Mafia 52: Doctor Who

House Targaryen

My desire to play this game is waning. If there is a cult and no CF, what's the point? We could potentially never know if the cult is even in the game. In order to win with a cult, we must actively go after converts. If we don't even know if the cult exists, we can't justify going after converts. If the cult does exist and we don't go after converts, we've already lost. If we don't even know if the people we go after were cult, then...

Fuck it.

I don't particularly care. Lets lynch [b]Footly[/b] and no, I don't have any reason because quite frankly, it doesn't really matter.

Hm, well the possibilities seem to be:
1) The Companions and innocent bystanders: [u]Innocent[/u]
2) The Cybermen: [u]Cult [/u](assimilation?)
3) The Weeping Angels: wtf? [u]SK[/u]? Throw you back through time?
4) The Daleks: [u]Scum[/u]
5) The Slitheen: [u]FM[/u]
6) UNIT: [u]Innocent[/u]

I guess I'd agree with Coldwater that we have the companions and UNIT as innocents, a Weeping Angel (SK), and some Daleks (scum). If there is cult or FM then I quit. They are hard enough to catch when you are looking for them.

[quote name='House Coldwater' post='1362019' date='May 20 2008, 11.21']This post does not ring true. You counted the names, and did not realize that one of the names you counted was Grandison?[/quote]It was already answered by Mullendore. Not that I am happy about him symping me... but yeah, F counts before G.

[quote name='House Mullendore' post='1362045' date='May 20 2008, 10.36']Post 19 is great contribution, especially in light of the recent information from the mods. I really don't like when people try to point out their role distribution discussion as true contribution. It really isn't. At the start, nobody had a fooking clue what the distribution would be. Clearly, even the evils likely didn't if there are 4.[/quote]

Well, to each his own. One of the first things I do in the game is try to figure potential faction combinations based on the number of players in the game. Obviously you can't determine anything with certainty, and nothing can be confirmed until we have put a gameday or two behind us. Considering the potential combinations being discussed before the game actually began, I wanted to get a feel for the possibilities early.

As it turns out, if we do have 4 factions, I certainly hope that 2 of them are innocent!!

[quote name='House Coldwater' post='1362059' date='May 20 2008, 11.45']As it turns out, if we do have 4 factions, I certainly hope that 2 of them are innocent!![/quote]

What's the point of having 2 innocent factions? That serve no purpose other than to confuse.

Gah. 4 factions with only 13 players? And no CF? I'm going out on limb here and hope that there are some powerful and wierd roles (UNIT?) to hopefully balance out this potential mindf*ck. Unfortunately the mods haven't given us anything to go on as to what those might be, but I get the sense that some knowledge of Dr. Who might be helpful.

Does anyone think it would be helpful to debate possible role distribution in our current situation?

[quote name='House Dondarrion' post='1362052' date='May 20 2008, 10.40']My desire to play this game is waning. If there is a cult and no CF, what's the point? We could potentially never know if the cult is even in the game. In order to win with a cult, we must actively go after converts. If we don't even know if the cult exists, we can't justify going after converts. If the cult does exist and we don't go after converts, we've already lost. If we don't even know if the people we go after were cult, then...

Fuck it.

I don't particularly care. Lets lynch [b]Footly[/b] and no, I don't have any reason because quite frankly, it doesn't really matter.[/quote]

This looks genuine so I don't think Dondo is cult if we have one

[quote name='House Dondarrion' post='1362052' date='May 20 2008, 11.40']My desire to play this game is waning. If there is a cult and no CF, what's the point? We could potentially never know if the cult is even in the game. In order to win with a cult, we must actively go after converts. If we don't even know if the cult exists, we can't justify going after converts. If the cult does exist and we don't go after converts, we've already lost. If we don't even know if the people we go after were cult, then...

Fuck it.[/quote]Dondy, don't be despair! If we have a cult, we definitely have some anti-cult roles. Cult-finder, cult-healer, something. Don't worry, be happy.

[quote name='House Tarbeck' post='1362056' date='May 20 2008, 11.43']It was already answered by Mullendore. Not that I am happy about him symping me... but yeah, F counts before G.[/quote]
Yes, every time someone defends another person it is because they are symping that person. :rolleyes:

PSA:
I am playing this game under the assumption there is NO CULT OR FACELESS MAN. I will be very annoyed of anyone who tries to convince us otherwise (unless it is a finder with a result) because it is counterproductive. The game will be impossible to win if either are in the game and we don't already know. Again, so there will be an SK and 2 scum (+symp?) that we will be hunting for. That is all.

[quote name='House Dondarrion' post='1362060' date='May 20 2008, 10.46']What's the point of having 2 innocent factions? That serve no purpose other than to confuse.[/quote]

I agree, but it is better than considering having to face 3 evil factions.

If they were 3 pairs that is 6 players vs. 7 innocents. not good.

Maybe some SK combinations? Still, not great. it could potentially lead to 3 NKs unless they are staggared. What a cluster that would be to figure out, especially if you toss in a successful heal/guard at some point.

[quote name='House Tarbeck' post='1362066' date='May 20 2008, 11.47']Dondy, don't be despair! If we have a cult, we definitely have some anti-cult roles. Cult-finder, cult-healer, something. Don't worry, be happy.[/quote]

You don't get it. Even if we have those, the potential for them to be dead or recruited is high given the number of factions. The fact that we might never hear any of their information is extremely high. Therefore, we could potentially be working in the dark all game with multiple factions. This normally wouldn't be a problem to me but with a cult, the game style changes. If we ignore the cult and hope that there isn't one and there is, we've already lost. If we focus on the cult when there isn't one, we've probably lost then too. And given the fact that we won't even know if we're right, well, our chances of winning are damn near slim. So...I'm all for lynching randomly cause it doesn't matter one way or another.

[quote name='House Tarbeck' post='1362066' date='May 20 2008, 09.47']Dondy, don't be despair! If we have a cult, we definitely have some anti-cult roles. Cult-finder, cult-healer, something. Don't worry, be happy.[/quote]

this response looks fake

[quote name='House Mullendore' post='1362069' date='May 20 2008, 11.48']Again, so there will be an SK and 2 scum (+symp?) that we will be hunting for. That is all.[/quote]We have no SK. It isn't in the rules.
As for the rest... I fear that both cult and FM are possible. I even fear we might have [i]both[/i] cult and FM, without a regular killer team. We will know more at the morning... counting the bodies.

[quote name='House Dondarrion' post='1362079' date='May 20 2008, 11.51']The fact that we might never hear any of their information is extremely high.[/quote]Never say never again.
Dondy, just keep playing... if the balance is wrong, you will be free to blame the mods afterwards. Now, your current indifeference might hurt innocents only.

[quote name='House Moore' post='1362089' date='May 20 2008, 11.59']Why couldn't Dalek, angle, or Slithen be a SK?[/quote]
Slitheen seems to be clearly set up to be a Faceless Man and Dalek as scum. What else would the Weeping Angels be?

[quote name='House Moore' post='1362089' date='May 20 2008, 11.59']Why couldn't Dalek, angle, or Slithen be a SK?[/quote]
Why they could?
Slithen is obviously FM. Dalek is simmetrical killer team. Don't remember about angle, need to check.

Archived