AGOT Mafia 50.5 Mini

Week

In case people miss the thread I started on the mafia board...I'm looking to start a minigame asap so it can end before the start of WJs game. For now, PM me if you are interested, although I will be getting a mod alt soon enough. I'd like at least 7 to start off and would start late tonight, but likely won't have enough signups until tomorrow. See the next post for more comprehensive rules. The game will not be starting tonight and will, at the earliest, start TUESDAY (tomorrow) at 5PM EST. At the latest, it will start some time on Wednesday.

If you would like to play, still PM me either here or on the mafia board...I won't reveal the mod alt yet as it will ruin the surprise of the setting.

***I have edited the rules and this will be their final state unless there is an unforeseen issue. I'll summarize the changes here in case they are too subtle. I clarified that testing WILL NOT kill an innocent, but WILL kill a cult. There will be 1 cult leader that converts every night and 1 finder for the innocents.***

Ok, here is the deal. The basis of this game is a werewolf game with some modifications (werewolf=cult in this case).
There will be 1 cult and the rest will be innocents. (Possibly subject to change depending on how many players I get).
[b]Mechanics-[/b]
Here are the basic mechanics (subject to change in game if certain conditions are met):
30 hours days and 8 hour nights. Players must post every 24 hours or they will be modkilled. A single “avoiding modkill” post will buy a player 6 extra hours and within that time they must contribute (mod’s discretion (I will be fair)).
[u]Day:[/u]
Once day 1 and then twice a day after that, everyone will vote for one person to be tested. The player tested will either come out INNOCENT and live or CULT and will be killed.
Day 1, the vote will go final after 30 hours. If there isn’t a majority, the test will be done based on weighted averages from the votes. (Ex. WJ has 5 votes and LCOTNW has 3 votes, 5/8 times WJ will be tested and 3/8 times LCOTNW will be tested.) Non-voters will be ignored, there MUST be a test.
Day 2+, the first vote will go final after 15 hours and the second will go final after 30 hours. Same rules of weighted randomization apply.
[u]Night:[/u]
The cult will convert every night.
Everyone must choose an area to search (will be defined with opening scene) to find items. These items will give certain powers or inflict restrictions. If you do not specify, you will search the main sleeping area. Items will be strewn about randomly, including the sleeping area. Searching has no effect on other night actions.

[u]Items:[/u]
Items may have the following powers-
• Silence another player for a period of time
• Force certain posting requirements/restrictions or the ability to force them on others.
[u]Roles:[/u]
The following roles will be used:
Cult:
[i]Cult leader-[/i]
The cult leader is able to convert every night.
[i]Convert-[/i]
The convert was an innocent chosen to join the cult by the cult leader. If the cult leader dies, the oldest convert becomes the cult leader and may choose the next convert. The cult leader and his converts may communicate outside of the thread.

Innocents:
[i]Finder-[/i]
At night, the finder can PM the name of another player and will be told their alignment in the morning (they will know if someone is converted).

This game will be alted with the following rules:
Alt rules will allow for anyone to reveal their alt if they so chose. Revealing someone else's alt or any other breaking of rules will result in mean posting requirements of some sort by the mod and certain death if they are not met.

The following is acceptable to discuss:
-You may discuss the alt of dead player's whose IDs have been revealed
-You may mention personal OOC reasons for absence

The following is unacceptable to discuss:
-Experience level of another player (there are ways of getting around this, i.e. "House Bananahammock seems confused as to how to fit in." or "House Wafflestomper can't seem to get out of their own way or is unable to get a handle on what they think." (This way you are giving the reason why you are seeing noobish behavior, but not picking the player out to be a noob. Does this make sense? PM me if you are in disagreement, these rules are subject to minor change).
-ID of a player behind an alt.
-Anything about past games.

At this point, this is approximately what the game will entail. When I know how many signups I have I will let you all know when the game is starting and finalize/clean up the rules. The setting has not been used before and will, hopefully, be humorous to many of you. Hopefully this game is as entertaining and funny as I foresee it to be :).

Note: The posting requirements/restrictions imposed by the mod as punishment or by items will NOT be unreasonable.

Also, let me know if you'd play if it was just a plain ol' vanilla game but don't want to play this setup. If I can't get enough people for this setup I am fine changing the mechanics (setting will remain the same as I just finished with the alts). Don't worry, it won't hurt my feelings :).

Up to 6 signups so I'd like at least 1 more! Hopefully we can start in the next 3-4 hours if I get the signup soon! I will be finalizing the rules and roles now.

This seems like a good time to reveal the mod alt for this game....

[size=4][url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VptOUWC-Itc"]MEGA MAID![/url][/size]

We just got our 7th signup. I'll allow signups for another 1.5 hours in case anyone else wants to play (more are welcome!). I will start the game at 5PM TODAY!

It is 15 years after the end of the movie Spaceballs. There has been peace for 15 years. Commanderette Zircon took Spaceball 2 to rescue President Skroob, Colonel Sandurz, and Dark Helmet, and they then went right to Ludicrous Speed in the direction of the planet Druidia to settle their differences. Spaceball City did indeed have a shortage of air; it became necessary after just a few years to evacuate all Spaceballs off of the planet. With the help of King Roland, President Skroob managed to move everyone off the planet and they resettled across the galaxy, but mostly on Druidia. The Spaceballs were finished.

