Mini Game 51.25

Lannister Guard

[quote name='Marga' post='1353351' date='May 13 2008, 18.21']You admit to being crap at day 1 suspicious and come up with nothing on your own...but somehow, in your estimation, that is not ok for Naomh to do?[/quote]Indeed. I'm not saying it's ok for me either. It's suspicious. Same goes for Varden. When we enter day 2 we might have no read whatsoever on him.

to jump from the top of the wall: [b]cargan[/b]

He voted based on 'vibes' refused to explain even when Varden is half-way to a lynch with only two posts. Now, I think that killing the quiet players is valid in some situations, but Cargan has said nothing about the Varden's low post count driving his hand. To me that seems like a player who wants to place his vote but doesn't have any reason to, so they blame arbitrary vibes. In this case, because he does not want to find the killers at all.

Okay, I've re-read, and I think I'm quite happy on Brighid. Not "I have a damning case here that will convict her for sure" happy, but seeing as we have to lynch someone, she seems as good a choice as any. Slightly better actually.

Varden, I'd normally say with that activity he has to go. However, i can buy the excuse, and after the recent trend of silent killings, it's far too risky a place for a killer to put themselves in as a tactic, yet doesn't PI them later.

So innocent or guilty, i buy Varden's excuse.

This is frustratingly slow.

Fionn, I agree with you on Cargan. It's annoying that he posted bad vibes as a reason to vote, went back and read the same posts, can't figure out where the vibes come from then disappear. He hasn't posted any vibes on anyone else so he's created absolutely zero connections today.

I would vote for him today but I like Naomh more. I dislike the fact that Varden hasn't come back yet. Absolutely worthless player.

[quote name='Dreyken' post='1353528' date='May 13 2008, 18.52']This is frustratingly slow.

Fionn, I agree with you on Cargan. It's annoying that he posted bad vibes as a reason to vote, went back and read the same posts, can't figure out where the vibes come from then disappear. He hasn't posted any vibes on anyone else so he's created absolutely zero connections today.

I would vote for him today but I like Naomh more. I dislike the fact that Varden hasn't come back yet. Absolutely worthless player.[/quote]

I'd like to throw my knickers in as well and state that I'll also happily vote for anyone who uses guts or vibes yet in a game with as few posts as this, and on someone with so few posts, refuses to try to discover where said vibes originate from.

It is day 1.

10 players remain: Brighid, Cargan, Dreyken, Fionn, Marga, Naomh, Ogan, Riona, Teafa, Varden.

6 votes are needed for a conviction or 5 to go to night.

2 votes for Brighid (Marga, Riona)
2 votes for Varden (Ogan, Cargan)
1 vote for Cargan (Fionn)
1 vote for Marga (Teafa)
1 vote for Naomh (Dreyken)
1 vote for Ogan (Varden)

2 players have not voted: Brighid, Naomh.

2 hours and 15 mins left.

Please note It is not too early to send in nigh action PM's. (its never too early for that) And Mods like to here any thoughts you may want to send our way.

[quote name='Riona' post='1353536' date='May 13 2008, 13.57']I'd like to throw my knickers in as well and state that I'll also happily vote for anyone who uses guts or vibes yet in a game with as few posts as this, and on someone with so few posts, refuses to try to discover where said vibes originate from.[/quote]
I don't know how else I can make this clear. I [i]tried[/i] to find out where the vibes came from. He's only got two posts, it's not so hard to read through them. I wouldn't have called them vibes if I had an identifiable source. Now, I could rip apart his second post just for shits and giggles, but even I'd call everything I'd have to say BS, so I'd rather not.

[quote name='Cargan' post='1353569' date='May 13 2008, 13.14']I don't know how else I can make this clear. I [i]tried[/i] to find out where the vibes came from. He's only got two posts, it's not so hard to read through them. I wouldn't have called them vibes if I had an identifiable source. Now, I could rip apart his second post just for shits and giggles, but even I'd call everything I'd have to say BS, so I'd rather not.[/quote]

Ok.

