Mini Game 51.25

Lannister Guard

[quote name='Dreyken' post='1357033' date='May 15 2008, 17.03']I really don't like how quick Riona jumped on that.

I rather go to night. Simple reason is while I think you're innocent Marga, I don't know. You could just be playing a fantastic game. You could be partners with Naomh and Riona and that scares me if we lynch Varden. I'd rather go to night and die or have you die so at least the threat of you being partnered with someone else isn't there.

I'm paranoid.[/quote]
I don't like it either. I am still willing to go to night..but I am feeling very good about Varden being guilty (I am posting a lot more soon) and I would prefer we be able to have a chance of gaining a lynch with a proper heal or guard if we lynch today.

[quote name='Marga' post='1357039' date='May 15 2008, 17.08']I don't like it either. I am still willing to go to night..but I am feeling very good about Varden being guilty (I am posting a lot more soon) and I would prefer we be able to have a chance of gaining a lynch with a proper heal or guard if we lynch today.[/quote]

I understand what you're saying and if I knew you were innocent, I'd agree with the logic. But I don't and it scares me some...

I'll think on it.

[quote name='Marga' post='1357032' date='May 15 2008, 22.02'][b]Remove vote[/b], I fully believe in Varden being guilty, but I don't want to risk hammering at all.

eta-

Huh? If we have a choice of voting tomorrow (meaning no guard or heal) then that means Varden is evil and he is much more likely to be partnered with Brighid over Naomh.[/quote]

Or that Ogan was guilty, no?

edit: I'm accused of tunnelling on Ogan being guilty, but we can't write it off. If we lynch var and see tomorrow, one of var and ogan were guilty. Simple as that really.

Here is a collection of Varden/Brighid posts. For the day 1 stuff, remember the mods posted 50minutes before the day end and said it would end at 9:15GMT.
[quote name='Várden' post='1353789' date='May 13 2008, 16.03']So we are 2 votes from one lynch and 3 from the other, then Cargan and I are the stragglers but still not too far from a lynch if the right momentum comes. I would be willing to vote Brighid to avoid a no lynch, even though I don't feel too strongly on the case compared to others.

Are we on agreement that we would prefer a lynch on the first day or no?[/quote]
His vote is on Cargan and points out Brighid is 2 votes away. The day is 12 minutes from being over and he is willing to switch to avoid a no lynch, this is the time to switch (if not before). However, he doesn't feel that strongly on the case compared to others and he asks if we think we should consider avoiding a lynch altogether.

[quote name='Várden' post='1353807' date='May 13 2008, 16.09']And I agree Teafa, but if we want to avoid a no lynch and the Brighid voters can't be moved, [u]Brighid is as close as it gets right now. [/u]

[u]Any Brighid voters willing to change over?[/u] Either way I just think we should come to a consensus on one lynch.[/quote]
6 minutes until the end of the day. Mentions again that Brighid is closest to being lynched, but then again asks if any Brighid voters would change their votes. Asks again that we come to a consensus on one lynch. Well, Varden, more people are choosing Brighid at this point, what more do you want?
[quote name='Várden' post='1353822' date='May 13 2008, 16.14']I'd join you but that's where my vote already is.

If we can't get Cargan lynched we have to choose between Brighid and Naomh as the closest other lynches. [u]They are already close, if people haven't voted for Cargan this far today, I doubt they will be switched over.[/u][/quote]
5 minutes later Varden admits he doesn't think people will switch to Cargan. So why hasn't he switched to Naomh or Brighid in order to get a lynch done??

[quote name='Várden' post='1353893' date='May 13 2008, 16.45']Yeah, [u]if Ogan or someone had spoke up a little sooner I was ready to vote B[/u], I was just trying to get confirmation that if I voted Brighid someone else would actually follow so we could get a lynch as opposed to a no lynch. [u]I guess I should have [/u]got off my ass and [u]just voted for Brighid right then and there[/u], but I was trying to determine who could be swayed to vote where to get a lynch. [u]At the time it did not seem like people were too keen on it.[/u][/quote]
People didn't seem to keen to vote for someone that was 2 votes (closest) away from lynching. I am not buying this at all at this point and frankly I am very frustrated that we jumped on Ogan for his behavior and let Varden get a free pass when Varden was even worse. Varden's vote was even later than Ogan's (Varden voted a full 4 minutes after the deadline).

