Mini Game 51.25

Lannister Guard

[quote name='High Priestess' post='1353852' date='May 13 2008, 15.22']Sorry Teefa was the last vote that counted.

[b]Nobody was Lynched it is night.[/b]

I did have a crappy scene worked out for a lynch, but its no good now

Please send in your Night actions.[/quote]

Well, I would have preferred a lynch, but at least we have Ogan and Varden's votes to consider in the analysis. Maybe that will be just as good while making it as difficult as possible for the FM to NK the roled players.

[quote name='Naomh' post='1353853' date='May 13 2008, 15.23']I would say the "letter" since mods occasionally are absent on the exact ending of a day, but that shouldn't extend the day unless the mod has a reason to do so. Perhaps the mod absence is reason enough, but I wouldn't automatically think so. Players all know, or have the ability to determine when the day ends to the minute, so the mod shouldn't necessarily have to post in order to cut off the day.[/quote]

Well, I wouldn't say we have the ability to determine the ending of the day to the minute, since in the past the board clock has been off by up to 25 minutes and people's watches, computers, etc. vary by a few minutes as well.

But in general I would be opposed to allowing votes after the time limit as well. Procrastination is not something to be rewarded.

[quote name='�' post='1353854' date='May 13 2008, 21.25']I said before that I didn't have Brighid on my list and Naomh's last few posts were making sense to me. Cargan's last post was BS about more vibes. I'd rather vote for someone I suspect if we could do it. I don't think we did, tho. I saw High Priestess on-line and kept expecting a end post.[/quote]

So you saw a mod an, and knew the itme well enough to expect an end post?

Yet still tried to push a lynch that had no physical time to go through even if everyone agreed?

then jumped in with a vote, *just* too late by the clocks?

If we could vote in the night, your name would be in bold right about here.

[quote name='Teafa' post='1353858' date='May 13 2008, 22.26']Well, I wouldn't say we have the ability to determine the ending of the day to the minute, since in the past the board clock has been off by up to 25 minutes and people's watches, computers, etc. vary by a few minutes as well.

But in general I would be opposed to allowing votes after the time limit as well. Procrastination is not something to be rewarded.[/quote]

I was just wondering if it would count because Ogan's vote, looking back, was right before the mod post. If I had had any clue how short we were on time that way I probably would have voted Brighid faster, which is why I asked just exactly how much time we had left but no one knew I guess.

[quote name='Ógán' post='1353857' date='May 13 2008, 15.26']And Teafa, when you start showing up to play then you can start criticizing my play.[/quote]

Hello, I've been here, haven't I? You tried to arrange a last-minute new lynch train like 5 minutes before the end of day, claiming you didn't know how much time was left. But we definitely had less than 20 minutes left, and you needed 3 more votes. That's awfully risky. We had a no lynch anyway, but you simply increased the risk of no lynch occurring.

Granted, maybe I just think it's suspicious because you wanted to go after someone who I didn't suspect (Cargan). It's irritating though.

[quote name='Naomh' post='1353856' date='May 13 2008, 22.26']Well, I would have preferred a lynch, but at least we have Ogan and Varden's votes to consider in the analysis. Maybe that will be just as good while making it as difficult as possible for the FM to NK the roled players.[/quote]

My vote was just to avoid a no lynch. Unless some more reasoning or evidence is brought up, I think I'll probably want to vote for either Cargan again or Naomh/Brighid if people are so inclined. I just hope missing a lynch won't hurt us too much.

[quote name='Ógán' post='1353854' date='May 13 2008, 16.25']I said before that I didn't have Brighid on my list and Naomh's last few posts were making sense to me. Cargan's last post was BS about more vibes. I'd rather vote for someone I suspect if we could do it. I don't think we did, tho. I saw High Priestess on-line and kept expecting a end post.[/quote]
The moment I laid my vote on Brighid, it was either Brighid or nobody unless someone showed up in the nick of time to put a fourth vote on Naomh. The chances of pulling off a lynch on me were nonexistent from the get-go, and I'm a little concerned that you even tried.

Even if Brighid wasn't on your short list, so long as she wasn't on your CI list--and only an FM would have a CI list at this point--she'd be in lynching grounds for you. I also find it a bit interesting that Naomh's "last few posts" were making sense. Well, yes, I'd imagine an FM nearing a Day 1 lynch would have to get off their ass and start making sense ASAP. It neither negates nor undoes any of her middle-roading earlier in the game.

[quote name='Teafa' post='1353858' date='May 13 2008, 15.26']Well, I wouldn't say we have the ability to determine the ending of the day to the minute, since in the past the board clock has been off by up to 25 minutes and people's watches, computers, etc. vary by a few minutes as well.

But in general I would be opposed to allowing votes after the time limit as well. Procrastination is not something to be rewarded.[/quote]

I don't know if I have experienced this phenomenon of time differences yet.

One thing I have noticed is that if I were reading the thread while logged in as my true alt or as a guest, the clock has one time, and then if I log in as my game alt, the clock has a different time. However, I have not had any time issues when I only use the clock that is showing when I log in as the game alt.

Maybe that is the problem people are having? If this is true, it can be even more complicated by game mods that use both time references when giving time status reports to us.

I think you saw my Alt on line as one of your Mods had RL commitments (the other was no online) and had to leave a few mins before the end of day. Sometimes the board leaves your name at the bottom of the thread if you leave but don't log off.

