Mafia 52: Doctor Who

House Targaryen

[quote name='House Yarwyck' post='1361736' date='May 20 2008, 14.27']Grandison - your flippant attitude and smiley responses do little to convince me of your sincerity. There's been some more responses from other players. Nothing new or is Tarbeck still your top lynch candidate? Cos I see you listing suspicions of a number of players for reasons stated by other players but your vote is on Tarbeck because "the mods wouldn't let you vote for everyone"? Are you ready yet to narrow your choices a bit?[/quote]

I need to have a look at Royce and Hunter yet, but so far I'd say the two most suspicious players are Coldwater and Footly. Both avoided the recent discussion.

Here is Coldwater's contribution:

[quote name='House Coldwater' post='1361310' date='May 20 2008, 04.20']Or Sarsfield?

Probably because he cut and pasted from the Master's last update and did not include those with votes cast against others.

Could be an evil clue though. You never know.[/quote]

and here Footly is making an earthshattering analysis:

[quote name='House Footly' post='1361396' date='May 20 2008, 05.28']Hah, he is too serious about being too serious seems to be the case.[/quote]

:unsure:

edit: moved the smiley on the right place

[quote name='House Yarwyck' post='1361790' date='May 20 2008, 09.09']THe rules aren't terribly specific at all about what roles are in play so I think it's counter-productive to assume there aren't symps. Regardless, I'm going to vote for the most suspicious player on D1 and I'm NOT going to say "Well, he's probably just a symp so let's vote for someone else."[/quote]

That's fine with me but I won't vote for someone based on the justification that they could be a symp when we're not even sure symps are in the game. It's a distraction and I don't like distractions.

[quote name='House Dondarrion' post='1361799' date='May 20 2008, 06.15']That's fine with me but I won't vote for someone based on the justification that they could be a symp when we're not even sure symps are in the game. It's a distraction and I don't like distractions.[/quote]

I'm not sure I understand this. I could see you saying "I can see Grandison acting suspicious and looks like it may be a symp clue to Vyrwel, but I'm not going to vote Vyrwel because I don't even know if there are symps." But the fact that Grandison is acting suspicious (you can call it sympy or whatever) doesn't mean that you shouldn't vote for Grandison in this scenario. That is in line with how I am voting now, as opposed to Royce who wanted to vote for Vyrwel.

[quote name='House Yarwyck' post='1361812' date='May 20 2008, 09.22']I'm not sure I understand this. I could see you saying "I can see Grandison acting suspicious and looks like it may be a symp clue to Vyrwel, but I'm not going to vote Vyrwel because I don't even know if there are symps." But the fact that Grandison is acting suspicious (you can call it sympy or whatever) doesn't mean that you shouldn't vote for Grandison in this scenario. That is in line with how I am voting now, as opposed to Royce who wanted to vote for Vyrwel.[/quote]

Did I ever say that Grandison was acting suspicious? Did I ever question the fact that you were calling Grandison suspicious? The answer to both questions is no and I don't understand how you can even infer that the answer could be any different. Read what I say, discuss what I say, but please do not attribute statements to me that I never even thought about.

The simple fact is that two people, yourself and Royce, have discussed Grandison being a symp. You have specifically said that you refuse to not vote someone who could be a symp because they could be a symp. The key factor in both of these cases is that you're looking for a symp and basing your suspicion on the fact that he is a symp. I don't like it. Symps act a lot differently than FM and I don't want to go on a symp finding tour when there isn't a single indication that there could be a symp in the game. It becomes a wild goose chase and one that would most likely lead us in a direction that we don't want to go.

If you say that Grandison is suspicious because he's doing so and so then vote, no problems. If you say that Grandison is suspicious because he's a potential symp, well, that's not fine to me.

[quote name='House Yarwyck' post='1361812' date='May 20 2008, 15.22']I'm not sure I understand this. I could see you saying "I can see Grandison acting suspicious and looks like it may be a symp clue to Vyrwel, but I'm not going to vote Vyrwel because I don't even know if there are symps." But the fact that Grandison is acting suspicious (you can call it sympy or whatever) doesn't mean that you shouldn't vote for Grandison in this scenario. That is in line with how I am voting now, as opposed to Royce who wanted to vote for Vyrwel.[/quote]

You are very confident about my guilt for someone who has only a few informations. Could it be that you are the one who is distracting the rest here?

[quote name='House Grandison' post='1361797' date='May 20 2008, 09.14']I need to have a look at Royce and Hunter yet, but so far I'd say the two most suspicious players are Coldwater and Footly. Both avoided the recent discussion.

Here is Coldwater's contribution:

and here Footly is making an earthshattering analysis:

:unsure:

edit: moved the smiley on the right place[/quote]

That's some good evidence right there. But remember, there may be more than one. I'm sticking with Dondarrion.