[quote name='Várden' post='1354042' date='May 13 2008, 19.09']Well, yeah, I already had my vote on Cargan who you were trying to switch a vote over to. But, I saw that with your vote we still only had 3, building up [u]3 more would have been much more difficult than getting 2 built on the 4 already on Brighid.[/u] With so little time left things should have just been done differently. But, I already said I screwed up too by not voting sooner in the first place. It was just that if you were willing to do a desperation vote in the end to get a lynch, [u]maybe you should have done it before with so little time left, or at least let me know you were willing.[/u][/quote]
Once again, this all gets put on Ogan when Varden did the exact same thing. Varden acknowledges that Cargan was not likely to be lynched and that Brighid was, but somehow still didn't switch.

[quote name='Brighid' post='1354840' date='May 14 2008, 10.22']Ok, this happened last night, just before the day ended. First, Ogan starts his Cargan campaign:

Then Varden makes a post:

At this point Varden's vote is on... Cargan. He is clearly ready to switch vote to get a lynch through, and both me and Naomh seems like likely candidates. He doesn't mention Naomh, but he asks if anyone voting for me is willing to switch - and pretty much the only other realistic candidate at this point is Naomh. This makes it seem like he's more ready to vote Naomh than me.

And what happens just afterwards? Ogan votes Cargan, which gets him to 3 votes, equal to Naomh. What I'm getting at is that Naomh and Ogan are partnered and Ogan started (really) pushing Cargan in order to make sure the Naomh lynch didn't go through. With Cargan equal to Naomh, Varden has less incentive to switch to a Naomh lynch. He could instead hope others "see thel ight" and vote Cargan, or go for me.

So [b]Ogan[/b] pulled of a trick in order to avoid Naomh getting lynched. Getting no lynch in addition was just a bonus.[/quote]
Here Bridgid makes a case on Ogan and somehow points out that Varden seems innocent in all of this. How exactly is Ogan more guilty than Varden? Brighid believes that Naomh and Ogan are partnered despite the fact that Ogan could have switched and pushed her (Brighid). She says Varden had less incentive to switch to Naomh, I'm not sure why that is..but she doesn't even mention anything about why Varden wouldn't vote for her (Brighid).

[quote name='Várden' post='1355163' date='May 14 2008, 13.56']I will admit that time that people were up for lynching, Ogan, (once removing his vote from me, the then lowest voted player) is a little odd, but I'm not ready just yet to lay a vote down over for that. Along with this, I reread something I missed before that Brighid pointed out in a quote, where he actually preferred Naomh over Brighid (who was a vote below her I believe) once again going for the next lowest vote person, to try and make a no lynch? To protect a potential partner? Who knows. But he consistently was on a vote for the current least voted person or preferring that until the very end where he cast his vote on Brighid. As far as my actions there, I did not prefer either Brighid or Naomh over each other beyond which one was closer to a lynch, besides the fact that Naomh was slightly more suspicious (IMO), but I was then prepared to vote for either. I am inclined to think that due to the failure of the lynching that of the main people we had up to lynch, there could have been a FM on the chopping block.[/quote]
Here Varden is pushing suspicion on Ogan for things that he did himself. Varden put his vote on Cargan (lowest voted player) and said himself that he preferred a Naomh lynch over Brighid and said explicitly that he didn't like the Brighid case as much as others. Varden here lies in saying he didn't prefer Brighid or Naomh because he had said before that he didn't like Brighid as much as the other cases out there.
Earlier he had said:
[quote name='Várden' post='1353739' date='May 13 2008, 15.44']I'll go look back at Marga's post after I eat, but based on what we have so far, I think that if we want a lynch the first day it is best to go with Cargan or Naomh. I would prefer Cargan, but if we just need to go for a lynch, I would be willing to switch over. I am not feeling any "vibes" on Naomh, but if we need the lynch I'll go for that.[/quote]
He prefered to vote for Cargan or Naomh.

[quote name='Brighid' post='1355293' date='May 14 2008, 15.48']All right...

Fionn has been very quiet. Yesterday he voted Cargan, because of the vibe stuff and he started the day (if it wasn't still night) asking for more scrutiny on himself. Didn't want to lynch me, so he said that him not being around at the end of the day didn't matter. Pretty much all there is. Not much to say about him, really. Should post more, is too quiet.

