ASoIaF: The Pen-and-Paper RPG

I mean that it make no sense that they keep shipping the 2009 edition instead of the one people bought. I understand that they had a problem, but as a customer who bought a certain product, I cant careless about their internal cost consideration. If I had missed that thread and bought the 2011 edition and got the 2009 edition instead, it would have been sent back with demand for compensation(book+cost of shipping it back).

To me the "waiting out until the first print run sells" sounds like wait until enough "suckers" will buy it and keep it.

I don't think that's how Green Ronin would put it, but yes, that would be the effective end result. But Green Ronin aren't a huge company and probably can't afford to bear the loss of thousands of dollars pulping the entire line would cost them.

• 1 month later...

So I'm looking at running a campaign for A Song of Ice and Fire Roleplaying (Green Ronin edition) and was wondering what everyone thought of it. Typos and mistakes aside I would like to know how the game runs, are the mechanics good and generally any positives and negatives to take from the game. I'm in the process of reading through the campaign and rulebooks.

Archived