NHL Hockey 3!

TheHoundRules

The other thread was closed.

[quote name='Lord O' Bones' post='1338572' date='May 2 2008, 01.19']Well, Dallas, Pittsburgh, that's how you put 'em away in four. Yowzah! Johan Franzen = Colorado offense.[/quote]

Detroit is playing lights out hockey.

I think San Jose forces a game 6. Pittsburgh ends it in game 5. I still think Montreal wins the series.

[quote name='TheHoundRules' post='1339043' date='May 2 2008, 09.13']Pittsburgh ends it in game 5. I still think Montreal wins the series.[/quote]

I hope the Pens end it in 5, otherwise the Rangers have a full steam of momentum coming back to NY. Not a good thing. Plus it sucks to have this loss hanging over them until Sunday. I'm still confident in Fleury though, I thought he played a helluva solid game last night, but the rest of the team was flat.

I don't think Philly is better than Montreal, but they just seem to have everything going for them in this series. I don't see Montreal taking three straight, even if two of them are at home.

Crap, I won't know what to do without a hockey game on at 7pm tonight.

[quote name='Winterfella' post='1339139' date='May 2 2008, 08.12']I hope the Pens end it in 5, otherwise the Rangers have a full steam of momentum coming back to NY. Not a good thing. Plus it sucks to have this loss hanging over them until Sunday. I'm still confident in Fleury though, I thought he played a helluva solid game last night, but the rest of the team was flat.[/quote]

Agreed. They seem to play better once they score.

I give the rangers credit for not rolling over. They definitely outplayed us last night. that said, i didn't think we played that bad. Lundqvist was spectacular, and we just couldn't get anything past him. Then once they had the lead, we couldn't break the trap.

I won't say I'm glad we lost, but I am ok with not having the unbeaten streak hanging over them.

I'm not sure if anyone else knew this, but if Pittsburgh would have won last night, it would have set an NHL record. No team has ever come out of the gate and won 8 straight, ie swept the first two series. Two other teams have gone 7-0 though. It's almost a good thing to not get those types of records, because then it's all the media talks about in your week off and the pressure is somewhat tripled to win.

And Montreal's done. Emotionally nobody can take what they've done and come back I don't think. To outplay a team badly in 3 games(I'll say game one was pretty even) and to lose them all, well it's just crushing. To now know you have to still badly outplay them in 3 more games and win them all? Yikes.

I think they're done in game 5.

[quote name='Winterfella' post='1339139' date='May 2 2008, 10.12']Crap, I won't know what to do without a hockey game on at 7pm tonight.[/quote]

I hear ya. I guess I will sit outside on my back porch, enjoy the nice weather, grill out, and drink a lot of beer!!!!

[quote name='Habber' post='1339305' date='May 2 2008, 12.24']I'm not sure if anyone else knew this, but if Pittsburgh would have won last night, it would have set an NHL record. No team has ever come out of the gate and won 8 straight, ie swept the first two series. Two other teams have gone 7-0 though. It's almost a good thing to not get those types of records, because then it's all the media talks about in your week off and the pressure is somewhat tripled to win.

And Montreal's done. Emotionally nobody can take what they've done and come back I don't think. To outplay a team badly in 3 games(I'll say game one was pretty even) and to lose them all, well it's just crushing. To now know you have to still badly outplay them in 3 more games and win them all? Yikes.

I think they're done in game 5.[/quote]

I think they can win tonight, but overall I agree with you. I hope they can come back, but it might be impossible for them to outplay Philly like they have for the past three nights, and as we've seen, doing so isn't a guarantee of a win anyway. But of course, they're the Habs, so they have to win the Stanley cup, just like they do every year.

And damn Detroit- really rubbing it in to the Avs' faces, are we? Glad to see them move on, but I was hoping for more of a series- something I think the Avs are partially to blame for- in Games 2 and 3, when Theodore was sick and clearly not good on his game, they shouldn't have started with him.

Have not seen the replay's yet, but I hear the Stars had two disallowed goals. Apparently the first one was a pretty BS call on a kick in.

Again I havn't seen it but I'd like to know your thoughts on it LoB.

[quote name='Habber' post='1339305' date='May 2 2008, 18.24']I'm not sure if anyone else knew this, but if Pittsburgh would have won last night, it would have set an NHL record. No team has ever come out of the gate and won 8 straight, ie swept the first two series. Two other teams have gone 7-0 though.[/quote]

Well, at least one team swept the first two series, but that was at a time when the first round wasn't best of 7 and instead was best of 5. So yes, 8-0 would have been a record.

By the way, that team was Edmonton in 1985 - 3-0 against L.A. and then 4-0 against Winnipeg.

[quote name='Lord O' Bones' post='1340391' date='May 3 2008, 00.45']Well. 3rd period of game 5 and the Sharks I've been watching all year finally show up to play. Let's see if they are still there in OT.

Edit: [b]FUCKIN' A!!![/b][/quote]

I watched the whole game here in DC instead of pounding out the four hours of work I said I'd get to. Im now again emotionally invested in this team. Happened with the Caps in the first round where I got to watch them flame out in overtime at Verizon. I can't take Aprils anymore.

[quote name='Habber' post='1340418' date='May 2 2008, 21.21']Have not seen the replay's yet, but I hear the Stars had two disallowed goals. Apparently the first one was a pretty BS call on a kick in.

Again I havn't seen it but I'd like to know your thoughts on it LoB.[/quote]

The first goal IMO was definitely a goal. Not sure what the reason for washing it out was. There was no kicking motion and I don't think Morrow even saw the puck. Strange.

The second one, Morrow tried to knock the puck down with his glove and put it in with his stick, but the puck went in before his stick touched it. Definitely not a goal.

The first one was definitely a goal. I could not understand why it was taking so long to review. Does not matter. You never know what would have happened after that. It would have been 2 - 0 at that time.

The team that has scored first in that series has lost every game so far.

[quote name='Turinqui Calima' post='1340674' date='May 3 2008, 07.38']Am I stupid if I'm starting to hope? Come on, it's not like the Guins have actually been any better? Right?[/quote]

No you are not. Win this next one and game 6 is at home. Anything can happen in game 7.

[quote name='Turinqui Calima' post='1340674' date='May 3 2008, 06.38']Am I stupid if I'm starting to hope? Come on, it's not like the Guins have actually been any better? Right?[/quote]

Never stupid to hope. Stupid to place actual monetary bets tho...

Montreal lost this series in game 4, they had the chance to tie it 2-2 instead they go down 3-1, what did they expect? For the most important game of their season they pull their starter who led them to the Conference title and put in their untested backup.. plain stupidity and arrogance on Montreal's part. I feel bad for the Canadiens and Price, but shame on their coaching staff and the people that rioted, retards.

Archived