[quote name='House Sarsfield' post='1361829' date='May 20 2008, 09.32']That's some good evidence right there. But remember, there may be more than one. I'm sticking with Dondarrion.[/quote]
What was your reasoning again? I must have missed it when I skimmed the thread.

[quote name='House Dondarrion' post='1361831' date='May 20 2008, 08.33']What was your reasoning again? I must have missed it when I skimmed the thread.[/quote]
I have subtle reasons that I developed through psychoanalyzing your post. They are far too complicated to be understood by mortal beings.

[quote name='House Dondarrion' post='1361826' date='May 20 2008, 15.30']Did I ever say that Grandison was acting suspicious? Did I ever question the fact that you were calling Grandison suspicious? The answer to both questions is no and I don't understand how you can even infer that the answer could be any different. Read what I say, discuss what I say, but please do not attribute statements to me that I never even thought about.

The simple fact is that two people, yourself and Royce, have discussed Grandison being a symp. You have specifically said that you refuse to not vote someone who could be a symp because they could be a symp. The key factor in both of these cases is that you're looking for a symp and basing your suspicion on the fact that he is a symp. I don't like it. Symps act a lot differently than FM and I don't want to go on a symp finding tour when there isn't a single indication that there could be a symp in the game. It becomes a wild goose chase and one that would most likely lead us in a direction that we don't want to go.

If you say that Grandison is suspicious because he's doing so and so then vote, no problems. If you say that Grandison is suspicious because he's a potential symp, well, that's not fine to me.[/quote]

Dondarrion, there are 13 players in this game. I guess we have an evil and an innocent faction, which is also implied by the 'Master vs Dr Who' intro. Hence we have either 3 FM or 2 FM and a symp. The second scenario is far more likely than the first, so Yarwyck is right when he assumes that ther should be a symp out there.

[quote name='House Grandison' post='1361827' date='May 20 2008, 06.32']You are very confident about my guilt for someone who has only a few informations. Could it be that you are the one who is distracting the rest here?[/quote]

I was using you as an example, hence the word "scenario." It is D1, I am not confident of anyone's guilt, but you look to be the best lynch candidate to me so far.

And how am I distracting anyone by discussing a game point with Dondarrion? Please explain.

[quote name='House Grandison' post='1361839' date='May 20 2008, 09.38']Dondarrion, there are 13 players in this game. I guess we have an evil and an innocent faction, which is also implied by the 'Master vs Dr Who' intro. Hence we have either 3 FM or 2 FM and a symp. The second scenario is far more likely than the first, so Yarwyck is right when he assumes that ther should be a symp out there.[/quote]

Sigh. Whatever. Look for symps. I don't really care. Just don't expect me to vote for someone because they could be a symp and not a FM.

[quote name='House Grandison' post='1361842' date='May 20 2008, 09.40']As long as Sarsfield doesn't follow with a vote.[/quote]

Sarsfield has already voted me I think.

[quote name='House Dondarrion' post='1361848' date='May 20 2008, 15.43']Sigh. Whatever. Look for symps. I don't really care. Just don't expect me to vote for someone because they could be a symp and not a FM.

Sarsfield has already voted me I think.[/quote]

How shocking! :stunned:

That's the point I'm trying to make. Symp or no symps, we should vote for the person we find most suspicion on D1. Losing a symp on D1 hurts the FM and helps the Innos. I want to avoid any argument (today, early in the game) about "He's just a symp, we should look elsewhere." Especially in this game where we've been given no role list, we need to vote based on likelihood of evil, not what evil role the player should have.

[quote name='House Yarwyck' post='1361856' date='May 20 2008, 09.48']That's the point I'm trying to make. Symp or no symps, we should vote for the person we find most suspicion on D1. Losing a symp on D1 hurts the FM and helps the Innos. I want to avoid any argument (today, early in the game) about "He's just a symp, we should look elsewhere." Especially in this game where we've been given no role list, we need to vote based on likelihood of evil, not what evil role the player should have.[/quote]

That argument cannot be used since we don't know if symps are in the game. It should be a non-factor.

[quote name='House Dondarrion' post='1361859' date='May 20 2008, 06.49']That argument cannot be used since we don't know if symps are in the game. It should be a non-factor.[/quote]

Sounds like we agree then. This whole symp v. master talk was begun by Royce, not me. I was agruing against the "argument that can't be used" that was already used by Royce as to why he thinks he should vote Vyrwel over Grandison.

OK, I'm off for a bit. Let's hope we see more of Moore and Coldwater in particular.

Sarsfield, are you ready to get serious about helping the Innos? We're past the point of joking votes.

Archived