Mini Game 51.25

Lannister Guard

[quote name='Dreyken' post='1353067' date='May 13 2008, 08.35']This really gets old. If you have vibes, it's because of something they said. Explain it. Look at my last post as an example of why I have bad vibes. Now use that as a model. Thanks.[/quote]
No.

And if my vibes were associated with something he said, I would've pointed out what he said, don't you think? In that case, it'd have nothing to do with vibes and everything to do with behavior that I consider suspicious.

[quote name='Dreyken' post='1353166' date='May 13 2008, 15.03']Yes. Her argument makes sense but it's not very good. She's saying that if after your suspicions of her, someone else voted, it would be like you and your partner (I assume anyway) would be setting her up as suspicious at which time she'd be more suspicious of you. Since it didn't happen, she doesn't know.[/quote]

If she genuinely beleives partnered killers would do that, she's clearly [i]"Inexperienced".[/i]

[quote name='Cargan' post='1353188' date='May 13 2008, 15.15']No.

And if my vibes were associated with something he said, I would've pointed out what he said, don't you think? In that case, it'd have nothing to do with vibes and everything to do with behavior that I consider suspicious.[/quote]

Unless you beleive in your own psychic abilities, vibes are based on behavior / what's said. Sure you can't make a case, but you can at least point at what's likely to be causing said vibes.

[quote name='Cargan' post='1353188' date='May 13 2008, 09.15']No.

And if my vibes were associated with something he said, I would've pointed out what he said, don't you think? In that case, it'd have nothing to do with vibes and everything to do with behavior that I consider suspicious.[/quote]

Not true at all. Vibes are feelings associated with posts. They come from the actions the player exhibits and normally can be broken down to a specific post that rubs you the wrong way. Most people are afraid to point that post out, or that sentence, or whatever little thing set them off because it's generally not considered big evidence and most people would laugh. As a result, they use "vibes" which encompasses everything when in reality, it was one little thing that was said.

Something set you off and it's to our advantage to find it. I highly doubt it was his avatar.

[quote name='Riona' post='1353195' date='May 13 2008, 09.19']If she genuinely beleives partnered killers would do that, she's clearly [i]"Inexperienced".[/i][/quote]

It was my assumption. We'll see when she explains it better.

[quote name='Riona' post='1353196' date='May 13 2008, 10.21']Unless you beleive in your own psychic abilities[/quote]
Yes.

[quote name='Dreyken' post='1353201' date='May 13 2008, 10.24']Not true at all. Vibes are feelings associated with posts.[/quote]
If you insist, since Varden's only got two posts, it was probably something in the second. Don't see anything wrong with the first.

[quote]I highly doubt it was his avatar.[/quote]
Not all that unlikely.

[quote name='Cargan' post='1353271' date='May 13 2008, 11.10']If you insist, since Varden's only got two posts, it was probably something in the second. Don't see anything wrong with the first.[/quote]
Probably something...Maybe take another look to judge?

What other suspects have your vibes brought up?

[quote name='Cargan' post='1353278' date='May 13 2008, 10.22']You honestly think I haven't? :rolleyes:[/quote]
So did it confirm or deny your vibes? I would think you'd either be more suspicious for a specific reason, or less because you just didn't notice anything.

I've reread the thread a couple of times now and I can't come to any conclusions on who might be guilty. To me, Marga is acting the most suspicious, but I am not convinced that she is evil, or that an FM would act in this manner. Sympathizer would be a possibility, except my interpretation of the roles is that there are no sympathizers. So, I am not that interested in voting Marga. I am not very suspicious of Riona/Raona either.

Beyond that, I really haven't zeroed in on anyone. The evidence is extremely thin, even by Day 1 standards. There is a lot of pushing and bitching going on, but not much in the way of evidence so far (in my view).

We have no CF of any kind, so I am going to guess that we do have a finder despite the ambiguity. We probably have only 1 of either Guard or Healer. Probably 2 evil killers out of 10 players.

Dreykin is probably the transvestite, judging by avatar and his first post. Not that it really matters.

It doen't look like anything truly interesting is going to emerge on Day 1 in this game. We don't have much time left and Varden is the closest to the lynch. I am not terribly keen on lynching him over these two posts. I would vote for him to get a lynch today, but I am not going to put the vote down now. I will be around frequently until the end of the game day and can do it at any time.

[quote name='Dreyken' post='1353143' date='May 13 2008, 15.47']Can you vote for someone soon? We have less than 7 hours left and I'd prefer not to have a clusterfuck at the last minute because people are hesitant to vote.[/quote]
I'm crap at day 1 suspicion :( I don't like Marga, but I never like agressive players on day 1. On the other hand, I have a good feel on you.

