.[/quote]

So you've claimed dibs on Corbray?

Cool. Down to two for me. :P

Someone want to grab another? ;)

[quote name='House Florent' post='1319801' date='Apr 18 2008, 16.23']So you've claimed dibs on Corbray?

Cool. Down to two for me. :P

Someone want to grab another? ;)[/quote]

Yes, I'll reread Cobray when I get home from work.

[quote name='House Grandison' post='1319812' date='Apr 18 2008, 22.31']just checking in. I finally have internet access, but I am going out drinking. I'll catch up later if I'm not too drunk.[/quote]

Have fun...

I look forward to your post tonight where you build a cast iron case on Plumm. :P

[quote name='House Florent' post='1319814' date='Apr 18 2008, 17.38']Have fun...

I look forward to your post tonight where you build a cast iron case on Plumm. :P[/quote]

Plum;s shiould only have one M,. any one who spells it with two Mms must love chocolate, err I me be guilty. Plums turn into prumes and are icky. guilty guilty fuilty. :P

yeah, I am going tosleep0

I'm back again. I should be able to contribute a lot more today.

8 of us left. The most evil players we can have left is three, so today is really our last [i]definite[/i] shot at controlling the lynch. With that in mind, I'd be happiest if we took our time today. Incidentally, anyone want to claim a role?

Anyway Corbray needs looking at as a matter of urgency, so that's where I'll start. A reread of Pommingham is probably important as well.

Just checking in, but I'm dead tired and doubt I can do much right now. Looks like a lot of us have busy weekends planned. I'm no exception. I should be able to check in briefly tomorrow morning, but after that I'll be out for a long time (baseball game and then dinner). Hopefully will be able to get caught up and commit more time to the game tomorrow night.

I'd like to re-read people, but I doubt I'll have time to do anything of value until tomorrow night (20+ hours from now). As of right now, Pommingham is still my top suspect. Nothing has really changed there.

Incidentally, fuck these promotable roles. Especially the Apprentice FM. I'll be disappointed if that's included considering some of the mods we have this time around. Kid symp isn't a real lot better though.

[u]Corbray:[/u]

Looking at Corbray's comments about Smallwood first:

Corbray has three posts that deal with Smallwood. The first is a joking response to Smallwood's comments about unreadable paragraphs and can probably be discounted as significant.

The next occurs after Connington's case on Smallwood. Corbray is kind of [url="http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php?s=&showtopic=27658&view=findpost&p=1315862"]neutral[/url] on Smallwood here. Essentially after a few hundred words explaining all the suspicious things Smallwood has done in a response to Connington's case with no substantial disagreements about the quality of play, Corbray follows up with:[quote name='House Corbray' post='1315862' date='Apr 15 2008, 21.42']Okay, now I went back and re-read Connington's case on Smallwood, and I understand it better. Smallwood's overall performance has not been good. I am not entirely sure if I am ready to call it evil, though. I think I could potentially join a lynch of Smallwood.[/quote]Essentially tries to wave away the majority of the case on Smallwood as incompetence rather than evil. (These things are not mutually exclusive. :P)

[quote name='House Corbray' post='1316833' date='Apr 16 2008, 14.34']No counter claim from me.

I am not going to be able to come back before the end of the day.

I'm glad we can set aside the Wythers/Florent thing for the time being.

[b]Smallwood[/b][/quote]Corbray is one of the players who lynched Smallwood prior to everyone checking in. (Knew there wouldn't be a counterclaim perhaps?) Obviously we know know it was the right decision, however, common sense dictates you wait to get as many reactions as possible before lynching a player in that sort of situation.

Nothing here points away from a partnership with Smallwood. Next I'll look at the rest of their posts to see what else there is.

[quote name='House Dayne' post='1320217' date='Apr 18 2008, 23.32']<snip>
Corbray follows up with:Essentially tries to wave away the majority of the case on Smallwood as incompetence rather than evil. (These things are not mutually exclusive. :P )[/quote]

My hesitation was based on meta game stuff which I would not include in a case against him. It's in the spoiler thread, and I don't expect anyone to take me at my word. Incidentally, I was incorrect in my alt-guess, which makes it all the more retarded that I allowed it to color my view of Smallwood.

[quote name='House Dayne' post='1320217' date='Apr 18 2008, 23.32']Corbray is one of the players who lynched Smallwood prior to everyone checking in. (Knew there wouldn't be a counterclaim perhaps?) Obviously we know know it was the right decision, however, common sense dictates you wait to get as many reactions as possible before lynching a player in that sort of situation.

Nothing here points away from a partnership with Smallwood. Next I'll look at the rest of their posts to see what else there is.[/quote]

My vote on Smallwood was based on the fact that I did find him to be suspicious, my unverifiable alt-guess was the main thing holding me back, and I believed the Plumm reveal considering the remaining players that had not checked in to verify they would not counterclaim. I was also under RL time crunch there, and I did not want to leave the vote off with at least two very suspicious players as part of the people I would rely on to place the final lynch votes.