Or were they? In the last several months an underground movement began to bring the Spaceballs back to power and finally take control of the delicious, fresh air of Druidia. Nobody knows why or who has started the Alliance of Steadfast Spaceballs (ASS). One thing is for sure though, ASSes are dangerous and influential people.

Today, the ASS seem to still be small in number and are not yet a public fear and Vega is beautiful this time of year. What does this mean you ask? Vacation! Many of the participants of the incident with Spaceball 1 and Druidia are friends now and decided to take a trip to Vega on old warship turned luxury liner Spaceball 2.

The afternoon was progression fantastically. Prince Lone Starr and Princess Vespa were enjoying some time alone, away from the travails of Druidia. Colonel Sandurz, President Skroob, and Dark Helmet all renounced their previous affiliation with the Spaceballs and were arguing over what women look for in men (clearly they go for the big helmet, right?). Yoghurt, as always, was working on his merchandising, teaching Barf about the Schwartz, and searching for his missing ring of Schwartz (he’s Yoghurt, of course the keeper of the Schwartz would be an expert multitasker).

Suddenly, the ship lurched and threw everyone to the ground.

“What the hell was that?” yelled Barf.

Vespa looked out the window, “We haven’t gone to plaid. I don’t know what is going on!”

Colonel Sandurz, Dark Helment, and President Skroob all looked at each other sadly, “Someone made Spaceball 2 change into Mega Maid…there must be an ASS on here!”

Everyone looked at each other. The three former Spaceballs were, of course, the most suspicious at first, but they had not considered themselves Spaceballs in some time. It could be anybody…

All of a sudden, the pleasant voice of Mega Maid cut through the silence, “Hello everyone. I have a way of solving this problem. Today it will only work once, but after today you all can choose to test one of you to see if they are a Spaceball.”

President Skroob looked very concerned, “I don’t know about this beaming stuff. Is it safe?”

“Of course,” Mega Maid replied, “if you are innocent. If you are an ASS, your head will be put on backwards and you will be dealt with accordingly. My transform function can only be accessed in this area so it must be one of you. I’ve locked down the ship and the 7 of you will only be able to access this sleeping area, the command floor, the brain area, and the bathroom.”

“Damn,” Dark Helmet grumbled.

Barf looked around at everyone, then clapped his hands and stood up, “Well, let’s get to it people!”

[i]Remember, Day 1 will end with a test after 30 hours (or sooner if there is a majority). Day 2 and all subsequent days will have a test after 15 hours (or sooner if there is a majority) and will end with a test after 30 hours. If the majority of you do not vote for one player, then the test will be chosen randomly, weighted by the votes that exist.
Each night you will search a room (will not impact night actions) and you may, or may not, find items. If you don’t PM a room, you will search the sleeping area.
The cult will be converting every night.

Also, I will be joined by the lovely Soph as my comod :).[/i]

[b]GO![/b]

[u]Playerlist:[/u]
Lone Starr
Yoghurt
President Skroob
Colonel Sandurz
Princess Vespa
Dark Helmet
Barf

I have neither seen nor heard of this "Spaceballs." I have this itching feeling that I'm not particularly missing out on anything.

Anyhow, I'm going to go read over the rules again and see if I can manage to wrap my head around them this time.

eta: i haz dark helmet?

[quote name='Dark Helmet' post='1325267' date='Apr 22 2008, 16.09']I have neither seen nor heard of this "Spaceballs." I have this itching feeling that I'm not particularly missing out on anything.

Anyhow, I'm going to go read over the rules again and see if I can manage to wrap my head around them this time.

eta: i haz dark helmet?[/quote]
You are missing out on [url="http://imdb.com/title/tt0094012/"]everything![/url] Classic, classic Mel Brooks comedy. I hope there is someone out there that has seen it and appreciates it :(.

PM this account if you have any questions or if you want to be spoiled.

eta- This is the list of areas you may search tonight: sleeping area, the command floor, the brain area, and the bathroom.

C'mon, could you have taken this picture from further away?

Of course Dark Helment is hogging the shot! Pfft!

I'll tell you why this setting is never going to work.

Why? you ask?

Well, all we have to do is simply go watch the movie of this game and see what happens.

Now.... I'll just... put :loud bang: this tape into the.... entertainment... ah, there we go.

Prepare to fast forward!!

[quote name='Dark Helmet' post='1325267' date='Apr 22 2008, 16.09'][u]I have neither seen nor heard of this "Spaceballs." I have this itching feeling that I'm not particularly missing out on anything.[/u]

eta: i haz dark helmet?[/quote]

Alt aside, do we need more proof than this that [b]Dark Helmet[/b] is an evilly evil-doer?

[quote name='Dark Helmet' post='1325302' date='Apr 22 2008, 16.31']Well, it's won that award by default since we can't discuss past games. :P[/quote]

I somehow think that rule was less than perfectly worded! :P

I dare anyone to mention the Swann De*muffle*

[i]Is dragged away by the mods, cloth stuffed into mouth.[/i]

[quote name='Colonel Sandurz' post='1325310' date='Apr 22 2008, 16.35']did that rule change from earlier today? I thought we could discuss past games in the original rules.

Btw, it is going to be a fine line to discuss dead player's alts if we can't discuss past games.[/quote]

I'm not actually sure what the rule was meant to prevent.

Could we get a hint from the mods, so we can make sure we follow it in spirit at least?

Archived