AGOT Mafia Game 51

House Targaryen

[quote name='House Vyrwel' post='1341979' date='May 4 2008, 20.31']I don't want this to drag out, but I still want to hear from Halo and Bracken. I'd like to see how they stand since it looks unlikely that we are going to agree on a lynch candidate :rolleyes:

Plus Garner left her vote on Mullendore which doesn't help at all. Thanks.[/quote]
Well, as far as I see it, it's going to be Garner or Mullendore (you don't need to worry about today's lynch anyhow, you'll be dead by then :P), and since Garner can't vote herself, it's got to be Malc.

I have to go in about two hours, but I agree that you should wait to hear from Grandy and Bracken too. However, I'd put my vote anywhere to guarantee a lynch, but I'm going to miss pretty much the last seven hours of the day, so I can't really do much but hope my vote lands where you all will need it to be.

[quote name='House Garner' post='1341927' date='May 4 2008, 17.58']Nice calculation..unfortunately it only works if you and Don are innocent.

In the best case, we get 1 innocent and 2 baddies dead, in the worst, 3 innocents.
At the beginning of the game, we can allow trading innocents for baddies 3/1, but it's getting towards endgame and numbers matter.
imho, the best way to get the highest number of baddies would be if 2 out of Swyft, Don, Bracken and Coldwater die today.
The FM can have me tonight, I'm too burned out, confused and tired to think straight anyway. :sick:

Anybody else have the nagging suspicion that Halo is evil and sitting somewhere laughing his arse off? Yeah, I'm paranoid, why do you ask?[/quote]

Well, if she takes me out, then yes, the worst case scenario happens. She takes out an innocent who revives himself. That's an absolutely brilliant move.

[quote name='House Vyrwel' post='1341929' date='May 4 2008, 18.05']My issue is that this is a crucial day.

I'm going out today taking someone with me. You lynch, then someone gets killed tonight. That's down 4, not 3 as you are saying. That means that there are only 4 alive tomorrow. Pretty scary, huh?

I feel that I need to do what I think is right to win the game, and I think unDon or Swyft is a killer. I feel that Garner or Malc are more likely to be symps. I know, symps are evil too, but they are not murdering evil.

I'd also kind of like to know what Swyft and Bracken's roles are. I know you've both said you don't want to reveal yet, but I think it's time we get all our cards on the table.[/quote]

You are absolutely right. This is a crucial day. What you're overlooking is the fact that one of Aly/Malc is evil. Therefore, if you leave them alive and we are down to 4 people tomorrow, THEY WILL WIN! Don't you see? I swear to god, I feel like I'm preaching to the most stubborn person alive. I don't understand how you can look past the logic of killing an evil player who could potentially have a voting block after tonight. It makes no sense that you are so focused on fucking us over.

This is beyond frustrating.

[quote name='House Dondarrion' post='1341987' date='May 4 2008, 20.42']You are absolutely right. This is a crucial day. What you're overlooking is the fact that one of Aly/Malc is evil. Therefore, if you leave them alive and we are down to 4 people tomorrow, THEY WILL WIN! Don't you see? I swear to god, I feel like I'm preaching to the most stubborn person alive. I don't understand how you can look past logic of killing an evil player who could potentially have a voting block after tonight. It makes no sense that you are so focused on fucking us over.

This is beyond frustrating.[/quote]
:agree:

[quote name='House Dondarrion' post='1341991' date='May 4 2008, 20.47'][b]Grandison[/b]

That is my last vote change. I need 3 more posts after this before I can vote for real.[/quote]
Am I allowed to make all three of those posts?

[quote name='House Swyft' post='1341826' date='May 4 2008, 15.16']As said, I'd take out Bracken for being a big, blank unknown, but that's just me. I don't really advocate an UnMex ninja unless you're really deadset on either me or him (in which case, I say him).[/quote]

I am getting a little irritated at your continuing to take shots at me without giving any objective reasons. This "he is a blank slate" argument is very annoying because it happens in every game. I have posted re-reads, I have voted every day, I have responded to discussion and posed my own questions. I pursue the players that I think are objectively suspicious and I state [i]exactly[/i] why I think the way I do. I hide nothing of my thought process, whatever that may be worth.

