AGOT Mafia 50.5 Mini

Week

I guess this is the point where I remind everybody that I said this during the middle of night 1 -

[quote name='Yoghurt'][quote name='Skroob']
Hmmm...

Random, eh?

If we lynched a cultist on day 1, the game would be dull. This can only be compensated by nailing evil WJ on day 1. Since he already has some votes, Yoghurt.

ETA: Spelling.[/quote]

By the way, I don't like this vote. Somewhat suspicious. No logic, I just have a bad gut feeling about it. :P[/quote]

:D

Of course, that only works if he was the OC. If he was the night 1 convert, then please ignore this blatant attempt to brag. :P

[quote name='Princess Vespa' post='1326642' date='Apr 23 2008, 12.57']Nice poem. It's so true too.

I just remember back when I was converted and I argued the right way to do things. I see you as a logical person and you're arguing logic with another logical person where the odds of doing something greatly decrease with your actions. At the same time, I do think WJ is innocent and can see you trying to get us to waste a test on the most obvious choice.

Besides, your choices for investigation weren't Skroob. If he's the OC (could still be the convert), it would make sense for a converted LC to try to steer away from going after the OC (one that had two votes on them already) and focus more on the convert (with the idea that you couldn't possibly be the convert).

ETA: I'll be back in an hour.[/quote]

Skroob had 3 posts. It's a little low even considering WJ's muzzle. I have to admit that I did not find anything particularly suspicious in them. Out of curiousity, why did you select him for investigation? Was it WJ's point about wanting to nail a guilty WJ on D1 being illogical?

I'll narrow my candidates to Barf or Lone Starr.

Dark Helmet re-read seems helpful/reasonable/logical to me.

I was thinking of running a game where all posts had to be in the form of limmericks or Haikus. .........it would probably have to be a mini.......

[quote name='Yoghurt' post='1326679' date='Apr 23 2008, 18.14']FUCK[/quote]

This is not three sentences. Poetry is required in expiation!

(Er.... whoops I'm a naked maid :blush: )

Gah, i missed the first kill. And to think i was about to state that a werewolf finder would only ever pronounce someone innocent, not guilty. All guilty would do is buy the werewolves another day while lowering the number of players by 1, increasing our odds of finding them. After all, we use investigation 1 on the finder's guilty, then 2 on the finder should he show innocent.

Meanwhile, if the finder is evil and calls someone innocent, we can either trust them (yeah right!) or investigate the "innocent". If he comes back innocent, we don't know if the finder is innocent or a wolf. If it comes back guilty, the finder dies next.

So again, by this logic, the finder will never call his partner innocent. He'll call an innocent innocent. Therefore, we can just investigate the finder every day they point at an innocent and we either hit a wolf or get 2CI's out of one investigation. If the finder calls guilty, we lynch and wait. If it was wrong, then obvious finders die.

Also, have we thought about maybe telling the finder who to investigate? As well as investigating our first choice for "other werewolf" now (during day stage 2), we should throw our second choice suspect at the finder. This makes them unconvertable, and the finder unconvertable, seeing as we'll be investigating him with the first one tomorrow unless he found a guilty.

This way we make two people a night either unconvertable or instantly killed. However we only get one investigation free to use during the day. Fair trade? I think so.

[quote name='Lone Starr' post='1326717' date='Apr 23 2008, 12.28']Barf, I have no idea what you said :P

Systems seem to be going down at work, so if I disappear, I will be back at 5:30pm est[/quote]

The TL:DR version follows:

Post 1: An evil finder would be stupid to do anything but call an innocent innocent.
Post 2: The most efficient plan is to dictate to the finder who to investigate (our second highest suspect) then investigate the finder in the morning once we get his result.

[quote name='Yoghurt' post='1326692' date='Apr 23 2008, 13.19']Check your mod account. :([/quote]

Three sentences! I said threee! And poetry!

*gets overexcited and presses the red button*

:blush:

*thinks frantically*

Um, how can I explain this? Sadly, Yogurt has just died in a freak accident. Er... a giant killer bee came out of the cargo hold where it was being kept for... um... another series, and despite frantically trying to swat it with his killer Vulcan grip it really wasn't designed for small insects and he really would have been better off using insect repellant rather than Force.

Yoghurt (WJ) has been modkilled.

It is day 2.

5 players remain: Barf, Colonel Sandurz, Dark Helmet, Lone Starr, Princess Vespa.

3 votes are needed to test someone.