Dreyken I like. Doesn't post too much, but what he posts is sensible stuff. Called Naomh out on being in the middle of the road, left half an hour before the day ended with his vote still on Naomh. Generally I like his posts, nothing that stands out to me.

Marga I... sort of like. As I said earlier, I am suspicious of agressive players, and this is especially true when I'm the target for this agression ;) However, don't believe she is evil.

Riona is currently the highest poster, and I find this sort of strange. Somehow her posts doesn't make much of an impression on me, though I do remember the avatar around on a few posts. Points out the benefits of a no lynch for the killers. Sounds like a sensible player.

Ok, I have to go do something else. Teafa and Varden remains. Not much to say about Teafa, Varden has turned out to be sensible, after being away for much of day 1.[/quote]
Here Brighid makes a post about everyone but Ogan/Naomh (as asked by Teafa) and thinks everyone is innocent or should talk more. Good stuff. The connections I've pointed out here pretty much speak for themselves.

[quote name='Naomh' post='1356950' date='May 15 2008, 22.03']I felt suspicious of all the irritating bully players on D1. Marga has since receded in my suspicions. It's called "not locking in on your opinion based on your D1 suspicions".

What kind of FM would come to the aid of their *sole* partner who is by far the top lynch candidate today?[/quote]

I know, I was just making an observation on that. I already said I was only on page 4. And your question answers itself. What kind of FM would come to the aid of their partner right now? Exactly, it is not an expected move. I was just noting a [u]possible[/u] connection, not something set in stone that makes me want to lynch. Marga is coming after me now, which I know is a mistake. I just see it as a little odd she has no interest in voting you at all, but from what she explained from her reasoning I sort of understand it, even if I don't agree.

[quote name='Marga' post='1356959' date='May 15 2008, 22.09']Wow, you are quite the sleuth. How many people here would like to vote for me today? I'm pretty sure that Naomh isn't alone. As for me refusing to vote for Naomh, that is because it seems as the Naomh's only possible partner (from my POV) is Ogan. I'm not willing to put all my eggs in one basket and basically vote under the assumption that we picked out a partnership because, frankly, I don't think that partnership is that likely either.[/quote]

I'm not asking you to frantically vote at all, don't vote for anyone if you want, there are other options, as well as night. Also, where did I say I was going to vote you? I still have a lot of my reread to do, but on what I have so far, I would vote for Brighid or Naomh right now (Being a tad more suspicious about Naomh the whole game so far), or go to night, since it would lower the suspect pool and give us a greater chance of lynching a FM. It's not like I'm sold on you.

I feel a little better about you since you pulled your vote once Riona jumped on it quickly. But now I am going to go back and read another page and check back for new replies.

[quote name='Dreyken' post='1357044' date='May 15 2008, 17.09']I understand what you're saying and if I knew you were innocent, I'd agree with the logic. But I don't and it scares me some...

I'll think on it.[/quote]
I understand...I probably shouldn't be trusting you as much as I am right now, but frankly if you are guilty...firstly that would suck. Second of all, if you weren't partnered with Varden you could have joined Riona and I without much issue I don't think and be well on your way to winning.

[quote name='Riona' post='1357045' date='May 15 2008, 17.09']edit: I'm accused of tunnelling on Ogan being guilty, but we can't write it off. If we lynch var and see tomorrow, one of var and ogan were guilty. Simple as that really.[/quote]
Duh.

[quote name='Riona' post='1357080' date='May 15 2008, 17.46']If it's so duh, why did you make it clear that it was odd that i might prefer naomh to brighid, seeing as if we see tomorrow, varden was guilty?[/quote]
Duh that if we are alive tomorrow it means that Ogan or Varden were guilty. :P

To be honest, I really don't think Naomh was partnered with Ogan. It would have been much easier for him (or Varden) to simply vote for Brighid rather than vote late.

Here are Brighid's posts today.
[quote name='Brighid' post='1355842' date='May 15 2008, 00.42']*Yawn*

Ok, you guys got this one without me.[/quote]
Annoying.
[quote name='Brighid' post='1356778' date='May 15 2008, 14.45']Guys, I'm sorry for being quiet. Today is a big day in a few ways, so I've been preoccupied...

