Mini Game 51.25

Lannister Guard

[quote name='Dreyken' post='1353637' date='May 13 2008, 13.53']No. But if we all played like you, we'd be sitting around waiting for something to happen instead of making things happen. And when people sit and wait, it makes me suspicious because it's far easier to react to situations then it is to create them, especially when evil.

I absolutely detest the "there is nothing out there so say nothing" playstyle that so many players use here. It fucks us in the end when there is nothing in their posts to indicate one way or another what their alignment is. I'm sorry if I don't applaud that.[/quote]

Well, thank god for you then, Action Jackson. I don't mind players who "stir the pot" but I dont like the way *you* are going about it in this game. You're a bull in a china shop.

At this point I am going to vote for [b]Brighid[/b] as my preference over Varden. I am obviously not sure about Brighid, but if the choice is between these two options....

[quote name='Teafa' post='1353650' date='May 13 2008, 13.59']Oh hell yeah. I'm glad someone else noticed this. If no one else is going to follow up on [b]Naomh[/b], I will.

I don't actually find Marga exceedingly suspicious. I think I was misunderstanding her last night and being overly antagonistic, but I really was frustrated with what I felt was a condescending game tactic. (You know, like when politicians answer every question with another question?) In any case, there are others I'd rather vote for today. I'd probably lynch Varden too at this point, unless he actually comes up with something to say, but I'd prefer Ms. Can't-conclude-her-way-out-of-a-hole Naomh for now.

I find neither Cargan nor Dreyken exceedingly suspicious. Well done.[/quote]

Nice pile-on using other people's reasoning. People should look at this chick tomorrow if I get lynched (as it is starting to look that way).

[quote name='Naomh' post='1353653' date='May 13 2008, 15.00']Well, thank god for you then, Action Jackson. I don't mind players who "stir the pot" but I dont like the way *you* are going about it in this game. You're a bull in a china shop.

At this point I am going to vote for [b]Brighid[/b] as my preference over Varden. I am obviously not sure about Brighid, but if the choice is between these two options....[/quote]

Get used to it.

Why is Brighid your preference over Varden?

[quote name='Ógán' post='1353641' date='May 13 2008, 20.55']We're running out of time for a consensus for a lynch. Instead of listing ppl you wonn't lynch, let's concentrate on who we *will* lynch.

Varden has now appeared and I'm willing to wait to see what he has to say but not for much longer.

Cargan could be a good choice, imo. He's been a complete distraction, doesn't seem capable of articulating a case or looking for any alternate lynches beyond his vibes.

Naomh is a decent choice. I also don't like the "don't work hard on D1" line. At best it's lazy inno talk and at worst it's FM stifling inquiry.[/quote]
Ok, if I follow you right you have here listed the possible lynch candidates Umm, why didn't you mention me? I had, at the time, 2 votes (now 3), and not mentioning me when going through a list of lynch candidates is strange.

[quote name='Fionn' post='1353410' date='May 13 2008, 18.54']to jump from the top of the wall: [b]cargan[/b]

He voted based on 'vibes' refused to explain even when Varden is half-way to a lynch with only two posts. Now, I think that killing the quiet players is valid in some situations, but Cargan has said nothing about the Varden's low post count driving his hand. To me that seems like a player who wants to place his vote but doesn't have any reason to, so they blame arbitrary vibes. In this case, because he does not want to find the killers at all.[/quote]

I don't really like the "vibes" at all either. I mean, I know this game can be frustrating sometimes when you can not get a read on people and you just want it to move on with it, but you might as well just say that you are voting "just to lynch someone" instead of bad vibes. You have these vibes on my posts, it doesn't make much sense to me. I believe there are other players acting a little suspicious, moreso than a vibe, as have been pointed out. I'll go back and reread to look at those things again because I don't remember all too much from last night. Naomh is being middle of the road, but so far I've really been on no road.

We don't need vibes. If we want a random lynch, do we really need a ridiculous reason rather than no explanation to do it? Why not just pull out the dice if you are going to go off vibes? As a player I do not like the random lynch mobbing something like that can cause. [b]Cargan[/b]

[quote name='Dreyken' post='1353663' date='May 13 2008, 14.02']Get used to it.