5 players have not voted: Barf, Colonel Sandurz, Dark Helmet, Lone Starr, Princess Vespa.

Right, so right now, one of the following is evil:

Barf, Colonel Sandurz, Dark Helmet, Lone Starr

So, we should chose one to "lynch" and one to "investigate". Vespa should then announce the result of said investigation immediately, then be investigated unless they point a guilty finger. If they point a guilty finger, we lynch the guilty, and if they survive, lynch Vespa. Rinse and repeat until either we win or Vespa is converted. At that point, we need a new strategy.

[quote name='Barf' post='1326738' date='Apr 23 2008, 13.37']Right, so right now, one of the following is evil:

Barf, Colonel Sandurz, Dark Helmet, Lone Starr

So, we should chose one to "lynch" and one to "investigate". Vespa should then announce the result of said investigation immediately, then be investigated unless they point a guilty finger. If they point a guilty finger, we lynch the guilty, and if they survive, lynch Vespa. Rinse and repeat until either we win or Vespa is converted. At that point, we need a new strategy.[/quote]

argeed. sounds logical (as if I would know :lol: )

[quote name='Barf' post='1326731' date='Apr 23 2008, 13.32']I hope everything's okay with WJ and it's a just "Shit, can't carry on this game" thing and not a "Shit my life's turned to hell, modkill me as i won't be here" thing?[/quote]

my first thought was he was accidently spoiled...I hope that was the case (he is a mod on the next game and I could see a mafia forum slip up)

Hope all is well WJ :grouphug:

[quote name='Lone Starr' post='1326742' date='Apr 23 2008, 12.41']my first thought was he was accidently spoiled...I hope that was the case (he is a mod on the next game and I could see a mafia forum slip up)

Hope all is well WJ :grouphug:[/quote]

Yeah true. Think the cultist pmed him the convert?:P

Aw, come [i]on[/i]. Why does all the interesting stuff happen during calc??? (Hope nothing bad's happened to you, WJ!)

Putting a vote on [b]Barf[/b] because bad vibes die hard. I assume the funny vibes on Mexal must've been because he was roled or something. Who knows. I think Barf's general Vespa strat's our best bet, and really our only rational plan to take tbh. Anyhow, still on class and [size=1]typing very quietly[/size], will be out after an hour-ish.

Well, since the game is still going, I grudgingly must admit the slightest possibility that WJ was innocent.

I am still going to watch his corpse, though.

So we have 1 guilty player to be found among the 5 remaining and an important opportunity to end the game with our next investigation.

I'd vote for Barf, Lone Starr, or DH.

I can sort of see mexal's point about Lany not wanting to vote her partner for distancing, and my sense of DH and Barf is that they have both been reasonable and helpful (though Barf is really turning it on now, could be compensating for partner's death?)

In any event, it seems I am suspicious as well.

I have to take a break for about 10 hours now, and I want to put a vote down before I go.

I can't imagine mexal not being recruited tonight. If he remains unconverted and investigates a cult member, we are going to lynch that player tomorrow for certain because he will report a guilty verdict. It's quite a risk for the finder to remain true.

We can investigate mexal with the first investigation tomorrow and then go from there.

Meanwhile, can we build a consensus on Barf/Lone Statt/DH? Or is it going to be me?

[quote name='Colonel Sandurz' post='1326789' date='Apr 23 2008, 12.58']Well, since the game is still going, I grudgingly must admit the slightest possibility that WJ was innocent.

I am still going to watch his corpse, though.

So we have 1 guilty player to be found among the 5 remaining and an important opportunity to end the game with our next investigation.

I'd vote for Barf, Lone Starr, or DH.

I can sort of see mexal's point about Lany not wanting to vote her partner for distancing, and my sense of DH and Barf is that they have both been reasonable and helpful (though Barf is really turning it on now, could be compensating for partner's death?)

In any event, it seems I am suspicious as well.

I have to take a break for about 10 hours now, and I want to put a vote down before I go.

I can't imagine mexal not being recruited tonight. If he remains unconverted and investigates a cult member, we are going to lynch that player tomorrow for certain because he will report a guilty verdict. It's quite a risk for the finder to remain true.

We can investigate mexal with the first investigation tomorrow and then go from there.

Meanwhile, can we build a consensus on Barf/Lone Statt/DH? Or is it going to be me?[/quote]

We should get a concensus on who mexal will watch too, incase he lives:P

And if anything I sat down and worked it out to compensate for WJs loss. :P

Archived