AGOT Mafia 50.5 Mini

Week

The day began with a lot of finger pointed immediately, but that slowed considerably after not too long.

Yoghurt just wanted the testing over with, Skroob was looking to spread around some love, and somewhere in all of that Vespa barfed.

In the late afternoon, Lone Starr looked around and noticed that pretty much everyone was asleep. "Hey! This is no time for a siesta! We have serious business to take care of!"

Nobody even stirred.

"Well, looks like I have to do everything myself!" Lone Starr agreed to test Yoghurt and the majority now had spoken.

Yoghurt was grasped and thrown onto the teleporter. Looking confident he declared, "My head will stay on forwards, this was a waste you knuckleheads."

Not one to ruin last words, Snotty waited for Yoghurt to finish then flipped the switch.

There was an audible gasp from someone in the group.

"He's an ass!" cried Vespa.

"But his head is on forwards..." Dark Helmet said, looking very confused.

Vespa looked exasperated, "No, not an ASS, just an ass!"

"Ah, well that's true."

[b]Yoghurt is INNOCENT[/b]

[b]It is now NIGHT, please send in your PMs (including your choice of area to search (sleeping area, bathroom, command floor, or the brain area of Mega Maid). So everyone has a PM to send :).[/b]

Since you guys know I'm innocent for however long I have until day starts, you can trust this post.

First, no offense, but it was kind of a mistake to test the person who was saying the test was random and urging everyone to just move along. I mean, it was random, but at the same time, I'm confident that I looked more innocent than any of the rest of you.

[quote name='Dark Helmet' post='1326141' date='Apr 23 2008, 06.56']Test again tomorrow then. We have two chances anyway.[/quote]

Second, the above is just wrong. The correct way to approach this game is to narrow down the original wolf, in my opinion. Between tests and a potential finder, we should have a decent shot if we go that route. Not to mention the fact that I may not be converted. Bottom line...the odds of any other person being a wolf tomorrow are going to be higher than the odds of me being a wolf. This is a fact. I'm saying this as your only CI, so you can trust it.

Regarding the Finder...please keep in mind that if you are ever converted, you will lose your value to the innocents. Narrowing down who the original wolf is will be our first task, and any information you can provide will be vital to us. I'm not saying you have to reveal on day 2. I'd personally probably wait until day 3, unless I nailed a wolf on night 1. I'd at least want to reveal 2 investigations. But also, the longer you wait, the more 'stale' your information will be. Meaning...if you reveal on day 3, and you got an innocent on night 1, that player will only be cleared of being the original wolf and the night 1 conversion...he could still be the night 2 conversion though, so he wouldn't be PI at all.

Bottom line....if I was the Finder, I would likely reveal on day 3, unless I got a guilty result on night 1. Just my recommendation though...feel free to ignore me if you want.

[quote name='President Skroob' post='1326017' date='Apr 23 2008, 03.51']Hmmm...

Random, eh?

If we lynched a cultist on day 1, the game would be dull. This can only be compensated by nailing evil WJ on day 1. Since he already has some votes,[b] Yoghurt[/b].

ETA: Spelling.[/quote]

By the way, I don't like this vote. Somewhat suspicious. No logic, I just have a bad gut feeling about it. :P

[quote name='Yoghurt' post='1326217' date='Apr 23 2008, 08.19']By the way, I don't like this vote. Somewhat suspicious. No logic, I just have a bad gut feeling about it. :P[/quote]

I did say his post about love was a clear sign of his being evil :P

[quote name='Yoghurt' post='1326204' date='Apr 23 2008, 14.06']Since you guys know I'm innocent for however long I have until day starts, you can trust this post.

First, no offense, but it was kind of a mistake to test the person who was saying the test was random and urging everyone to just move along. I mean, it was random, but at the same time, I'm confident that I looked more innocent than any of the rest of you.[/quote]

I agree.

Morning dawns and everyone wakes up...

SPOILER: Except for...
those who stayed up all night drinking coffee! Oh, you thought someone died? Didn't you read the rules? Yeah me neither, but yeah nobody dies overnight.

Day 2 has begun.

7 players remain: Barf, Colonel Sandurz, Dark Helmet, Lone Starr, President Skroob, Princess Vespa, Yoghurt.

4 votes are needed for a conviction or to go to night.

7 players have not voted: Barf, Colonel Sandurz, Dark Helmet, Lone Starr, President Skroob, Princess Vespa, Yoghurt.

[quote name='Yoghurt' post='1326204' date='Apr 23 2008, 09.06']Since you guys know I'm innocent for however long I have until day starts, you can trust this post.
First, no offense, but it was kind of a mistake to test the person who was saying the test was random and urging everyone to just move along. I mean, it was random, but at the same time, I'm confident that I looked more innocent than any of the rest of you.
Second, the above is just wrong. The correct way to approach this game is to narrow down the original wolf, in my opinion. Between tests and a potential finder, we should have a decent shot if we go that route. Not to mention the fact that I may not be converted. Bottom line...the odds of any other person being a wolf tomorrow are going to be higher than the odds of me being a wolf. This is a fact. I'm saying this as your only CI, so you can trust it.[/quote]

It could take us 3 days to find the OC, and by that time, we might be already down to half innocents. Besides, if we did get a guilty result from a test on Day 2, how would we know that was the OC and not the convert? Our only choice, under your plan, is to spend 7 investigations to root out the OC, and then go back and try and get the converts. The problems is that with so few players in the game, we might already be at 3 converts and 3 innos by the time we start looking for converts. The bad guys can convert every night. Yes, I realize that we have a finder to use, but if they are the conversion target on N1, or N2, then we are screwed. What if the finder gets converted and then falsely reveals their results? Personally, I would take the finder results better on D2, than on D3.