Why is Brighid your preference over Varden?[/quote]

Because I am accepting Varden's excuse for not posting much so far. I don't think the case against him is convincing and I think people are taking advantage of it. The FM in particular can take advantage of piling on a low poster lynch because one doesn't need to have real reasons to want to lynch him beyond that he hasn't contributed much.

Personally, I think the FM is more likely to be found in the middle of the pack, rather than at the bottom or the top. You never really know for sure, though, and Day 1 is always filled with horseshit cases.

I chose Brighid because at the time, she and Varden seemed to be the most lynchable (besides myself) and although I have little read on Brighid, I feel less suspicious of Varden based on the attacks on him so far.

[quote name='Brighid' post='1353669' date='May 13 2008, 15.04']Ok, if I follow you right you have here listed the possible lynch candidates Umm, why didn't you mention me? I had, at the time, 2 votes (now 3), and not mentioning me when going through a list of lynch candidates is strange.[/quote]

I was listing the candidates that I am willing to vote for. I haven't forgotten you but you're not up my list past these three at present. Sorry if you feel left out.

[quote name='Naomh' post='1353675' date='May 13 2008, 15.08']Because I am accepting Varden's excuse for not posting much so far. I don't think the case against him is convincing and I think people are taking advantage of it. The FM in particular can take advantage of piling on a low poster lynch because one doesn't need to have real reasons to want to lynch him beyond that he hasn't contributed much.[/quote]

WIFOM. You have no idea why FM would vote for who they vote for.

[quote]Personally, I think the FM is more likely to be found in the middle of the pack, rather than at the bottom or the top. You never really know for sure, though, and Day 1 is always filled with horseshit cases.[/quote]

WIFOM. This is a non-statement. It means nothing.

[quote]I chose Brighid because at the time, she and Varden seemed to be the most lynchable (besides myself) and although I have little read on Brighid, I feel less suspicious of Varden based on the attacks on him so far.[/quote]

What do you think of Cargan?

[quote name='Naomh' post='1353662' date='May 13 2008, 15.02']Nice pile-on using other people's reasoning. People should look at this chick tomorrow if I get lynched (as it is starting to look that way).[/quote]

I was the 2nd vote on you. I'd hardly call that a "pile-on". If I wanted to pile on to a candidate, maybe I should have picked someone who already had more than one vote on them, like Varden or Brigid. Plus, you're tied with Brigid right now, so your getting lynched is hardly a certainty.

[quote name='Ógán' post='1353692' date='May 13 2008, 15.17']WIFOM. You have no idea why FM would vote for who they vote for.

WIFOM. This is a non-statement. It means nothing.[/quote]

Neither statement that you labeled as WIFOM was WIFOM.

I'm not sure how much time is left, but not much, certainly. Ogan, your vote is still on Varden, but it was put on without much explanation and still I don't have your reasoning for keeping it on him.
Now, before someone accuses me of trying to defend Varden, I would come after whatever joke-vote stayed on until this far into the day. If it is not still a joke vote, explain it or remove it.

It is day 1.

10 players remain: Brighid, Cargan, Dreyken, Fionn, Marga, Naomh, Ogan, Riona, Teafa, Varden.

6 votes are needed for a conviction or 5 to go to night.

3 votes for Brighid (Marga, Riona, naomh)
2 votes for Varden (Ogan, Cargan)
2 vote for Cargan (Fionn, varden)
3 vote for Naomh (Dreyken, teafa, brigid)

[quote name='Fionn' post='1353702' date='May 13 2008, 14.22']I'm not sure how much time is left,

It is day 1.

10 players remain: Brighid, Cargan, Dreyken, Fionn, Marga, Naomh, Ogan, Riona, Teafa, Varden.

6 votes are needed for a conviction or 5 to go to night.

3 votes for Brighid (Marga, Riona, naomh)
2 votes for Varden (Ogan, Cargan)
2 vote for Cargan (Fionn, varden)
3 vote for Naomh (Dreyken, teafa, brigid)[/quote]

50 minutes are left. the day ends at 9:15pm GMT (4:15 pm ET)

[quote name='Ógán' post='1353692' date='May 13 2008, 14.17']WIFOM. You have no idea why FM would vote for who they vote for.

WIFOM. This is a non-statement. It means nothing.

