AGOT Mafia Game 51

House Targaryen

If you really believe in Dondarrian's guilt, then go for it. I am willing to discuss Dondarrian, but I need to hear a pretty convincing argument that does not rest on the threat his power is posing. We will most likely lynch Garner today, see what happens overnight, and then I will want to go after either Swyft or Mullendore tomorrow. I hate to move Coldwater down from the top tier, but I'm starting to believe him. Even if you are wrong, it may not be the end of the world. There are acceptable reasons to want to vote for Garner. I am only holding back my vote because I don't want to foment a lynch when there is still discussion on the table.

Yes, the case is largely based on the Royce connection. I couldnt even quote you the details right now, but Kat and I were convinced that swyft or Don were the likeliest partners for Royce - you can look at Kat's posts for a clearer case. If I take out Don, he's just going to come back refreshed in the morning - or maybe he will, I can't take that chance. That's why I really want Dond lynched today.

[quote name='House Vyrwel' post='1342256' date='May 5 2008, 00.54']Yes, the case is largely based on the Royce connection. I couldnt even quote you the details right now, but Kat and I were convinced that swyft or Don were the likeliest partners for Royce - you can look at Kat's posts for a clearer case. If I take out Don, he's just going to come back refreshed in the morning - or maybe he will, I can't take that chance. That's why I really want Dond lynched today.[/quote]

I made a case for Tarbeck - Royce - Swyft, so I can see the Royce-Swyft connection.

i will go back and look at the Royce - Dondarrian connection from Kat's posts.

I strongly doubt that dondarrian would survive a day action to kill him. I mean what kind of role is that? Way too overpowered for a single player.

I'm sorry for not being very contributive guys. I really couldn't help it today as I had last minute obligations with my extended family.

I virtually have no read on what's going on in this game right now so I'm just going to go with my gut on everything from here on out (which probably means the FM will continue to keep me alive :(). [b]Dondarrion[/b]. Swyft or Garner will probably be next.

8 players remain: Bracken, Coldwater, Dondarrion, Garner, Grandison, Mullendore, Swyft, Vyrwel.

5 votes are needed for a conviction or 4 to go to night.

3 votes for Garner ( Mullendore, Dondarrion, Swyft)
2 votes for Dondarrion ( Coldwater, Grandison)
1 vote for Swyft ( Garner)

3 players have not voted: Bracken, Vyrwel.

this seems to be the vote count now?

Grandison: do you really see mexal as guilty? Is it the Royce connection thing? I feel like I am missing something important but no one can articulate it.

[quote name='House Bracken' post='1342277' date='May 5 2008, 01.29']Grandison: do you really see mexal as guilty? Is it the Royce connection thing? I feel like I am missing something important but no one can articulate it.[/quote]

It's just general behaviour, Defense of Royce is part of it yes, but he's also been taking a less than proactive role in the game; As much as I'd rather not make alt based arguments, it just strikes me as very unMexal like.

[quote name='House Grandison' post='1342281' date='May 5 2008, 01.32']It's just general behaviour, Defense of Royce is part of it yes, but he's also been taking a less than proactive role in the game; As much as I'd rather not make alt based arguments, it just strikes me as very unMexal like.[/quote]

Hmm... I gave him the benefit of the doubt with it being his B-day and the weekend and all. Plus, wasn't he pretty quiet in the last game as Connington? He was innocent there. Admittedly, you probably know better.

Ok. My suspects are still Swyft, Dondarrion and Bracken, and all of them managed to distance from Garner well enough. I see I can't solve this game without full reread, so I start doing this. It will require many hours, alas.
Anyway, I don't think Gert needs my opinion. She doesn't trust me, so any suggestion of mine would be heavily WIFOMed, and it isn't what she needs.

It is day 5.

8 players remain: Bracken, Coldwater, Dondarrion, Garner, Grandison, Mullendore, Swyft, Vyrwel.

2 vote for Dondarrion ( Coldwater, Grandison)

2 players have not voted: Bracken, Vyrwel.

3 hours and 53 minutes left in the day.

Vyrwel, I finished a quick re-read of Kat. I'm not sure it's much more clear about Dondarrian. She didn't seem to have him very high on the list, and seemed to have Swyft higher. She also said a few times that we could deal with the possibility of evil Garner the next day (today) as long as we nailed Yarwyck with the first lynch. My re-read of Kat made me feel worse about Garner more than anything.

Did you and Kat discuss and agree on Dondarrian? When she mapped out her view of the game she wanted to lynch Yarwyck, then Swyft, and then Dondarrian. Maybe she didn't want to hint at the Romantic Knight thing. I don't know what to think. The people I feel fairly good about all want to kill each other, and the people I suspect seem to be slipping away.