Anyway, I still think a Naomh lynch is a sound idea, and there was something about Riona this morning that bugged me, though I can't place my finger at it (least of all now).[/quote]
Admits they've been busy, ok..I suppose that is a decent reason for being quiet but still. Wants to lynch Naomh and thinks there is something about Riona that bugged her.
[quote name='Brighid' post='1356861' date='May 15 2008, 15.24']I went to bed when there was still 5 or so hours left. I even turned my alarm on to get on before the day ended. I was prepared to vote, but thought it would be best to wait, so we (well, you guys, I was sleeping) could get as much out of the day as possible. So, I was prepared to vote, but never had to.[/quote]
At least she has time to come on and defend herself....

I think Brighid is, by a fairly large margin, the most likely partner for Ogan and absolutely could be partners with Varden. I think it makes the most sense for us to lynch Varden today and then lynch Brighid tomorrow.

eta-
This post keeps coming back and bothering me:
[quote name='Brighid' post='1354416' date='May 14 2008, 02.44']Cargan dead is not really surprising, as he basically made no connection to other players. He didn't like Varden but only for inexplicable vibes - so we really don't have much to go on.

However, I'm really surprised at all you people saying you didn't know how much time was left. There was a mod post about 50 minutes before the end saying that the day would end at a specific time, for two different time zones no less. Yes, you might be off a minute or two on your personal clock, but you really should be aware that the day was almost up. As such, I find Ogan's attempt to get Cargan lynched very strange. But, why would he do that if evil? Just because he wanted to give us a no-lynch? I'm not really certain the pay-off is big enough, he's getting a lot of pressure. The other option is that one of the possible lynchees was his partner. Well, it's not me so then it would have to be Naomh. But why not just place a vote on me, ensuring I'm lynched then? Am I overlooking something?

All in all, I'd say that Ogan's actions were damn suspicious, but they don't entirely make sense either. I'm not really certain what I think of him.[/quote]
The first part feels very coached. Brighid admitted she was inexperienced and much of what she has said has seemed that way, except for this night kill analysis. It reeks of a repitition of her and her partner's reasons for killing Cargan.

Here again, Ogan is very suspicious for doing all things that Varden did as well. Is the payoff big enough? Well if one of the possible lynchees was his partner. Just like Varden.

[quote name='Marga' post='1357070' date='May 15 2008, 23.37']Here is a collection of Varden/Brighid posts. For the day 1 stuff, remember the mods posted 50minutes before the day end and said it would end at 9:15GMT.

His vote is on Cargan and points out Brighid is 2 votes away. The day is 12 minutes from being over and he is willing to switch to avoid a no lynch, this is the time to switch (if not before). However, he doesn't feel that strongly on the case compared to others and he asks if we think we should consider avoiding a lynch altogether.[/quote]

The question was not posed as "should we consider avoiding a lynch altogether," that was a rhetorical statement meaning "we want a lynch" and basically calling out to other players to see if they agreed. Hence the "are we on agreement" part.

[quote]6 minutes until the end of the day. Mentions again that Brighid is closest to being lynched, but then again asks if any Brighid voters would change their votes. Asks again that we come to a consensus on one lynch. Well, Varden, more people are choosing Brighid at this point, what more do you want?

5 minutes later Varden admits he doesn't think people will switch to Cargan. So why hasn't he switched to Naomh or Brighid in order to get a lynch done??[/quote]

The vote count was still at 4 the last time I ever saw it, so no, no more people were choosing that, don't see what you're trying to say there.

22.14 was my last post before the day was up trying to get people to switch over. Because if not even 1 other person was going to switch over, my vote wouldn't matter. I had been asking them to but they had been ignoring me pretty much. [u]Teafa[/u] voted sometime after this post.

My next post was at 22.16, the deadline looking back I believe, the same time Ogan voted. I had not seen Teafa's vote at the time of making that reply, and if I had, just like Ogan I would have been a little late. The whole time I was asking people if they were willing to switch with me.