How could I possibly be more of a blank slate to you than Coldwater?

[quote name='House Bracken' post='1342001' date='May 4 2008, 21.05']I am getting a little irritated at your continuing to take shots at me without giving any objective reasons. This "he is a blank slate" argument is very annoying because it happens in every game. I have posted re-reads, I have voted every day, I have responded to discussion and posed my own questions. I pursue the players that I think are objectively suspicious and I state [i]exactly[/i] why I think the way I do. I hide nothing of my thought process, whatever that may be worth.

How could I possibly be more of a blank slate to you than Coldwater?[/quote]
I do not play objectively, so deal with it. You post rereads. They are accurate, but anyone can post an accurate reread. Do you post cases? No. You do post what you're thinking. You reflect on them in clear and concise paragraphs. Do you attack people? Rarely. Do you defend people? Even rarer. You have posed questions, but you do not pursue. You have responded to discussion, but shit, even Coldwater can do that. Quite frankly, while you put all your cards on the table (most cards, anyway), you do not [i]interact[/i]. What I need at this point in the game, where we have many possible dead FMs, and at least one surviving FM, is [i]connections[/i]. Short of your thoughts, which I do appreciate, you don't actually [i]interact[/i] with anybody.

I'm not sure if I've explained that particularly well, but that's the gist of it.

I will not comment on Coldwater since I am still pissed off at him.

I will say, in regards to Coldwater, that I find it funny that so many people find him innocent now because he immediately hammered Week when he declared bulletproof when just that same day, he was almost lynched.

But hey, I guess if you don't say anything, you can't really be all that suspicious right?

[quote name='House Dondarrion' post='1342009' date='May 4 2008, 21.16']I will say, in regards to Coldwater, that I find it funny that so many people find him innocent now because he immediately hammered Week when he declared bulletproof when just that same day, he was almost lynched.

But hey, I guess if you don't say anything, you can't really be all that suspicious right?[/quote]
I'd lynch Coldwater. It just wouldn't be a rational decision on my part, so I'm not thinking about it right now.

[quote name='House Swyft' post='1342012' date='May 4 2008, 21.20']I'd lynch Coldwater. It just wouldn't be a rational decision on my part, so I'm not thinking about it right now.[/quote]

I wouldn't simply because it's not the right move for today. But still, I find it funny that we're all ignoring him because he did something stupid (at least we see it as stupid however if he was a FM, it'd be pretty smart considering the potential for the lynch to turn to him after Week claimed BP) and now isn't saying a word.

[quote name='House Vyrwel' post='1341979' date='May 4 2008, 19.31']I don't want this to drag out, but I still want to hear from Halo and Bracken. I'd like to see how they stand since it looks unlikely that we are going to agree on a lynch candidate :rolleyes:

Plus Garner left her vote on Mullendore which doesn't help at all. Thanks.[/quote]

My thoughts are that between Dondarrian/Swyft you should ninja Swyft. I don't know who I would choose between Garner/Mullendore. Personally, I would ninja Swyft because she is the least lynchable of the 4. There is a good chance that we are going to lynch one of Garner/Mullendore today, and lynch the other one tomorrow. I would like to do those lynches in a world where Swyft was not voting. I, obviously, do not suspect Dondarrian, so you have to factor that into your decision since you do have some suspicions of him.

If you ninja Dondarrian/Mullendore/Garner, I would want to lynch Swyft, but would probably follow the lynch of Mullendore/Garner if no one else would join a Sywft lynch.

If you ninja Swyft, I would follow the lynch of Mullendore or Garner.

[quote name='House Bracken' post='1342019' date='May 4 2008, 20.26']My thoughts are that between Dondarrian/Swyft you should ninja Swyft. I don't know who I would choose between Garner/Mullendore. Personally, I would ninja Swyft because she is the least lynchable of the 4. There is a good chance that we are going to lynch one of Garner/Mullendore today, and lynch the other one tomorrow. I would like to do those lynches in a world where Swyft was not voting. I, obviously, do not suspect Dondarrian, so you have to factor that into your decision since you do have some suspicions of him.

