AGOT Mafia 50.5 Mini

Week

[quote name='Barf' post='1326813' date='Apr 23 2008, 13.08']We should get a concensus on who mexal will watch too, incase he lives:P

And if anything I sat down and worked it out to compensate for WJs loss. :P[/quote]

And if your watching WJ....

You was a 1/6 shot of N1 convert not 1/7. :-p

Ugh, yes Lone Starr that is what happened :(.

Thanks to WJ for bringing up a balancing issue with the tests (aka, I should have done a game type I was more familliar with). If the second test is successful, the day will be prolonged by 8 hours and there will be a 3rd test. It would be extremely difficult for the innocents to win otherwise. Again, sorry for the confusion and modifications to the rules, but hopefully they will make it a better game in the end.

[quote name='Barf' post='1326823' date='Apr 23 2008, 14.13']An innocent wants to maximise chances of killing a guilty... So wouldn't be okay with being picked as then we lose a chance... Right [b]Lone Starr[/b]?[/quote]

and if I object too much, you think I have something to hide.

I am an innocent.

[b]Col. Sanders[/b] is my choice today and Barf for investigation.

[quote name='Yoghurt' post='1326653' date='Apr 23 2008, 17.02']I guess this is the point where I remind everybody that I said this during the middle of night 1 -

By the way, I don't like this vote. Somewhat suspicious. No logic, I just have a bad gut feeling about it. :P

:D

Of course, that only works if he was the OC. If he was the night 1 convert, then please ignore this blatant attempt to brag. :P[/quote]

I actually sent in my investigation before you posted that. Week can attest. So go brag elsewhere.

[quote name='Colonel Sandurz' post='1326686' date='Apr 23 2008, 17.17']Skroob had 3 posts. It's a little low even considering WJ's muzzle. I have to admit that I did not find anything particularly suspicious in them. Out of curiousity, why did you select him for investigation? Was it WJ's point about wanting to nail a guilty WJ on D1 being illogical?[/quote]

I went after Skroob for two reasons.

1. I thought he was probably the original cult. With a random investigation, the chances of investigating one of the talking players is much higher than investigating someone who isn't participating. Therefore, I thought the OC was among some of the none talkers. Skroob fit the bill.

2. The second reason stems from the fact that I tried to out guess the mind of the OC if Skroob wasn't. If I was in his position, I would have converted Skroob mainly based off of the last game and the fact that we're investigating people and not lynching. That means, the chances of investigating the usual suspects is much higher since we're not killing them off than it is to investigate someone who's not in the spotlight. Given that WJ and Piper successfully deduced Halo was going to convert me by narrowing it down, I thought someone might try to go the opposite route and convert someone who they thought would live through the day.

So in the end, I saw two reasons to go after Skroob.

[quote name='Barf' post='1326713' date='Apr 23 2008, 17.28']Also, have we thought about maybe telling the finder who to investigate? As well as investigating our first choice for "other werewolf" now (during day stage 2), we should throw our second choice suspect at the finder. This makes them unconvertable, and the finder unconvertable, seeing as we'll be investigating him with the first one tomorrow unless he found a guilty.

This way we make two people a night either unconvertable or instantly killed. However we only get one investigation free to use during the day. Fair trade? I think so.[/quote]

I hate people telling me what to do. I'll think about it.

[quote name='Barf' post='1326731' date='Apr 23 2008, 17.32']I hope everything's okay with WJ and it's a just "Shit, can't carry on this game" thing and not a "Shit my life's turned to hell, modkill me as i won't be here" thing?[/quote]

I thought he was accidentally spoiled. It makes sense given his reaction.

[quote name='Colonel Sandurz' post='1326789' date='Apr 23 2008, 17.58']Meanwhile, can we build a consensus on Barf/Lone Statt/DH? Or is it going to be me?[/quote]

I would prefer you [b]Colonel Sandurz[/b].