So since you didn't identify the source of the vibes, did that change your opinion at all or do you still have [i]monstrous[/i] bad vibes on Varden?

[quote name='Fionn' post='1353410' date='May 13 2008, 12.54']to jump from the top of the wall: [b]cargan[/b]

He voted based on 'vibes' refused to explain even when Varden is half-way to a lynch with only two posts. Now, I think that killing the quiet players is valid in some situations, but Cargan has said nothing about the Varden's low post count driving his hand. To me that seems like a player who wants to place his vote but doesn't have any reason to, so they blame arbitrary vibes. In this case, because he does not want to find the killers at all.[/quote]
1) Again, if I had an explanation, I sure would not be calling them [i]vibes[/i].
2) What's his post count got to do with anything?
3) Vibes are arbitrary, I grant you that. I wanted to put a vote down, you get that too. But I don't want to find any killers? If you believe I'm an FM, you are aware that you also believe that me-as-an-FM thought it was a good idea to waltz out and put a vote on a low poster due to vibes instead of a low post count. Suspicious much? An FM could've just as easily voted because of the post count or whatever--they had no reason to cite vibes in Varden's case.

[quote name='Dreyken' post='1353576' date='May 13 2008, 14.16']Ok.

So since you didn't identify the source of the vibes, did that change your opinion at all or do you still have [i]monstrous[/i] bad vibes on Varden?[/quote]
My vote is still on him, yes?

Though I also liked someone's case on one of the players for middle-roading. I think it was on Naomh. Not sure. These names baffle me.

[quote name='Cargan' post='1353584' date='May 13 2008, 13.20']3) Vibes are arbitrary, I grant you that. I wanted to put a vote down, you get that too. But I don't want to find any killers? If you believe I'm an FM, you are aware that you also believe that me-as-an-FM thought it was a good idea to waltz out and put a vote on a low poster due to vibes instead of a low post count. Suspicious much? An FM could've just as easily voted because of the post count or whatever--they had no reason to cite vibes in Varden's case.[/quote]

That all depends on playstyle. There are players on this site who constantly use vibes as a reason to vote and generally speaking, they get ignored early on. It wouldn't surprise me to see a FM do the same thing, especially if they'd normally do that as an innocent. WIFOM defense won't work here.

[quote name='Cargan' post='1353586' date='May 13 2008, 13.22']My vote is still on him, yes?

Though I also liked someone's case on one of the players for middle-roading. I think it was on Naomh. Not sure. These names baffle me.[/quote]

That hardly answers my question. You could have kept your vote on him cause you're too lazy to change. You could have kept it on him because you didn't see anyone else to change it to. Maybe you thought it wasn't going to work out to use vibes as a reason to change your vote. Or maybe you thought Varden had the most chance of being lynched since I was voting him before.

I don't know. You having your vote on him after you said you can't find why you have [i]monstrous[/i] bad vibes from his two votes really doesn't say much.

Even more importantly, if there's simply no source for the vibes, aren't you better off not mentioning them?

"Vibes" are bullshit enough any way. When you add in the fact that you can't even find any possible source for them, well golly, we just have a huge distraction that adds nothing to our chances of winning!

[quote name='Cargan' post='1353059' date='May 13 2008, 14.26']I'm getting monstrous bad vibes from [b]Varden[/b].[/quote]

I too would like to hear what these vibes have to do with, but oh well.

[quote name='Dreyken' post='1353065' date='May 13 2008, 14.33']I hate that. If you're going to make comments, say you'll make comments. If you're not going to make comments, don't make comments. Players who qualify their statements in order to leave themselves an out leave me incredibly wary. For now, [b]Varden[/b].[/quote]
[quote name='Marga' post='1353071' date='May 13 2008, 14.40']Nice little pile up starting on Varden here. I don't hate voting for someone that has been quiet, but they have at least given some reasoning.[/quote]

I was up a little later than usual (I don't think we can specify time) and did not know this was starting on Monday. I needed to get some sleep for a class so what I meant by "possibly" was that if I got too tired I wouldn't be commenting, but I did.