[quote name='Naomh' post='1353872' date='May 13 2008, 16.32']I don't know if I have experienced this phenomenon of time differences yet.[/quote]

Not time differences within the board clock, but if the mods say "This day will end at 15:00 EST" I can't say for sure whether whatever clock they're using to call time is the same as the one I use to keep time. I don't know if it's the same as the one on the board, which isn't very helpful anyway as the last hour's worth of posts don't come with timestamps, but with "X minutes ago" markers, which relies on the viewer having recently refreshed the screen. Whenever I mod, I used my own clock, although I've tended to give a minute or two leeway at the end of a day to account for people's home clocks being slightly different than my own. :dunno:

In any case, the mods had announced around 20 minutes left in the day. It's a stupid time to try to rearrange lynch mobs, and it makes Ogan look bad.

[quote name='Cargan' post='1353871' date='May 13 2008, 22.32']The moment I laid my vote on Brighid, it was either Brighid or nobody unless someone showed up in the nick of time to put a fourth vote on Naomh. The chances of pulling off a lynch on me were nonexistent from the get-go, and I'm a little concerned that you even tried.

Even if Brighid wasn't on your short list, so long as she wasn't on your CI list--and only an FM would have a CI list at this point--she'd be in lynching grounds for you. I also find it a bit interesting that Naomh's "last few posts" were making sense. Well, yes, I'd imagine an FM nearing a Day 1 lynch would have to get off their ass and start making sense ASAP. It neither negates nor undoes any of her middle-roading earlier in the game.[/quote]

Yeah, if Ogan or someone had spoke up a little sooner I was ready to vote B, I was just trying to get confirmation that if I voted Brighid someone else would actually follow so we could get a lynch as opposed to a no lynch. I guess I should have got off my ass and just voted for Brighid right then and there, but I was trying to determine who could be swayed to vote where to get a lynch. At the time it did not seem like people were too keen on it.

I reread Brigid a little bit just now (not all the way back, just the last couple of pages) and I don't share the suspicions that so many seem to have about her. So, even if I was around, I probably would not have voted for her.

During the next day I think I'll look at Ogan's posts. Something about what just happened sits wrong with me and I want to go back and look closely before I just vote on vibes.

I also wouldn't mind if I got a little more scrutiny. I have been very under-the-radar so far today mainly because I don't really have the time to make long cases so my posts are limited to small observations like this one. Right away I can see someone exploiting some of my actions to create a partnership with Vargen or just generally being a low-flying FM. Just pointing that out to say that it's not true before someone else claims it is.

ETA: I'm going to be MIA for a bit, so my post count is going to go down even further relative to the other posters. I'll try to be as constructive as I can when I can get to the board.

[quote name='Fionn' post='1353904' date='May 13 2008, 16.52']I also wouldn't mind if I got a little more scrutiny.[/quote]
You are at the top of my reread list after Teafa. Sadly, I've gone through entire games without ever touching my reread list for lack of time, but you still hold the #2 spot there nonetheless.

[quote name='Fionn' post='1353904' date='May 13 2008, 22.52']I also wouldn't mind if I got a little more scrutiny. I have been very under-the-radar so far today mainly because I don't really have the time to make long cases so my posts are limited to small observations like this one. Right away I can see someone exploiting some of my actions to create a partnership with Vargen or just generally being a low-flying FM. Just pointing that out to say that it's not true before someone else claims it is.

ETA: I'm going to be MIA for a bit, so my post count is going to go down even further relative to the other posters. I'll try to be as constructive as I can when I can get to the board.[/quote]
Nice to offer yourself up, but in this game I don't think it necessarily helps. Probably should just let speculations and scrutiny go as directed without saying anything like that.

Do you know roughly how long you'll be gone? I've got to leave in about 5 minutes but I'll be back in an hour. It would be nice to know when to expect a player who won't be stopping in for a while.

[quote name='Cargan' post='1353915' date='May 13 2008, 23.02']I wouldn't worry too much about it, Varden. It's night anyhow, and it doesn't look like it's going to be a quick night, unfortunately.[/quote]

Yeah, I know what you're saying.

Well I'm going to go for a jog, but I will be back within 1 to 2 hours. Maybe before depending.

[quote name='Riona' post='1353862' date='May 13 2008, 16.29']So you saw a mod an, and knew the itme well enough to expect an end post?

Yet still tried to push a lynch that had no physical time to go through even if everyone agreed?

then jumped in with a vote, *just* too late by the clocks?

If we could vote in the night, your name would be in bold right about here.[/quote]

What? Yes, I saw a mod on and tried to get a consensus on lynching Cargan. Last time I looked you said you would to avoid a no-lynch.

So tomorrow you'll get the chance. Have at it.

[quote name='�' post='1353959' date='May 13 2008, 22.35']What? Yes, I saw a mod on and tried to get a consensus on lynching Cargan. Last time I looked you said you would to avoid a no-lynch.

So tomorrow you'll get the chance. Have at it.[/quote]

I'd really rather lynch the man who started a counter-train with a couple of minutes to go, then "voted2 the "hammer vote" a minute after the day ended.

All too convinient. Make people stop and think rather than dropping the hammer, then fake drop it yourself once safe.

[quote name='Riona' post='1353984' date='May 14 2008, 00.09']I'd really rather lynch the man who started a counter-train with a couple of minutes to go, then "voted2 the "hammer vote" a minute after the day ended.

All too convinient. Make people stop and think rather than dropping the hammer, then fake drop it yourself once safe.[/quote]

I just wish Teafa or Ogan would have spoke up a little sooner when I was searching for a second vote to go along with mine.

Archived