If you ninja Dondarrian/Mullendore/Garner, I would want to lynch Swyft, but would probably follow the lynch of Mullendore/Garner if no one else would join a Sywft lynch.

If you ninja Swyft, I would follow the lynch of Mullendore or Garner.[/quote]

No one reads a thing I say.

I give up.

Just ninja me and end my misery please.

[b]Garner[/b]

The bottom line is that one of those two is guilty and I don't know which one. I didn't like Aly's lack of using her results to fuel her other investigations nor do I like the idea that she has three investigations. So I'll vote for her. The smart move would be to lynch her and ninja Mullendore but I don't see that happening so whatever. If we lose after tonight because the FM have a voting block, don't come bitching to me.

I'd like to say more, but I'm conscious of the fact that I usually say/do the wrong thing, because I'm not that clued up on Mafia, I've just picked up as I've gone along. Even though this is, I think, my 6th game (previous: 1 mini no alts, 4 with alts), I've only done well in 1 (first one), been early lynched twice, and did disasterously bad in my 2nd game with a major faux pas.

The best thing I could do would be to study past games, a few different ones, and work out how to play better. I intend to do this as I want to play future games with better understanding. I guess it could look as I'm lazy for not reading up.

As it is, I come to conclusions which may be right, but probably for illogical reasons.

I'm not trying to use being crap as a defence all the time - if you think you have good reason to lynch me, lynch me. In this game, though, I do happen to be innocent.

[quote name='House Coldwater' post='1342028' date='May 4 2008, 20.36']I'd like to say more, but I'm conscious of the fact that I usually say/do the wrong thing, because I'm not that clued up on Mafia, I've just picked up as I've gone along. Even though this is, I think, my 6th game (previous: 1 mini no alts, 4 with alts), I've only done well in 1 (first one), been early lynched twice, and did disasterously bad in my 2nd game with a major faux pas.

The best thing I could do would be to study past games, a few different ones, and work out how to play better. I intend to do this as I want to play future games with better understanding. I guess it could look as I'm lazy for not reading up.

As it is, I come to conclusions which may be right, but probably for illogical reasons.

I'm not trying to use being crap as a defence all the time - if you think you have good reason to lynch me, lynch me. In this game, though, I do happen to be innocent.[/quote]

TGTBT, the only problem I see in your playstyle is that you seem to be afraid to say anything. Maybe you got jumped on when you made your faux pas? If that's the case, you should not let that intimidate you from posting. We are much better off if we have something more solid to judge you by in each game, even if you aren't helping in identification of the evil players, you are helping us eliminate [i]you[/i] from the evil players, which *is* helpful. At some point, you are going to be assigned an evil role, and I would expect your partners to advise you to keep doing what you have been doing because you seem to be surviving. I would ignore your lynching in the kingsguard game as that was largely based on things that happened in the threads on Soph's board rather than on anything you actually did (beyond not posting much).

[quote name='House Swyft' post='1342020' date='May 4 2008, 20.28']This is news.[/quote]

Why?

Garner and Mullendore are obvious lynch candidates becuase of the opposing finder results. Dondarrian does not seem to be trusted by very many, and his inability to be NK'd seems to make people nervous.

Some people have talked you up as a lynch target, but few have followed through. Someone else always seems to look better. If I were a ninja, and I could narrow it down to 2-3 potentially evil players, I would ninja the least lynchable of the group and rely on the remaining innocents to finish off the other two. It's harder in this case becuase there seems to be at least 4 candidates, and picking the innocent out of this group to be a ninja target could very well leave us at endgame if we subsequently lynch another innocent.

[quote name='House Bracken' post='1342052' date='May 4 2008, 22.09']Some people have talked you up as a lynch target, but few have followed through. Someone else always seems to look better.[/quote]
It's quite different from my perspective. From the way I see it, I've been sitting at the top of everyone's tiers since Day 2 or so. Nervous business, sitting at the top.

Archived