[quote]People didn't seem to keen to vote for someone that was 2 votes (closest) away from lynching. I am not buying this at all at this point and frankly I am very frustrated that we jumped on Ogan for his behavior and let Varden get a free pass when Varden was even worse. Varden's vote was even later than Ogan's (Varden voted a full 4 minutes after the deadline).[/quote]

Like I said, I was trying to ask people to get a vote going with me, hoping I would get an answer, because just 1 vote wouldn't have mattered.

[quote]Once again, this all gets put on Ogan when Varden did the exact same thing. Varden acknowledges that Cargan was not likely to be lynched and that Brighid was, but somehow still didn't switch.[/quote]

I think that was mainly due to the fact I was actively asking people would they vote over to Brig/Na, but Ogan was insisting on Cargan.

[quote]Here Bridgid makes a case on Ogan and somehow points out that Varden seems innocent in all of this. How exactly is Ogan more guilty than Varden? Brighid believes that Naomh and Ogan are partnered despite the fact that Ogan could have switched and pushed her (Brighid). She says Varden had less incentive to switch to Naomh, I'm not sure why that is..but she doesn't even mention anything about why Varden wouldn't vote for her (Brighid).[/quote]

I don't know why she would say that either, I was ready to vote for her, and still am if it comes down to it.

[quote]Here Varden is pushing suspicion on Ogan for things that he did himself. Varden put his vote on Cargan (lowest voted player) and said himself that he preferred a Naomh lynch over Brighid and said explicitly that he didn't like the Brighid case as much as others. Varden here lies in saying he didn't prefer Brighid or Naomh because he had said before that he didn't like Brighid as much as the other cases out there.
Earlier he had said:

He prefered to vote for Cargan or Naomh.[/quote]

When I voted Cargan, it's not like we were coming right up on the deadline. As for me lying, can you not read?! I said [i]As far as my actions there, I did not prefer either Brighid or Naomh over each other beyond which one was closer to a lynch, [u]besides the fact that Naomh was slightly more suspicious (IMO)[/u][/i]. I was ready to vote for either, and I stated that Naomh was slighly more suspicious to me. It is right in the post, in the same sentence.

It is day 3.

6 players remain: Brighid, Dreyken, Marga, Naomh, Riona, Varden.

4 votes are needed for a conviction or 3 to go to night.

1 vote for Varden (Riona)

5 players have not voted: Brighid, Dreyken, Marga, Naomh, Varden.

11.5 hours remain

I also have to leave for a little bit, I'm more than halfway through my reread.

At this point I have no vote but it is likely Brighid, Naomh, or night.

EDIT-We have about 11 hours left, at the latest I will be back in about 6 or 7 hours.

[quote name='Marga' post='1357070' date='May 15 2008, 16.37']People didn't seem to keen to vote for someone that was 2 votes (closest) away from lynching. I am not buying this at all at this point and frankly I am very frustrated that we jumped on Ogan for his behavior and let Varden get a free pass when Varden was even worse. Varden's vote was even later than Ogan's (Varden voted a full 4 minutes after the deadline).[/quote]

I don't think Varden was worse. Ogan spent a considerable amount of time trying to get people to switch to Cargan whereas Varden said he'd switch if someone else did it. However, I do agree it's just as bad and I even mentioned it a few times yesterday. I just didn't have the time to follow it.

[quote name='Marga']Here Brighid makes a post about everyone but Ogan/Naomh (as asked by Teafa) and thinks everyone is innocent or should talk more. Good stuff. The connections I've pointed out here pretty much speak for themselves.[/quote]

The connections are certainly there.

[quote name='Marga' post='1357093' date='May 15 2008, 16.55']The first part feels very coached. Brighid admitted she was inexperienced and much of what she has said has seemed that way, except for this night kill analysis. It reeks of a repitition of her and her partner's reasons for killing Cargan.[/quote]

Varden looks just as inexperienced as Brighid. I can't see him coaching her on a response.

The rest of your points are sound. I really do think you're innocent so I'm willing to trust my gut on this one. I will vote Varden today because it makes sense and it is by far the safest person we could lynch off. If you are really partnered with Naomh and played me, consider me very impressed.

I'll be around for a bit though so more discussion is good. I like Brighid as Varden's partner (based on all the connections Marga brought up) but at the same time, I still think it's possible for Ogan to be partnered to Naomh. I understand what you're saying in that he would have just voted Brighid but I'm not sure that's true. A no lynch really did benefit the FM there and to keep Brighid alive the next day, it created doubt on which one was the partner. Maybe I'm just tunnel-visioned on Naomh. I'll go reread the sequence of events again and see.