I don't have a problem with Dayne posting a case on me, but I do want to point out that he has a bit of a conflict of interest here. No one had remotely suspected Dayne or put any pressure on him until I posted my suspicions and then all of a sudden, Dayne starts to worry about me. Then I post my Stokeworth/Dayne case, and all of a sudden Dayne is on my case. Pretty convenient if you ask me. All I want from the rest of the players is to take a look at my posts independently, don't let a case made by my top suspect be your guidance on judging me.

I'll be around for a short while now to review some of what has gone on, and answer any questions posed. I am renewing my vote on [b]Dayne[/b] today.

[quote name='House Corbray' post='1320292' date='Apr 19 2008, 02.02']I don't have a problem with Dayne posting a case on me, but I do want to point out that he has a bit of a conflict of interest here. No one had remotely suspected Dayne or put any pressure on him until I posted my suspicions and then all of a sudden, Dayne starts to worry about me. Then I post my Stokeworth/Dayne case, and all of a sudden Dayne is on my case. Pretty convenient if you ask me. All I want from the rest of the players is to take a look at my posts independently, don't let a case made by my top suspect be your guidance on judging me.[/quote]All of a sudden? :lol: It's been [i]two days[/i] since you posted your case, it's hardly an instant rise in suspicion.

I think Connington was a beautiful NK choice. He was one of the few players left besides Tollett who had generally been willing to PI me. By the way, Wythers basically PI'd me before his modkill as well. Most everyone else was willing to put me on a lynch list starting yesterday (and iirc, only after Dayne first mentioned it after I posted that I would be making a case against him).

In any event, I think that Connie was NK'd because he may have stumbled across some information in this post:

[quote name='House Connington' post='1319135' date='Apr 18 2008, 09.55']I'm about to head out, but before I do, here's why I'm ruling out/bumping down various partnerships (Note-I left Corbray out of these because I don't think he is suspicious, and I hope that won't come back to haunt me).

[color="#ff0000"]Smallwood, Tollett, Dayne (Stokeworth can be symp)- I see nothing to point away from this grouping. As I mentioned above, Dayne's failure to comment on the Smallwood case is very suspicious. I don't think he had a lot to say on the cases on Tollett either, but I'd have to check that.
[/color]
Smallwood, Tollett, Grandison (Stokeworth cannot be symp) - I've left this in for the sake of argument. Note-Stokeworth was attacking Grandison day 1. It was early in the day, but I don't think he would have done that as a symp, because it would increase the danger of him being NK'ed early. This is the only significant exchange I see between them: [url="http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php?s=&showtopic=27658&view=findpost&p=1315099"]#578[/url], [url="http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php?s=&showtopic=27658&view=findpost&p=1315268"]#621[/url], [url="http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php?s=&showtopic=27658&view=findpost&p=1315282"]#622[/url]. It's not fully conclusive, but Tollett's sounds genuinely frustrated with Grandison. I don't think this is a very likely grouping.

[s]Smallwood, Tollett, Erenford (Stokeworth cannot be symp)-This one is out. Tollett and Erenford attacked each other consistently for 2 days.
[/s]
Smallwood, Tollett, Pommingham (Stokeworth can be symp)- This one is also plausible, although interactions like [url="http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php?s=&showtopic=27658&view=findpost&p=1316608"]this one[/url] actually make me think this is less likely. A small thing, but I wouldn't expect partners to think to say that on thread.

[color="#ff0000"][b]Smallwood, Dayne, Grandison (Stokeworth cannot be symp)- Possible, although again, little things like this exchange make this one slightly less likely to my mind: [/b][/color][url="http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php?s=&showtopic=27658&view=findpost&p=1314796"][color="#ff0000"][b]#510[/b][/color][/url][color="#ff0000"][b], [/b][/color][url="http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php?s=&showtopic=27658&view=findpost&p=1314801"][color="#ff0000"][b]#512[/b][/color][/url][color="#ff0000"]. [/color]

[s]Smallwood, Dayne, Erenford (Stokeworth cannot be symp)-Dayne voted Erenford at the end of day 1. This one's out.
[/s]
[color="#ff0000"][b]Smallwood, Dayne, Pommingham (Stokeworth can be symp)-Dayne voted for Pommingham day 1, possibly distancing, but I think this is less likely given that neither of them distanced themselves at all from Smallwood.
[/b][/color]
[s]Smallwood, Grandison, Erenford (Stokeworth cannot be symp)-possible, although if it's true, then we can afford some mistakes.
[/s]
Smallwood, Grandison, Pommingham (Stokeworth cannot be symp)-Pommingham started out yesterday with vote on Grandison, and this day 2 spat looks legit [url="http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php?s=&showtopic=27658&view=findpost&p=1314709"]http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php?s=&am...t&p=1314709[/url], [url="http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php?s=&showtopic=27658&view=findpost&p=1314815"]#517[/url], [url="http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php?s=&showtopic=27658&view=findpost&p=1314829"]#520[/url]

[s]Smallwood, Erenford, Pommingham (Stokeworth cannot be symp)-This one is also possible.
[/s][/quote]

I struck out combos that included Erenford since I don't think we should consider him evil for purposes of the rest of the game, although it could be true. I highlighted combos with Dayne based on my view that he is the most likely evil player in my view. The rest of the combos may be possible, but I had fairly low suspicion of Tollett. I was planning to re-read him today.

The two combos in red & in bold are the ones I think are most likely.

Archived