Most of the others I have no idea what to think of. Cargan is a bit annoying with his unspeakable vibes, but I guess he knows by now that the vibes won't convince anyone. I also have a vaguely good feel for Riona

As for what I said about me finding Marga's post suspicious: Just that. If someone had picked up on it (partners or not), and a vote or two had been placed I would have reacted far more strongly to Marga's post, as it's a great set up to get someone lynched, while Marga herself is left with clean hands.

We've got about 4.5 hours left. I'm satisfied with voting off low-poster Varden that has accumulated a total of 2 posts in 24 hours. I'd also vote of Naomh for the same.

Other suspects mentioned:

Marga is irritating and evasive but she's actually playing so I won't vote for her on D1.

Brighid is annoyingly unhelpful

Fionn's middle-of-the-roadness doesn't seem to have gotten any traction, but I don't like the appeal to his "inexperience" as a defence.

[quote name='Naomh' post='1353294' date='May 13 2008, 10.37']I've reread the thread a couple of times now and [u]I can't come to any conclusions on who might be guilty[/u]. To me,[u] Marga is acting the most suspicious, but I am not convinced that she is evil[/u], or that an FM would act in this manner. Sympathizer would be a possibility, except my interpretation of the roles is that there are no sympathizers. So, [u]I am not that interested in voting Marga[/u]. I am not very suspicious of Riona/Raona either.

Beyond that, I really haven't zeroed in on anyone. The evidence is extremely thin, even by Day 1 standards. There is a lot of pushing and bitching going on, but not much in the way of evidence so far (in my view).

We have no CF of any kind, so I am going to guess that we do have a finder despite the ambiguity. We probably have only 1 of either Guard or Healer. Probably 2 evil killers out of 10 players.

Dreykin is probably the transvestite, judging by avatar and his first post. Not that it really matters.

It doen't look like anything truly interesting is going to emerge on Day 1 in this game. We don't have much time left and Varden is the closest to the lynch. [u]I am not terribly keen on lynching him over these two posts[/u]. [u]I would vote for him to get a lynch today[/u], but I am not going to put the vote down now. I will be around frequently until the end of the game day and can do it at any time.[/quote]

Middle of the road much [b]Naomh[/b]?

You find Marga the most suspicious but not sure that she's evil and don't want to vote for her. You complain about lack of evidence yet don't try to find your own. You're not keen on lynching Varden but you will to get a lynch.

And to top it all off, you're voting no one.

I really hate that post.

Gah too many people acting mildly scummy, no-one outright admitting to being evil yet though!

Damnit. I need to leave my unspecified time consumer soon, then I have a couple of things to do, but I'll be home over an hour before zero-time... So i will have time to at least choose, probably fully re-read.

[b]Brighid[/b] incase I don't get backl. On the surface, that's my choice.

Re: Fionn,
[url="http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php?s=&showtopic=28118&view=findpost&p=1352839"]Inexperience excuse post[/url]- The first part he uses his inexperience as an excuse, then the second half is an actual explanation. It seems genuine to me, but I will admit that inexperience can be a blindspot for me (too sympathetic...shocking, I know).

[quote name='Brighid' post='1353295' date='May 13 2008, 10.37']I'm crap at day 1 suspicion :([u] I don't like Marga[/u], but [u]I never like agressive players [/u]on day 1. On the other hand, [u]I have a good feel on you.[Marga, I assume...][/u][/quote]
You don't like me, you don't like people who play like me..but on the other hand you have a good feel for me. :huh:

Dreyken,
That is a nice catch, she is definitely walking down the double yellow line. This is being a bit picky like you were before, forgive my hypocrisy, but something about Naomh saying her "interpretation of the rules" leads her to believe there is no symp. Huh? It makes it sound as if there was some though involved, instead of simply looking at the role list and seeing that symp isn't listed. I am going to keep my vote on Brighid for now, but I'd be happy to switch to Naomh.

[quote name='Dreyken' post='1353309' date='May 13 2008, 10.49']Middle of the road much [b]Naomh[/b]?

You find Marga the most suspicious but not sure that she's evil and don't want to vote for her. You complain about lack of evidence yet don't try to find your own. You're not keen on lynching Varden but you will to get a lynch.

And to top it all off, you're voting no one.

I really hate that post.[/quote]

I find it hard to believe that you believe what you just wrote. I said I re-read the entire thread more than once and I don't see any damning evidence. Where does that leave me? yes, the middle of the road. That is where you are when you don't have any suspects. I stated what I honestly believe about each of those players. You think being honest = evil?

I *DID* try to find my own, but I don't think there is anything out there so far. Marga has attracted the most attention (as I said) because of her refusal to simply give a reason for singling out Brighid as being part of the trend of song posters. It is really a non-issue except that it dragged on for several posts. Other than that, all I see are several players trying to stir up sh*t and no one is really reacting to it an a particularly evil way.