What do you think of Cargan?[/quote]
You know, you are also kind of an ass. I don't get why some of the people who choose the "bullying" playstyle think they have to disrespect every other playstyle. I don't personally play by "vibes" but I respect the fact that some members of your community like to play an intuitive style that is not based on objective evidence or making logical cases. I know that drives some of us crazy, but it is not a clear indication of guilt, by itself. Sure, he could be guilty, but he makes a point in #169 that coming out with a "vibes" vote on a low poster is not exactly the best way for an FM to avoid attention. Why not just put a "pressure" vote on a low poster, or whatever?

I guess I can't possibly have any insight into the FM. I am sorry I said anything about how they might vote.

Non-statement, huh? Well I guess if it doesn't fit into your playstyle then it can't have any meaning. I, OTOH, find it to be a useful guide in 2 faction games, and frequently a helpful tool for finding FM. You, can use whatever flips your switch.

[quote name='Fionn' post='1353702' date='May 13 2008, 14.22']I'm not sure how much time is left, but not much, certainly. Ogan, your vote is still on Varden, but it was put on without much explanation and still I don't have your reasoning for keeping it on him.
Now, before someone accuses me of trying to defend Varden, I would come after whatever joke-vote stayed on until this far into the day. If it is not still a joke vote, explain it or remove it.[/quote]

I could go all Marga on you and tell you to read my freakin' posts, but it's clear that my first vote on him was because he hadn't posted yet. The explanation point plus :smash: is generally accepted for summoning a missing player. It has remained on him because, as I perviously posted, he had only 2 posts in 24 hours. This means I don't like low posters. Inactive players are a burden on the team. Then later after he appeared I said I was waiting for him to do something. The only thing I've seen him do is parrot you. I think he's still a valid lynch, ergo he is listed in my post of ppl I'd be willing to lynch and why my vote is still on him.

[quote name='Naomh' post='1353714' date='May 13 2008, 15.29']You know, you are also kind of an ass. I don't get why some of the people who choose the "bullying" playstyle think they have to disrespect every other playstyle. I don't personally play by "vibes" but I respect the fact that some members of your community like to play an intuitive style that is not based on objective evidence or making logical cases. I know that drives some of us crazy, but it is not a clear indication of guilt, by itself. Sure, he could be guilty, but he makes a point in #169 that coming out with a "vibes" vote on a low poster is not exactly the best way for an FM to avoid attention. Why not just put a "pressure" vote on a low poster, or whatever?

I guess I can't possibly have any insight into the FM. I am sorry I said anything about how they might vote.

Non-statement, huh? Well I guess if it doesn't fit into your playstyle then it can't have any meaning. I, OTOH, find it to be a useful guide in 2 faction games, and frequently a helpful tool for finding FM. You, can use whatever flips your switch.[/quote]

I'm fine with your last post. I still think you're guilty but that post didn't bother me. I don't think anything you said was WIFOM and I think they were valid observations. Now whether I think they came from the mouth of a guilty player or not is a completely different story.

However, I completely disagree with your comments regarding us "disrespecting" other people's playstyles. If you look at the games lost to the FM, it's because players with the "wait and see" "vibes" or lurker playstyles are generally left alive til the end and as a result, they're lynched due to no visible information within their posts that help discern alignment. If you post about everyone, post everything that you notice whether big or small and generally help try to find FM, chances are that at the end of the game, it'll be much easier to determine who are the FM and who aren't.

I play the game with the idea that all information on day 1 is helpful. Most people play the game with the idea that day 1 is pointless cause it doesn't always yield satisfactory results. That's the difference between you and me and it's why I "try too hard" on day 1.

Anyway, at the end of the day, bullying you isn't because we're disrespecting you, it's because we want information for the future. Refusing to provide that information just makes it seem like you're hiding something or scared of forming connections.

Oh and one more thing. If you're going to criticize people for "disrespecting" playstyles, look in the mirror. Calling me "Action Jackson" is condescending in nature and does exactly what you're criticizing others of doing.

[quote name='Teafa' post='1353697' date='May 13 2008, 14.21']I was the 2nd vote on you. I'd hardly call that a "pile-on". If I wanted to pile on to a candidate, maybe I should have picked someone who already had more than one vote on them, like Varden or Brigid. Plus, you're tied with Brigid right now, so your getting lynched is hardly a certainty.[/quote]

Several people said they were willing to vote for me, and clearly still may. At the time, it felt like a groundswell that you were trying to capitalize on. It still does, a little.

At least you don't deny that you had no original thoughts and were simply following what others had said about me.

Archived