[quote name='Mega Maid' post='1326827' date='Apr 23 2008, 13.14']Ugh, yes Lone Starr that is what happened :(.

Thanks to WJ for bringing up a balancing issue with the tests (aka, I should have done a game type I was more familliar with). If the second test is successful, the day will be prolonged by 8 hours and there will be a 3rd test. It would be extremely difficult for the innocents to win otherwise. Again, sorry for the confusion and modifications to the rules, but hopefully they will make it a better game in the end.[/quote]

Interesting. Well, it doesn't matter on D2 anyway. If we get a successful lynch today, we win.

Sentences are lovely ways to communicate ideas.

[quote name='Barf' post='1326850' date='Apr 23 2008, 13.28']Did you just turn a 3 into a 4?[/quote]

"Interesting" does not count as a sentence.

If that is what you were referring to there, I wanted to correct it.

I can hear birds tweeting outside my cell window.

[quote name='Colonel Sandurz' post='1326849' date='Apr 23 2008, 18.27']Who is your 2nd choice?

I said this in a gleeful tone.

I would never think of posting less than 3 full sentences.[/quote]

You are my 2nd choice as well. I don't know. I don't think Lany was converted. I mean, she could be but it doesn't seem likely to me, not the way she's posting nor the way she voted Skroob after me. As I said before, I don't see any reason for her to distance that early with no real pressure and no real pressure elsewhere.

Other than that, probably Shabba, if only because she's very quiet throughout all this.

[quote name='Colonel Sandurz' post='1326854' date='Apr 23 2008, 13.29']"Interesting" does not count as a sentence.

If that is what you were referring to there, I wanted to correct it.

I can hear birds tweeting outside my cell window.[/quote]

Of course it does...

And nice quick edit. :-p

'ey! You'd watch yourself if you knew what was good for ya Sandurz. Or you'll get another rule added on that is even meaner. :evil:

It is day 2.

5 players remain: Barf, Colonel Sandurz, Dark Helmet, Lone Starr, Princess Vespa.

3 votes are needed for a conviction.

2 votes for Colonel Sandurz (Lone Starr, Princess Vespa)
1 vote for Barf (Dark Helmet)
1 vote for Lone Starr (Barf)
1 vote for Dark Helmet (Colonel Sandurz

[quote name='Mega Maid' post='1326863' date='Apr 23 2008, 14.31']'ey! You'd watch yourself if you knew what was good for ya Sandurz. Or you'll get another rule added on that is even meaner. :evil:

It is day 2.

5 players remain: Barf, Colonel Sandurz, Dark Helmet, Lone Starr, Princess Vespa.

3 votes are needed for a conviction.

2 votes for Colonel Sandurz (Lone Starr, Princess Vespa)
1 vote for Barf (Dark Helmet)

2 players have not voted: Barf, Colonel Sandurz.[/quote]

I think Barf has a vote on me

[quote name='Princess Vespa' post='1326858' date='Apr 23 2008, 13.30']You are my 2nd choice as well. I don't know. I don't think Lany was converted. I mean, she could be but it doesn't seem likely to me, not the way she's posting nor the way she voted Skroob after me. As I said before, I don't see any reason for her to distance that early with no real pressure and no real pressure elsewhere.

Other than that, probably Shabba, if only because she's very quiet throughout all this.[/quote]

Well, you're wrong about me being evil, so I wanted to know if anyone else was on the radar. I am having a hard time settling on one of the remaining 3 players.

DH was probably the least suspicious of the three, to me. :(

Well, Barf is never going to vote for himself, so I can only presume that if I vote Lone Starr, Barf will vote for me.

OTOH, Barf could have easily wasted our investigation already by hammering me.

So, perhaps by default, I will vote [b]Dark Helmet[/b]. Too...uh... unsuspicious... to be innocent? :o

[quote name='Colonel Sandurz' post='1326900' date='Apr 23 2008, 13.52']Well, you're wrong about me being evil, so I wanted to know if anyone else was on the radar. I am having a hard time settling on one of the remaining 3 players.