I *explained* why I am not voting anyone yet. I will be around until the deadline to see if anything else happens. I don't want to jump on the Varden lynch yet since I know I will be here. It is too easy to put Varden close to the lynch when the FM would likely just hammer it off. The track record of lynching people like Varden on Day 1 has inerrantly been lynching an innocent. If we have no other choice, then fine.

Marga: Uhh, was a bit unclear there. I was replying to Dreyken, and what I meant was that i have a good feel from him.

Agreed on Naomh being middle of the road. I will most likely vote for her or Varden. Would very much like to hear much from Varden, but being quiet is a valid reason to lynch imo.

It is day 1.

10 players remain: Brighid, Cargan, Dreyken, Fionn, Marga, Naomh, Ogan, Riona, Teafa, Varden.

6 votes are needed for a conviction or 5 to go to night.

2 votes for Varden (Ogan, Cargan)
2 votes for Brighid (Marga, Riona)
1 vote for Marga (Teafa)
1 vote for Ogan (Varden)
1 vote for Noamh (Dreyken)

3 players have not voted: Brighid, Fionn, Naomh.

4 hours left

[quote name='Brighid' post='1353340' date='May 13 2008, 11.12']Marga: Uhh, was a bit unclear there. I was replying to Dreyken, and what I meant was that i have a good feel from him.

Agreed on Naomh being middle of the road. I will most likely vote for her or Varden. Would very much like to hear much from Varden, but being quiet is a valid reason to lynch imo.[/quote]
You agree on Naomh being middle of the road because she couldn't come up with suspects? Let's see what you had to say earlier:
[quote name='Brighid' post='1353295' date='May 13 2008, 10.37']I'm crap at day 1 suspicion :( I don't like Marga, but I never like agressive players on day 1. On the other hand, I have a good feel on you.

Most of the others I have no idea what to think of. Cargan is a bit annoying with his unspeakable vibes, but I guess he knows by now that the vibes won't convince anyone. I also have a vaguely good feel for Riona

As for what I said about me finding Marga's post suspicious: Just that. If someone had picked up on it (partners or not), and a vote or two had been placed I would have reacted far more strongly to Marga's post, as it's a great set up to get someone lynched, while Marga herself is left with clean hands.[/quote]
You admit to being crap at day 1 suspicious and come up with nothing on your own...but somehow, in your estimation, that is not ok for Naomh to do? Varden may be evil, but at risk of looking foolish later on I am going to defend them again. They arrived on thread late and now it has been 9 hours since they went to bed. This is not exactly an inexplicably quiet person. Hopefully he will be back before the end of the day, I'd expect him to be.

[quote name='Naomh' post='1353335' date='May 13 2008, 11.06']I find it hard to believe that you believe what you just wrote. I said I re-read the entire thread more than once and I don't see any damning evidence. Where does that leave me? yes, the middle of the road. That is where you are when you don't have any suspects. I stated what I honestly believe about each of those players. You think being honest = evil?

I *DID* try to find my own, but I don't think there is anything out there so far. Marga has attracted the most attention (as I said) because of her refusal to simply give a reason for singling out Brighid as being part of the trend of song posters. It is really a non-issue except that it dragged on for several posts. Other than that, all I see are several players trying to stir up sh*t and no one is really reacting to it an a particularly evil way.

I *explained* why I am not voting anyone yet. I will be around until the deadline to see if anything else happens. I don't want to jump on the Varden lynch yet since I know I will be here. It is too easy to put Varden close to the lynch when the FM would likely just hammer it off. The track record of lynching people like Varden on Day 1 has inerrantly been lynching an innocent. If we have no other choice, then fine.[/quote]

Really? I think I underlined exactly what I said. How can I not believe it when I showed exactly where I formed my opinion? You said it, not me.

This is mafia. It's a game of lying and deception. Do you really think that I care if you said you reread the thread several times? Am I at your computer watching over your shoulder when you do that? The answer to both questions is no. I don't know what you did or didn't do; I can only base suspicions on what you've said.

Maybe I missed where you said that Marga attracted the most suspicion. I could have sworn you said, "Marga is acting the most suspicious but..." Those are two different things. One assumes that you believe that Marga is suspicious since you say she's acting it, the other makes the assumption that others believe Marga is the most suspicious without you giving an opinion of your own.

I understand you explained why you're not voting. The problem is, you've said repeatedly you have no suspicions at all. Therefore, you can vote for whoever you want, whenever you want just to get a lynch. Not to mention that you make zero connections with other players and at the end of the day, you can base your entire day 1 on "I just wanted to get a lynch." Can you honestly not see how I find that suspicious?

Archived