AGOT Mafia Game 51

House Targaryen

Aly said she'd be back before the day ended, but I probably won't be. Before I head to bed I'll probably place my vote on you if you don't reveal. At the very least tell me why you won't reveal without both of us being around.

I don't understand why you're unwilling to reveal your role given this is very likely endgame. Mullendore and Coldwater (presuming a partnership) can't vote you out without the help of one of me or Aly. Right now you're reminding me of WJ/Fossoway in an early, early game where he was evil, claimed finder, and waited to reveal his investigations. The hesitance was sort of the tip off for a lot of people if I recall correctly.

Stop pushing me. It's dinnertime where I live.

I think Malc is guilty. I've made my case. I am the Zealous Knight. (unlimited guard role). I am among WhiskyJack Blackfyre's most loyal knights and so he has charged me with a secret mission. Each night, I am to choose one other knight to observe. If he wakes, I am to wake up with him. If he leaves camp to piss, I am to accompany him. I am not to allow him out of my sight until he returns to rest. In this way, I may foil any treacherous plans. My fierce devotion to duty gives me the stamina to endure the forced march during the day while being able to forego a full nights rest.

I have the unlimited ability to prevent a night action by any single player. I *must* perform this action every night.

My guard actions in this game:

N1 - Guard Sarsfield - based on Kat's intiuition
N2 - Guard Hunter - based on my own suspicions
N3 - Guard Grandison - i wanted to limit the impact of the immunity on the game
N4 - Guard Grandison - same
N5 - Guard Swyft - I believed she was guilty

I want to lynch Mullendore and guard Coldwater. If there is no NK and the game is not over tomorrow, then we lynch Coldwater.

[quote name='House Bracken' post='1343543' date='May 5 2008, 20.47']Stop pushing me. It's dinnertime where I live.

I think Malc is guilty. I've made my case. I am the Zealous Knight. (unlimited guard role). I am among WhiskyJack Blackfyre's most loyal knights and so he has charged me with a secret mission. Each night, I am to choose one other knight to observe. If he wakes, I am to wake up with him. If he leaves camp to piss, I am to accompany him. I am not to allow him out of my sight until he returns to rest. In this way, I may foil any treacherous plans. My fierce devotion to duty gives me the stamina to endure the forced march during the day while being able to forego a full nights rest.

I have the unlimited ability to prevent a night action by any single player. I *must* perform this action every night.

My guard actions in this game:

N1 - Guard Sarsfield - based on Kat's intiuition
N2 - Guard Hunter - based on my own suspicions
N3 - Guard Grandison - i wanted to limit the impact of the immunity on the game
N4 - Guard Grandison - same
N5 - Guard Swyft - I believed she was guilty

I want to lynch Mullendore and guard Coldwater. If there is no NK and the game is not over tomorrow, then we lynch Coldwater.[/quote]

Interesting that you guard me on both the nights that the person I targeted was the night kill therefore making it impossible to verify your claim.

I also don't see why you were so hesitant to reveal this roie until now.

I'm heading off thread for a while but I'll be back before I turn in for the night. I'll give it some thought while I'm away.

[quote name='House Grandison' post='1343563' date='May 5 2008, 21.00']Interesting that you guard me on both the nights that the person I targeted was the night kill therefore making it impossible to verify your claim.[/quote]
I know, but when it happened the first time, I thought it was a good thing. You were targeting people likely to be NK's and I kind of thought that you might be thinking the same thing, that you didn't want immunity to influence the game. Besides, the people you were protecting didn't need immunity anyway. Lany was never going to be lynched in a million years. I figured that the safest way for me to not screw up healer or a finder was to guard your actions which didn't seem to be necessary to prevent the lynches of the people you were protecting. In hindsight, Kat may have benefited from it, but I really doubt that we would have lynched her.

[quote name='House Grandison' post='1343563' date='May 5 2008, 21.00']I also don't see why you were so hesitant to reveal this roie until now.

I'm heading off thread for a while but I'll be back before I turn in for the night. I'll give it some thought while I'm away.[/quote]

I thought about revealing several times, but there was so much talk early in the game about the stupidity of people revealing when they shouldn't. Especially when they still had charges to use. I know people were bothered by a guard action on N1, but I had no choice in the matter. When there were no NKs I freaked, because I should not have been able to stop an FM team from killing, only a SK, I think.