[quote name='Dreyken' post='1357239' date='May 15 2008, 19.46']Varden looks just as inexperienced as Brighid. I can't see him coaching her on a response.[/quote]
I suppose coaching is the wrong way to put it. More than whomever her partner is and her discussed the kill and decided that Cargan was a good kill for the very reasons that Brighid mentions on thread.
[quote name='Dreyken' post='1357239' date='May 15 2008, 19.46']The rest of your points are sound. I really do think you're innocent so I'm willing to trust my gut on this one. I will vote Varden today because it makes sense and it is by far the safest person we could lynch off. If you are really partnered with Naomh and played me, consider me very impressed.[/quote]
You keep saying this and it makes me feel I should be more paranoid of you. I'm going to suppress that thought because frankly it doesn't matter today in my mind and it likely won't tomorrow either.
[quote name='Dreyken' post='1357239' date='May 15 2008, 19.46']I'll be around for a bit though so more discussion is good. I like Brighid as Varden's partner (based on all the connections Marga brought up) but at the same time, I still think it's possible for Ogan to be partnered to Naomh. I understand what you're saying in that he would have just voted Brighid but I'm not sure that's true. A no lynch really did benefit the FM there and to keep Brighid alive the next day, it created doubt on which one was the partner. Maybe I'm just tunnel-visioned on Naomh. I'll go reread the sequence of events again and see.[/quote]
I really don't think that Naomh would be partnered with either Varden or Ogan. It would be so much easier for them to simply choose to lynch Brighid. Most people would have been very happy with that and wouldn't have questioned them on it much at all IMO.

I'll be around for awhile to discuss more as well.

[quote name='Marga' post='1357261' date='May 15 2008, 20.13']I suppose coaching is the wrong way to put it. More than whomever her partner is and her discussed the kill and decided that Cargan was a good kill for the very reasons that Brighid mentions on thread.[/quote]

Ahh I see. I thought you were saying that Varden coached the response.

[quote name='Marga']You keep saying this and it makes me feel I should be more paranoid of you. I'm going to suppress that thought because frankly it doesn't matter today in my mind and it likely won't tomorrow either.[/quote]

That's understandable. I can't help it though. I don't like being wrong.

[quote name='Marga']I really don't think that Naomh would be partnered with either Varden or Ogan. It would be so much easier for them to simply choose to lynch Brighid. Most people would have been very happy with that and wouldn't have questioned them on it much at all IMO.[/quote]

I don't think Naomh is partnered with Varden. I could see her partnered with Ogan though for the reasons I stated. However logic really does make it less likely of the two.

What do you think about Riona being partnered with Varden? He jumped on to Varden really fast after you did. It made me uneasy but I'm not sure how to interpret it. I can't see him being partnered with anyone really. It could have been a distancing ploy with Varden I guess but was it really necessary? I'm not sure it was.

