AGOT Mafia Game 51

House Targaryen

[quote name='Weekapaug' post='1344302' date='May 6 2008, 09.39']LC really played a fantastic game and really seems to be only getting better as a player. I have to disagree that I'm a force to be reckoned with, especially in comparison to the two of them. I don't feel like I've had a really good game (well played by me that is) in awhile :(.[/quote]
Oh shut up. You were solid here as an FM, and you're usually great. :P

[quote name='Weekapaug' post='1344302' date='May 6 2008, 10.39']LC really played a fantastic game and really seems to be only getting better as a player. I have to disagree that I'm a force to be reckoned with, especially in comparison to the two of them. I don't feel like I've had a really good game (well played by me that is) in awhile :( .[/quote]

I'd actually say I have more difficulty spotting you as evil than I do Mex or WJ, hence why I was hesitant to vote for you this game. WJ gets aggressive and tries to gerrymander the facts when he's guilty and Mex becomes a little more evasive than normal (I think); You on the other hand don't usually have as definite a 'tell' -- at least not one I've been able to detect yet.

:blush:

Undeserved praise.

I made a contribution to the win, as did FM, but Malcolm deserves more of the credit. He saw all the angles and knew instinctively when the balance was shifting in the game. I probably would have blown the game for the innocents in the end if we hadn't had certain advantages. We also had a *lot* of lucky breaks with the finders and so forth.

Actually, this game made me feel a bit like I hit a wall in improvement. I pretty much played the same as I always have played, in fact I really just tried to forget that I was evil the first two days. Nevertheless, I seem to be forming a pattern of being deemend innocent in the first half of the game, then registering as possibly guilty in the latter half of the game mainly because no one talks about my stuff. I liked to think that it was because I was being direct and straightforward which everyone recognizes as my honest thoughts on the game, which is exactly what they are.

However, I think Shadowbaby's in-game comment about not engaging with other players more is a great critique. I think that is why I keep showing up as evil on her radar and the other intuitive type players like Kat and Halo, and others. My cases/re-reads still need work and they will continue to be my biggest alt reveal for awhile. Many things to work on.

I feel like I may have made the transition from Padawan to Jedi Knight, but I am no master.

Thanks for the praise, though I still disagree :P. At the very least you can agree with me that I've been horrendous in picking out *other* evil people. :lol:

[quote name='hALo BEndeR' post='1344295' date='May 6 2008, 21.36']Mal, also well played. I felt there was something off about you before your reveal as finder, but on the last day I was leaning towards believing you and Aly both had the role.[/quote]Well... today I checked the board just before going to work and found your vote on Bracken to be last. Then I leaved.
40 minutes of walking were possibly worst in my internet life. I assumed Bracken will be lynched and tried to figure whom to kill: you, Garner, Coldwater, nobody at all? I almost decided to kill you, because I rememebered Coldwater not to trust Garner.
Then I came and there were three Bracken's PMs on both boards saying about your new vote and asking to support. What a relief!

[quote name='TheMalcolm' post='1344565' date='May 6 2008, 12.54']Well... today I checked the board just before going to work and found your vote on Bracken to be last. Then I leaved.
40 minutes of walking were possibly worst in my internet life. I assumed Bracken will be lynched and tried to figure whom to kill: you, Garner, Coldwater, nobody at all? I almost decided to kill you, because I rememebered Coldwater not to trust Garner.
Then I came and there were three Bracken's PMs on both boards saying about your new vote and asking to support. What a relief![/quote]

Yeah, I flipped out when Halo changed votes. I Posted PMs on both boards and scoured the list of IMs looking for Malc, but alas, no way to reach him except telepathy. So I did what I could.

[quote name='Whiskeyjack' post='1344344' date='May 6 2008, 08.06']I do that when I'm innocent too.[/quote]

It's actually true, what Halo and Shadowbaby say...unfortunately it's so hard to get you lynched that it doesn't make much of a difference. :P

:agree:

LC, you've become a reasonable and logical player, you just need to be more confrontional. Yeah, I realize you've almost fucked up your first game that way, but now you're more experienced you should be able to pull it off. There isn't a wall, just bigger and bigger steps.

Malc, you walk 40 minutes to work? :stunned:

[quote name='Kat' post='1344958' date='May 6 2008, 16.59']It's actually true, what Halo and Shadowbaby say...unfortunately it's so hard to get you lynched that it doesn't make much of a difference. :P[/quote]

It's actually not, in general.

I've played plenty of games in which I was reasonable, helpful, relatively non-aggressive, and evil. The first CF game comes to mind. The real FM game as well. Even the Kingmaker game, IIRC.

I've also played a bunch of games where I was super-aggressive and innocent. One recent example is Game 48 (the LOST game) - I started off innocent and was very aggressive. Another one was the mini-game a while back, when I had a huge battle with Pless and AE. Another is the Holiday Massacre, Game 47.5. There are a ton of other examples out there.

I've been aggressive the last few times I was FM, and when I was a symp in Game 50. Those are the most recent examples of me being evil, so they stick in everyone's memory. But really, I've just been setting you all up to think that way.

Or have I?

:devil:

[quote name='Ser Spider' post='1344971' date='May 6 2008, 17.16']:agree:[/quote]

No offense, Spider, but you haven't been around long enough to have any sort of valid opinion on this.

I'm finding it hilarious that people think they can meta-game me. Given that you barely ever catch me, and I barely ever lose....yeah, sorry, don't believe you guys very much.

[quote name='Whiskeyjack' post='1344982' date='May 6 2008, 17.25']I'm finding it hilarious that people think they can meta-game me. Given that you barely ever catch me, and I barely ever lose....yeah, sorry, don't believe you guys very much.[/quote]
We do catch you every now and then. We just end up losing anyway. ...Which says an awful lot about us, really.

[quote name='Weekapaug' post='1344493' date='May 6 2008, 13.05']Thanks for the praise, though I still disagree :P. At the very least you can agree with me that I've been horrendous in picking out *other* evil people. :lol:[/quote]
well you were the cause of the only Targ death all game, so you pegged me all right. That counts.

Dude.

I'm not saying this to make me feel better.

I'll catch you on IM later, but if you're willing to hear me out, I'll try tell you the differences between your evil and non-evil behavior--or how I perceive them. I mean, I wouldn't want you to whine about being caught due to metagame reasoning later on, so this is for your benefit, not mine. :P

[quote name='Kat' post='1344999' date='May 6 2008, 17.37']Dude.

I'm not saying this to make me feel better.

I'll catch you on IM later, but if you're willing to hear me out, I'll try tell you the differences between your evil and non-evil behavior--or how I perceive them. I mean, I wouldn't want you to whine about being caught due to metagame reasoning later on, so this is for your benefit, not mine. :P[/quote]

Kat, I know you like to think you can metagame me. But past history shows otherwise.

[quote name='Faceless Man' post='1344998' date='May 6 2008, 18.36']well you were the cause of the only Targ death all game, so you pegged me all right. That counts.[/quote]
But I thought you were innocent and wanted to convert you :cry:.

Archived