I know my guard actions are not verifiable, but there is really no way that I am going to be able to verify it with *anyone* unless they experienced a guard action and are still alive to confirm it. The best I can say is that Sarsfield confirmed that a guard action occurred, and no one claimed to be responsible. Hardly solid proof of anything, but it was unlikely that I would have been able to prove it anyway.

I did try to drop some hints in the thread as we went along, but they were pretty subtle. Mainly, I was begging for help with what to do with my role, but there was at least one time where I used the word Zealous because I think I have seen the phrase Zealous Knight used in one of the previous games and I thought someone might recognize it as standard language.

[quote name=' 1742']...I pursued them like a zealous inquisitioner...[/quote]

When Kat laid out her plan, I thought that it could work if I could say that Yarwyck did not get a reading on Sarsfield when I guarded him. I was thinking that my night action actually prevented Sarsfield from acting, therefore Yarwyck should have had no action result when he looked at Sarsfield. WJ wouldn't clarify that for me, but he said that when I guarded someone, the person "tried to act" but I prevented them. That suggested to me that I could not prove Yarwyck was lying about Sarsfield since he may have observed Sarsfield "trying to act". I just wasn't sure how my role worked when it interacted with other roles like that.

There is not a lot to go on in here as far as proof does, but it is the best I have. I hope that this, combined with my behavior in the game is proof enough. If not, there is nothing more that I think of to do.

Bracken, I don't want to reply anything particular in your case. I just call it BS. Random collection of facts torn from context. You could accuse [i]anybody[/i] because of such connections.
If I was partnered with Royce and Yarwyck, then who was the other evil team? Tarbeck and?.. Do you believe we had 6 killers among 18 players?
And why I ended Yarwyck, when I had perfect reasons to stall that lynch?

[quote name='House Mullendore' post='1343598' date='May 5 2008, 21.29']Bracken, I don't want to reply anything particular in your case. I just call it BS. Random collection of facts torn from context. You could accuse [i]anybody[/i] because of such connections.
If I was partnered with Royce and Yarwyck, then who was the other evil team? Tarbeck and?.. Do you believe we had 6 killers among 18 players?
And why I ended Yarwyck, when I had perfect reasons to stall that lynch?[/quote]

It's in the case. Kat suspected you of Symping, she, and others felt your behavior was abnormal to when you are innocent, and the Royce and Yarwyck lynches were pretty much going to happen whether you liked it or not.

To be honest, I don't know exactly how many killers we had, but of the people remaining, you fit the profile of an evil player better than anyone else. Royce, Yarwyck, Tarbeck, Swyft were all likely FM, in my view. You are another, and I think we probably already got the other, but if it's Coldwater, there is still a majority to end him as well.

[quote name='House Bracken' post='1343615' date='May 5 2008, 21.40']Kat suspected you of Symping,[/quote]
Everybody and their dog suspected me of symping. And now you come from nowhere and say I am not a symp but a killer? How it is logical?
[quote]and the Royce and Yarwyck lynches were pretty much going to happen whether you liked it or not.[/quote]Royce, yes. But Yarwyck lynch couldn't happen without my vote. At the end of day, everybody else was either asleep or voted Yarwyck already.

[quote name='House Mullendore' post='1343637' date='May 5 2008, 21.56']Everybody and their dog suspected me of symping. And now you come from nowhere and say I am not a symp but a killer? How it is logical?
Royce, yes. But Yarwyck lynch couldn't happen without my vote. At the end of day, everybody else was either asleep or voted Yarwyck already.[/quote]

that may be true, about Yarwyck, but Kat and Gert and Garner were not going to let that go. It was a finder result for crying out loud. Garner is just going to shrug her shoulders and give up? With Kat worrying about you, and you preventing the lynch on Yarwyck, who do you think they would have to go after next? Hmm????

[quote name='House Bracken' post='1343661' date='May 5 2008, 22.11']that may be true, about Yarwyck, but Kat and Gert and Garner were not going to let that go. It was a finder result for crying out loud. Garner is just going to shrug her shoulders and give up? With Kat worrying about you, and you preventing the lynch on Yarwyck, who do you think they would have to go after next? Hmm????[/quote]But we would win additional day and would kill additional innocent!

At the end of that day, there were 5 votes on Yarwyck and 4 on Garner. After killing Kat, it would be a tie. We would need to convince only one player to lynch Garner over Yarwyck. And you think I gave up such good possibilities for virtually no gain? Gah.

Archived