[quote name='Várden' post='1357125' date='May 15 2008, 18.14']The question was not posed as "should we consider avoiding a lynch altogether," that was a rhetorical statement meaning "we want a lynch" and basically calling out to other players to see if they agreed. Hence the "are we on agreement" part.[/quote]
You didn't expressly say you wanted to avoid lynching, but you were still questioning whether we should lynch or not. It was not, "so are we going to lynch somebody or what?!" It didn't seem like you really conveyed that you were frustrated the lynch was in danger of not happening. If you really were so concerned then you would have switched to Brighid to bring her within one vote of being lynched. You may have wanted confirmation that people would switch, but it is pretty clear that getting one person to change to make the lynch go through is a lot easier and 2 or 3. Particularly with under 15/20 minutes left.
[quote name='Várden' post='1357125' date='May 15 2008, 18.14']The vote count was still at 4 the last time I ever saw it, so no, no more people were choosing that, don't see what you're trying to say there.[/quote]
Brighid had 4, Cargan had 3 (I think), and Naomh had 3. You could have easily made it 5 and then...
[quote name='Várden' post='1357125' date='May 15 2008, 18.14']22.14 was my last post before the day was up trying to get people to switch over. Because if not even 1 other person was going to switch over, my vote wouldn't matter. I had been asking them to but they had been ignoring me pretty much. [u]Teafa[/u] voted sometime after this post.[/quote]
...when Teafa switched to Brighid we would have had a lynch. There was no logical reason for your vote to remain on Cargan for as long as it did. Naomh would have been an odd choice, but still would have been better (at the time) than remaining on Cargan, particularly after you yourself said people weren't likely to switch.
[quote name='Várden' post='1357125' date='May 15 2008, 18.14']My next post was at 22.16, the deadline looking back I believe, the same time Ogan voted. I had not seen Teafa's vote at the time of making that reply, and if I had, just like Ogan I would have been a little late. The whole time I was asking people if they were willing to switch with me.[/quote]
This is just completely illogical. The strongest way for you to get someone to switch is to do it yourself. If you had put your vote on Brighid before, she would have been lynched. End of story.
[quote name='Várden' post='1357125' date='May 15 2008, 18.14']Like I said, I was trying to ask people to get a vote going with me, hoping I would get an answer, because just 1 vote wouldn't have mattered.[/quote]
Brighid was 1 vote away from being lynched. YOUR vote or Ogan's vote. I find it hard to believe that you voted 4 minutes after the deadline accidently. I just don't understand how you wouldn't be on top of how much time we had left.
[quote name='Várden' post='1357125' date='May 15 2008, 18.14']I think that was mainly due to the fact I was actively asking people would they vote over to Brig/Na, but Ogan was insisting on Cargan.[/quote]
You didn't even do it yourself. Why would other people?
[quote name='Várden' post='1357125' date='May 15 2008, 18.14']I don't know why she would say that either, I was ready to vote for her, and still am if it comes down to it.[/quote]
You weren't. You expressed that you didn't think the case on her was really that good and you dragged your heals in switching to vote. I just wish I was on at that time because I would have had a bullwhip all over you and Ogan getting you knuckleheads in line.
[quote name='Várden' post='1357125' date='May 15 2008, 18.14']When I voted Cargan, it's not like we were coming right up on the deadline. As for me lying, can you not read?! I said [i]As far as my actions there, I did not prefer either Brighid or Naomh over each other beyond which one was closer to a lynch, [u]besides the fact that Naomh was slightly more suspicious (IMO)[/u][/i]. I was ready to vote for either, and I stated that Naomh was slighly more suspicious to me. It is right in the post, in the same sentence.[/quote]
So you wouldn't prefer voting the person you found more suspicious? You really want me to believe that? Furthermore you were asking people if they would switch to Brighid OR Naomh when Brighid had more votes. If your preference was simply whomever had more votes you would have switched your vote to Brighid and been cracking the whip to get people to join and get a lynch done.

[quote name='Dreyken' post='1357275' date='May 15 2008, 20.25']Ahh I see. I thought you were saying that Varden coached the response.[/quote]
I did say the word 'coached' before, but that isn't exactly what I meant.
[quote name='Dreyken' post='1357275' date='May 15 2008, 20.25']That's understandable. I can't help it though. I don't like being wrong.[/quote]
Maybe you are busy now, but you are seeming a bit too laid back for my liking. Maybe I've just stolen all the heavy lifting for now..
[quote name='Dreyken' post='1357275' date='May 15 2008, 20.25']I don't think Naomh is partnered with Varden. I could see her partnered with Ogan though for the reasons I stated. However logic really does make it less likely of the two.[/quote]
Yes, it does :).
[quote name='Dreyken' post='1357275' date='May 15 2008, 20.25']What do you think about Riona being partnered with Varden? He jumped on to Varden really fast after you did. It made me uneasy but I'm not sure how to interpret it. I can't see him being partnered with anyone really. It could have been a distancing ploy with Varden I guess but was it really necessary? I'm not sure it was.[/quote]
It bothers me. If we have a guard I think they should choose between guarding Varden and Riona, but not tell us which one.

I felt like it might have been a distancing ploy, sort of a seeing the writing on the wall and getting there before it is abundantly clear that they were partnered. I'm not entirely sure. I need to look back some on Riona I suppose. I'm not really sure what to think of their post that was right before mine where they bring up Varden several times and almost word for word repeat twice that they "have no read still and that is dangerous".

Archived