MLB Thread

The Wedge

[quote name='Caliban' post='1405403' date='Jun 18 2008, 22.24']Two straight ninth inning heartbreakers to the Rays. What are you gonna do.[/quote]
Well, if you're the Cardinals, who have been itching for a window of opportunity to inch a game or two closer to first place, you go ahead and drop the first two games to the stinking Royals.

I blame David Cook for carrying the Royals on his American Idol back.

:tantrum:

[quote name='The Wedge' post='1406203' date='Jun 19 2008, 11.49']Well, if you're the Cardinals, who have been itching for a window of opportunity to inch a game or two closer to first place, you go ahead and drop the first two games to the stinking Royals.

I blame David Cook for carrying the Royals on his American Idol back.

:tantrum:[/quote]

Brooms are out in Kansas City! C'mon Cubbies! Time to capitalize.

My boy Greinke pitched like a demon.

And the fucking Yankees are idiots. Joba pitches 5.2 innings, struck out the 2 batters before him, hits 100 pitches and they take him out! Let him finish the inning and get a stupid win. So frustrating.

Let's here it for the rise of the Former Chicago Managers! First, Jerry Manuel is placed at the helm of the Mets and now [url="http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20080619&content_id=2962548&vkey=news_mlb&fext=.jsp&c_id=mlb"]Jim Riggleman returns to the helm [/url] taking over the Mariners job for now.

[quote name='Mexal der Mann' post='1406796' date='Jun 19 2008, 17.17']My boy Greinke pitched like a demon.

And the fucking Yankees are idiots. Joba pitches 5.2 innings, struck out the 2 batters before him, hits 100 pitches and they take him out! Let him finish the inning and get a stupid win. So frustrating.[/quote]

I'd be more worried about the fact that you have signed Sidney Ponson than anything that they are doing with Joba at this point.

[url="http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20080619&content_id=2965036&vkey=news_mlb&fext=.jsp&c_id=mlb"]Zambrano is scheduled to miss his next start.[/url] Hopefully this is not serious, otherwise it could be very bad news for the Cubs.

[quote name='Mack Kilimaro' post='1406945' date='Jun 19 2008, 18.58']I'd be more worried about the fact that you have signed Sidney Ponson than anything that they are doing with Joba at this point.[/quote]

Yea I'm worried but nothing I can do when our two top prospects go down with injuries and our top prospects in the minors are not ready (according to management). Ponson it is...

[quote name='Scuba Steve' post='1406980' date='Jun 19 2008, 18.30'][url="http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20080619&content_id=2965036&vkey=news_mlb&fext=.jsp&c_id=mlb"]Zambrano is scheduled to miss his next start.[/url] Hopefully this is not serious, otherwise it could be very bad news for the Cubs.[/quote]

I refuse to worry about it. Not yet. They're going to be going after a big name pitcher anyway in a month. It might speed up the time table and up the price a bit obviously though.

[quote name='El Jax Campeador' post='1407152' date='Jun 19 2008, 19.23']I refuse to worry about it. Not yet. They're going to be going after a big name pitcher anyway in a month. It might speed up the time table and up the price a bit obviously though.[/quote]

Ah, that's very true. Who would you like to see them go after?

[quote name='Scuba Steve' post='1408998' date='Jun 20 2008, 20.26']Ah, that's very true. Who would you like to see them go after?[/quote]

Top three I expect to be on the list: Sabathia, Bedard (if the Mariners decide to dump the contract) and Harden out in Oakland. This is just guesswork.

Bah...if the National League would join the 20th century, than Ozzie wouldn't have had to pinch hit for Danks in the 7th, Lee and Ramirez wouldn't have gotten back to back home runs on Dotel, and Sox would have won the first game.

Personally, I blame the national league. Backwater hicks.

Archived