Please stop saying things like "It should be a random selection" and then later implying we were foolish to have randomly selected you for the test. :rolleyes: Of all players, *you* are going to play just that way when you are evil, so there is no reason to take you at your word, at all.

- LCOTNW

[quote name='Colonel Sandurz' post='1326274' date='Apr 23 2008, 10.00']If the finder investigates a player who is being converted on the same night as the investigation, will the investigation come up guilty? Oh, and here is another sentence. Finally, I have this to say, "This is a 3rd sentence"[/quote]
Correct. You cheeky monkey.

[quote name='Colonel Sandurz' post='1326268' date='Apr 23 2008, 13.57']Please stop saying things like "It should be a random selection" and then later implying we were foolish to have randomly selected you for the test. :rolleyes: Of all players, *you* are going to play just that way when you are evil, so there is no reason to take you at your word, at all.

- LCOTNW[/quote]

We didn't randomly select him. He got selected because he suggested the random selection and because he was WJ. I'm not saying I blame you all that much, just that it wouldn't have been my first choice.

Anyway, I don't know how we're going to nail down the convert, especially after the way the cult game went last time. I like going after the OC because I think it's an easier play.

So, [b]Skroob[/b] as he's my first choice for OC.

[quote name='Princess Vespa' post='1326281' date='Apr 23 2008, 10.02']We didn't randomly select him. He got selected because he suggested the random selection and because he was WJ. I'm not saying I blame you all that much, just that it wouldn't have been my first choice.

Anyway, I don't know how we're going to nail down the convert, especially after the way the cult game went last time. I like going after the OC because I think it's an easier play.

So, [b]Skroob[/b] as he's my first choice for OC.[/quote]

Actually, my vote on him was completely random. I voted before the reveal, and actually we cross posted, so I was basically placing my vote before he had even posted once.

If we follow this strategy, we have to pray that we get some cult members along the way. If the OC is the last person we test, and he has focused his conversions on the people who have already turned up innocent, then we will have lost the game. The surviving converts can continue to convert new cult, so we don't get some cult on the way, it will likely be 3 innos vs. 3 cult by the time we get the OC.

I think a better strategy is to reinvestigate WJ with the 1st test, see if the finder will reveal. Then we will have as many as 3CIs (WJ, finder, finder result). We will know that 2 of the remaining 4 are guilty. Those odds seem better to me.

If we nail a converted WJ, or the finder has identified a guilty player, then we are staying ahead in the game, and keeping the cult from getting a numbers advantage.

[quote name='Colonel Sandurz' post='1326304' date='Apr 23 2008, 15.15']Actually, my vote on him was completely random. I voted before the reveal, and actually we cross posted, so I was basically placing my vote before he had even posted once.

If we follow this strategy, we have to pray that we get some cult members along the way. If the OC is the last person we test, and he has focused his conversions on the people who have already turned up innocent, then we will have lost the game. The surviving converts can continue to convert new cult, so we don't get some cult on the way, it will likely be 3 innos vs. 3 cult by the time we get the OC.

I think a better strategy is to reinvestigate WJ with the 1st test, see if the finder will reveal. Then we will have as many as 3CIs (WJ, finder, finder result). We will know that 2 of the remaining 4 are guilty. Those odds seem better to me.

If we nail a converted WJ, or the finder has identified a guilty player, then we are staying ahead in the game, and keeping the cult from getting a numbers advantage.[/quote]

Do me a favor and explain to me who your second choice of investigation would be. Also explain why. I understand your reasoning for reinvestigating WJ though I don't agree with it simply because I don't think WJ was converted last night.

I don't really think it necesary to re-investigate WJ. It comesdown to trying to second guess the OC, but during the night we clearly stated the intention was to retest him. He would have been the worse choice of victim as he would be a very likely immediate loss.

eta: My second choice is the Colonel

[quote name='Colonel Sandurz' post='1326304' date='Apr 23 2008, 08.15']I think a better strategy is to reinvestigate WJ with the 1st test, see if the finder will reveal. Then we will have as many as 3CIs (WJ, finder, finder result). We will know that 2 of the remaining 4 are guilty. Those odds seem better to me.[/quote]
Actually, I thought about it and I think we should reinvestigate WJ first thing tomorrow rather than today. Today, I think its best if we go after two people that aren't WJ. We'll end the day with two CI and one was-CI-yesterday, and we wouldn't need to out the finder until tomorrow. Once the finder reveals on Day 3, we'd have more information to work with overall, I think.

And for the record, [i]I[/i] didn't want to test WJ. :rolleyes:

[quote name='Dark Helmet' post='1326324' date='Apr 23 2008, 15.27']Actually, I thought about it and I think we should reinvestigate WJ first thing tomorrow rather than today. Today, I think its best if we go after two people that aren't WJ. We'll end the day with two CI and one was-CI-yesterday, and we wouldn't need to out the finder until tomorrow. Once the finder reveals on Day 3, we'd have more information to work with overall, I think.

And for the record, [i]I[/i] didn't want to test WJ. :rolleyes:[/quote]

Ok. I'm glad you didn't want to test WJ. That's something great to have on the record :rolleyes:

What I want to know is who you want to test today. That's the important thing for now. It's nice to know who we're going after tomorrow but that doesn't help us today. So, who's your first choice and why?

Archived