One of the things that strikes me about Kat's case is that she bases her suspicions on the assumption that Tarbeck is guilty which relies on Dondarrian having told the truth. If Dondarrian is evil it means that the two evil teams likely targeted each other on N2. I considered and discarded this possibility as unlikely. She uses Tarbeck's guilt to try and establish partners. She made a lot of assumptions about the game such as the existence of Symps, the number of evils per team. She also did not see Tarbeck and Royce on the same team because Tarbeck made a case on Hunter and Royce defended Hunter. I tend to think a little too... uh, creatively, in looking for evils, but I don't see why two evil players can't be on opposite sides of a case on a 3rd player, especially that early in the game when things are still loose.

All that being said, I feel a little shaken that you, Kat, and Halo all suspected mexal. I will be around for awhile yet.

Yeah, Kat and I agreed on our hit list and we feel (felt) very strongly about it. The fact that unDon may or not not be unkillable is crappy.

Yeah, there are a lot of variables. We talked it through and I was the paranoid one and Kat was more confident so between us we covered a lot of ground. Not saying we are infallible, 'cause we so aren't.

But if Kat, Halo and I - hell, even Mullendore are gunning for the same people, isn't it worth thinking about? We can't all be on the same side, not all 4 of us.

I will be up for a small bit more, but only a small bit.

[quote name='House Vyrwel' post='1342326' date='May 5 2008, 02.45']Forgot to add that we have to lynch unDon out of him and Swyft because of the resurrection factor.

And she was [u]lying about Garner[/u]. We just really wanted the Yarwyck lynch to go through.[/quote]

Now that I believe. Seriously.

Okay, I might have a compromise solution that will work.

Mullendore is still around, and some others might come back before the deadline.

I want to lynch Swyft, but that is obviously not going to happen tonight.

You want to get rid of both Swyft and Dondarrian, but you are afraid that the ninja won't kill dondarrian.

I get the feeling that if you had to choose only one player to get rid of, it would be Dondarrian?

So, the compromise is that we vote off Dondarrian, but you ninja Swyft first. The results are the same as if we had lynched Swyft and you had ninja'd Dondarrian.

I'm not real happy about this because I think that you, dondarrian, and probably Halo will be dead tomorrow, and I will be left to sort out Garner, Mullendore, and Coldwater. Talk about a crapshoot.

I really really want Dondarrion out.

And it is now confession time. I am not actually a ninja. Kat and I made it up as a last ditch effort to pull support behind a Don lynch. I was hoping that I could get Don a vote away and then swiftly put the killing vote on. Yeah, I said we felt pretty strongly about it.

We were also hoping for some reactions, maybe a role reveal or two so we had more info to work with, but that didn't happen either. Yay us. :rolleyes:

So yeah, [b]Dondarrion[/b] If you vote that way, and hopefully Mal or Aly will and we can get this through, cause I don't think it's possible to get a Garner lynch at this time.

You should have either Halo or I around tomorrow to bounce things off.

Sorry I lied. I am desperate cause I fully expect to die tonight and will have no more influence on the game.

Just to sum up ...

[quote name='House Blackfyre' post='1342294' date='May 4 2008, 22.54']It is day 5.

2 vote for Dondarrion ( Coldwater, Grandison)

2 players have not voted: Bracken, Vyrwel.[/quote]
(my vote hasn't been factored in yet)

For a Garner lynch to go through, 2 of Coldwater, Grandison, Bracken, Vyrwel and Garner would have to vote her.

Scratch Garner obviously, and scratch me.

That leaves Coldwater (who is out for the day), Grandison (who is probably safely in bed) and Bracken. I don't think it could happen in the time left.

We could however get a Dondarrion lynch through. We just need 2 of Bracken, Mullendore or Garner. That is possible, and even probable given the suspect lists of Aly and Malc. (and given Malc's supect list, he is in bad company on the Garner lynch - just sayin.)

[quote name='House Vyrwel' post='1342335' date='May 5 2008, 03.03']I really really want Dondarrion out.

And it is now confession time. I am not actually a ninja. Kat and I made it up as a last ditch effort to pull support behind a Don lynch. I was hoping that I could get Don a vote away and then swiftly put the killing vote on. Yeah, I said we felt pretty strongly about it.

We were also hoping for some reactions, maybe a role reveal or two so we had more info to work with, but that didn't happen either. Yay us. :rolleyes:

So yeah, [b]Dondarrion[/b] If you vote that way, and hopefully Mal or Aly will and we can get this through, cause I don't think it's possible to get a Garner lynch at this time.

You should have either Halo or I around tomorrow to bounce things off.

Sorry I lied. I am desperate cause I fully expect to die tonight and will have no more influence on the game.[/quote]

oh, FFS!!!!!

Now you've pretty much forced me to vote for Dondarrian unless Halo magically wants to switch, or coldwater unexpectedly shows up. If I vote Garner now we are going to end up with a no lynch.

Just awesome.

I am going to think hard about where a no-lynch puts us.

Archived