[quote name='Marga' post='1353088' date='May 13 2008, 15.01']Halfway to a lynch.

They didn't realize the game was starting today explains their late start and the were only able to be on for about 30 minutes (judging from time stamps) before heading to bed.[/quote]

Pretty much sums it up for the most part.
[quote name='Ógán' post='1353300' date='May 13 2008, 17.42']We've got about 4.5 hours left. I'm satisfied with voting off [u]low-poster[/u] Varden that has accumulated a total of 2 posts in 24 hours. I'd also vote of Naomh for the same.[/quote]

See above.

I have not read through all of what has happened since I was last here, I just thought I should address this. Back to reading now.

[quote name='Dreyken' post='1353590' date='May 13 2008, 14.27']That hardly answers my question. You could have kept your vote on him cause you're too lazy to change. You could have kept it on him because you didn't see anyone else to change it to. Maybe you thought it wasn't going to work out to use vibes as a reason to change your vote. Or maybe you thought Varden had the most chance of being lynched since I was voting him before.[/quote]
Dunno how you play, but I vote for whomever I want to see lynched, which is generally the person that I'm most suspicious of up until I've got to change my vote to compromise. He's still the player I find most likely to be an FM. I still have my vote on him. That's all there is to it. You think too hard.

[quote name='Riona' post='1353596' date='May 13 2008, 14.29']"Vibes" are bullshit enough any way. When you add in the fact that you can't even find any possible source for them, well golly, we just have a huge distraction that adds nothing to our chances of winning![/quote]
Then don't get distracted. I'm not stopping you from focusing on everybody else. Hell, I've got a low enough post count myself. Ignore me if you don't think I'm suspicious enough to lynch. Obviously, if you think I'm suspicious enough to bother lynching, by all means, go for it.

[quote name='Dreyken' post='1353359' date='May 13 2008, 11.27']Really? I think I underlined exactly what I said. How can I not believe it when I showed exactly where I formed my opinion? You said it, not me.

This is mafia. It's a game of lying and deception. Do you really think that I care if you said you reread the thread several times? Am I at your computer watching over your shoulder when you do that? The answer to both questions is no. I don't know what you did or didn't do; I can only base suspicions on what you've said.

Maybe I missed where you said that Marga attracted the most suspicion. I could have sworn you said, "Marga is acting the most suspicious but..." Those are two different things. One assumes that you believe that Marga is suspicious since you say she's acting it, the other makes the assumption that others believe Marga is the most suspicious without you giving an opinion of your own.

I understand you explained why you're not voting. The problem is, you've said repeatedly you have no suspicions at all. Therefore, you can vote for whoever you want, whenever you want just to get a lynch. Not to mention that you make zero connections with other players and at the end of the day, you can base your entire day 1 on "I just wanted to get a lynch." Can you honestly not see how I find that suspicious?[/quote]

Sweetheart, you are working way too hard on day 1. "Mafia is a game of lying and deception"? Please :rolleyes: !! Tell me what the game is about.

If you can honestly read this thread and have any kind of certainty of guilt on anyone so far, you really don't know what you're doing. You don't like what I have to say? Fine, vote for me. I would much rather you lynch me than blunder around and lynch the finder with your ridiculous evidence. You are annoying as hell, but I probably have to conclude that you are not evil, either.

Sure, I could throw down a vote on some random person, but that is not how *I* play mafia. The only time I care about the timing of my vote is when I'm evil. You need me sheep someone in order to feel better about where I stand? Well tough cookies! I stand by what I said, and I am not going to let a bully like you make me do anything different.

I would prefer not to lynch Marga, Riona, or Varden today. I do not think they are likely guilty. As annoying as Dreyken is, he is probably not guilty either. Anyone else would be fine. That being said, I would vote for anyone in order to lynch someone today.