DH was probably the least suspicious of the three, to me. :(

Well, Barf is never going to vote for himself, so I can only presume that if I vote Lone Starr, Barf will vote for me.

OTOH, Barf could have easily wasted our investigation already by hammering me.

So, perhaps by default, I will vote [b]Dark Helmet[/b]. Too...uh... unsuspicious... to be innocent? :o[/quote]

Nah, my vote will stay on [b]LONE STARR[/b] even if the mod did manage to miss it. :-p

Unless of course i hear a convincing argument on someone else though.

I'm not about to become a hammer before we have any sort of plan for investigating yet though. So, Mexal, have you thought on the pros and cons of doing what i tell you to? :-p

If so, i reccomend that we lynch Lone Starr, seeing as I have a vote on them and Sanders is obviously happy to. Then, you investigate Sanders for us.

Of course, I'll happily drop the hammer on Sanders if you agree to investigate Lone Starr tonight.

[quote name='Barf' post='1326907' date='Apr 23 2008, 18.56']Nah, my vote will stay on [b]LONE STARR[/b] even if the mod did manage to miss it. :-p

Unless of course i hear a convincing argument on someone else though.

I'm not about to become a hammer before we have any sort of plan for investigating yet though. So, Mexal, have you thought on the pros and cons of doing what i tell you to? :-p

If so, i reccomend that we lynch Lone Starr, seeing as I have a vote on them and Sanders is obviously happy to. Then, you investigate Sanders for us.

Of course, I'll happily drop the hammer on Sanders if you agree to investigate Lone Starr tonight.[/quote]

The pros are well, you get to dictate to me what you want me to do. The cons are the fact that I don't trust you worth a damn and that I'm not exactly a terrible player in my own right.

I'd prefer no one hammer til we hear a little more from Shabba. I don't like quiet players when discussing ways of figuring out the game.

Also, I highly recommend you investigate me first on day 3. I say this as an innocent so that you know you can trust me.

[quote name='Princess Vespa' post='1326916' date='Apr 23 2008, 13.59']The pros are well, you get to dictate to me what you want me to do. The cons are the fact that I don't trust you worth a damn and that I'm not exactly a terrible player in my own right.

I'd prefer no one hammer til we hear a little more from Shabba. I don't like quiet players when discussing ways of figuring out the game.

Also, I highly recommend you investigate me first on day 3. I say this as an innocent so that you know you can trust me.[/quote]

I meant pros and cons for you, not for me. And I don't mean to imply you are a worse player than me. Far from it, I'd happily bow down to your decisions...

As long as you announce them, publicly, before going to night. That's the crux of this.

Why? Because if you turn evil, it's too easy to pretend to have investigated an innocent and found them innocent. If we know who you were due to investigate, it saves us having to WIFOM that.

Plus it may save you from a conversion.

The down side is that the cult then knows who not to convert. The upside for us is we still then have a far narrower suspect pool the next day.

[quote name='Barf' post='1326920' date='Apr 23 2008, 14.02']I meant pros and cons for you, not for me. And I don't mean to imply you are a worse player than me. Far from it, I'd happily bow down to your decisions...

As long as you announce them, publicly, before going to night. That's the crux of this.

Why? Because if you turn evil, it's too easy to pretend to have investigated an innocent and found them innocent. If we know who you were due to investigate, it saves us having to WIFOM that.

Plus it may save you from a conversion.

The down side is that the cult then knows who not to convert. The upside for us is we still then have a far narrower suspect pool the next day.[/quote]

Edit: Perhaps the key is to code ONE name in. And only one. Code it in a way that can't be broken without a key that only you can provide.

If you fail to provide a key one day along with your result, we know you're evil.

but at the same time, the cult don't know who to avoid.

Archived