Succession issues - input needed

Gampie

I think the Dwarf as a General works. With the savages of course. And The Hound as well, he has led sortees and defends the city until fire scares him off. I'd also say Ser Arys Oakheart, he's exceptionally loyal, and the Kingsguard exists to protect the King, Id say it wouldnt be much of a strech for them to lead his armies. Hahaha if you wanted to be funny you could put in Ser Boros Blount, but youd have to make him a coward and crazy low loyalty. Keep in mind with that the Kingsgaurd should be infertile or something to represent the vows they took.

Well, let's see. For Joffrey's faction we have Joff himself, Tommen, Janos Slynt and Tyrion. That makes four generals. Enough for a faction the size of Joffrey. Note that he will get a lot of adoption offers and that his faction will be in no time to 8-10 generals.
Sandor is Joffrey's bodyguard and is an ancillary. The other Kingsguards will be ancillaries as well although I don't have an image yet that can represent them altogether. If I add them all separately Joff will end up having 14 ancillaries or so. And that's a bit too much.

[quote]The other Kingsguards will be ancillaries as well although I don't have an image yet that can represent them altogether.[/quote]
If you mena you don't know what that trait should do... here is an idea: make 2 ancillaries, Kingsguards (whitecloaks) and Rainbowguards and give them to Renly and Joffrey's faction leaders.

As bodyguards, they should give HP and security to their "owners".
As fierce and renown warriors (some even as commanders) they could give a small bonus to order (by law factor, though Kingslanding riot dismisses this one ;) ) or one of those: army morale/command/authority.

This ancillarie should be non-compatible with ones as veteran warrior, berseker and those ones adding battle partners or the general woud end having tons of combat ancillaries. Of course, people as Sandor would be an exception.

Other way woud be making them less powerfull but give them to heirs and princesses too, as those corps were expected to protect the royal family, not only the king.

So on, the political side would be the council (only for Joffrey) and hands (only for Renly and Stannis). But this one doesn't convinces even me. :P

Concerning Tyrion, I think it's possible to do a simple script to spawn him on Arryn lands after a few turns. Just copy the Eddard script and fill in the blanks: the random numbers, the actual position he'll spawn, the units he'll spawn with etc. Oh and don't forget the event description in the historic_events.txt

For adoptions, Marcus' solution before was to set the minimum adoption age in descr_campaign_db to like 120 so they die the next turn. This way the actual Westeros characters and bloodlines won't get blot out by pig boy Pates from nowhere. On the other hand, this creates problems for factions like Stannis and Renly, who have literally no family members. It might mess up the AI's family tree as well, since they'll still adopt everyone they see.

On ancilleries, they are limited to eight per character, so Kingsguard/Rainbows have to be limited to one. In the older version I made Kingsguard an office ancillary to give to generals, but I guess that's not going to work in the simplified version.

[quote]On ancilleries, they are limited to eight per character, so Kingsguard/Rainbows have to be limited to one. In the older version I made Kingsguard an office ancillary to give to generals, but I guess that's not going to work in the simplified version.[/quote]

I meant to create those ancillaries reflecting the 7 men (and Brienne for Renly) of each guard in a single ancillarie; not to create one ancillary per royal guard. This way it only uses one slot and can be given to royal family members if wanted to.

I've created a generic Kingsguard ancillary which will be bestowed upon the character which has the 'King on the Iron Throne' ancillary. And this King on the Iron Throne thing will only be given to the faction leader of the faction which controls King's Landing. I'll see if I can get it to work that the Kingsguard is also given to the faction heir.

[quote]It might mess up the AI's family tree as well, since they'll still adopt everyone they see.[/quote]
Yeah, each turn Renly and Stannis get adoption offers and they'll fill their 4 children slots with dead adopted generals. Maybe if Renly is fast enough he can procreate a child before a fourth adoption happens. I think I'll stick with the current situation. Adoption is not superbad, it's just the frequency that is an annoyance.

[quote name='Gampie' post='1386321' date='Jun 6 2008, 03.21']Yeah, each turn Renly and Stannis get adoption offers and they'll fill their 4 children slots with dead adopted generals. Maybe if Renly is fast enough he can procreate a child before a fourth adoption happens. I think I'll stick with the current situation. Adoption is not superbad, it's just the frequency that is an annoyance.[/quote]

Well at least the adoption process is optional for accepting the generals. Otherwise it would suck.

Archived