[quote name='Cargan' post='1353609' date='May 13 2008, 14.38']Dunno how you play, but I vote for whomever I want to see lynched, which is generally the person that I'm most suspicious of up until I've got to change my vote to compromise. He's still the player I find most likely to be an FM. I still have my vote on him. That's all there is to it. You think too hard.[/quote]

[quote name='Naomh' post='1353615' date='May 13 2008, 14.41']Sweetheart, you are working way too hard on day 1. "Mafia is a game of lying and deception"? Please :rolleyes: !! Tell me what the game is about.

If you can honestly read this thread and have any kind of certainty of guilt on anyone so far, you really don't know what you're doing. You don't like what I have to say? Fine, vote for me. I would much rather you lynch me than blunder around and lynch the finder with your ridiculous evidence. You are annoying as hell, but I probably have to conclude that you are not evil, either.

Sure, I could throw down a vote on some random person, but that is not how *I* play mafia. The only time I care about the timing of my vote is when I'm evil. You need me sheep someone in order to feel better about where I stand? Well tough cookies! I stand by what I said, and I am not going to let a bully like you make me do anything different.

I would prefer not to lynch Marga, Riona, or Varden today. I do not think they are likely guilty. As annoying as Dreyken is, he is probably not guilty either. Anyone else would be fine. That being said, I would vote for anyone in order to lynch someone today.[/quote]

Why don't we all sit around the fire, sip some wine, hold hands and sing coomby ya. I mean seriously, that's what these two posts amount to.

[quote name='Dreyken' post='1353625' date='May 13 2008, 13.46']Why don't we all sit around the fire, sip some wine, hold hands and sing coomby ya. I mean seriously, that's what these two posts amount to.[/quote]

do you really think that *your* way is the only way to play this game?

It's not my fault that the FM haven't done anything obviously evil yet, but let's be honest, did you really expect them to?

[quote name='Naomh' post='1353630' date='May 13 2008, 14.50']do you really think that *your* way is the only way to play this game?

It's not my fault that the FM haven't done anything obviously evil yet, but let's be honest, did you really expect them to?[/quote]

No. But if we all played like you, we'd be sitting around waiting for something to happen instead of making things happen. And when people sit and wait, it makes me suspicious because it's far easier to react to situations then it is to create them, especially when evil.

I absolutely detest the "there is nothing out there so say nothing" playstyle that so many players use here. It fucks us in the end when there is nothing in their posts to indicate one way or another what their alignment is. I'm sorry if I don't applaud that.

We're running out of time for a consensus for a lynch. Instead of listing ppl you wonn't lynch, let's concentrate on who we *will* lynch.

Varden has now appeared and I'm willing to wait to see what he has to say but not for much longer.

Cargan could be a good choice, imo. He's been a complete distraction, doesn't seem capable of articulating a case or looking for any alternate lynches beyond his vibes.

Naomh is a decent choice. I also don't like the "don't work hard on D1" line. At best it's lazy inno talk and at worst it's FM stifling inquiry.

[quote name='Dreyken' post='1353309' date='May 13 2008, 11.49']Middle of the road much [b]Naomh[/b]?

You find Marga the most suspicious but not sure that she's evil and don't want to vote for her. You complain about lack of evidence yet don't try to find your own. You're not keen on lynching Varden but you will to get a lynch.

And to top it all off, you're voting no one.

I really hate that post.[/quote]

Oh hell yeah. I'm glad someone else noticed this. If no one else is going to follow up on [b]Naomh[/b], I will.

I don't actually find Marga exceedingly suspicious. I think I was misunderstanding her last night and being overly antagonistic, but I really was frustrated with what I felt was a condescending game tactic. (You know, like when politicians answer every question with another question?) In any case, there are others I'd rather vote for today. I'd probably lynch Varden too at this point, unless he actually comes up with something to say, but I'd prefer Ms. Can't-conclude-her-way-out-of-a-hole Naomh for now.

I find neither Cargan nor Dreyken exceedingly suspicious. Well done.

Archived