AGOT Mafia LIII

Piper of Chaos

[quote name='House Dalt' post='1389231' date='Jun 8 2008, 19.51']Ashford is trying to be helpful. Very suspicious. But since the Wicker Man link remains to give me a good laugh, I don't want to lynch him yet.[/quote]
And you're being pretty unhelpful. Very suspicious.

Also very uncommital, I might add. How long will that Wicker Man link keep you from lynching him, do you think? Until it becomes more convenient for you dastardly plans?

[quote name='House Harte' post='1389265' date='Jun 8 2008, 21.35']And you're being pretty unhelpful. Very suspicious.

Also very uncommital, I might add. How long will that Wicker Man link keep you from lynching him, do you think? Until it becomes more convenient for you dastardly plans?[/quote]

Your insightful witticisms regarding Brienne are helping find FM, SK or OC how?

[quote name='House Dalt' post='1389282' date='Jun 8 2008, 20.53']Your insightful witticisms regarding Brienne are helping find FM, SK or OC how?[/quote]
They were pretty obviously nothing more than witticisms, I should hope.

Your concerns on Ashford seemed more typical serious-but-not borderline behavior for a baddie on Day 1. You think Ashford's suspicious, and hey, it's early Day 1, votes can go anywhere, but do you commit a vote? Nope, not with the Wicker Man link around! I, for one, certainly don't find someone pointing out the rules suspicious in the slightest. Considering that we've had discussions on enforcing the alt rules lately, it seems like you're just sighting shadows where there aren't any.

[quote name='House Dalt' post='1389282' date='Jun 8 2008, 20.53']Your insightful witticisms regarding Brienne are helping find FM, SK or OC how?[/quote]

Ah, witticisms are like candy to an FM, you scatter them about the place and wait for the little fellows to scurry out and eat them up.

Or at least, that seems to be theory people operate on for the first half of day one.

[quote name='House Harte' post='1389293' date='Jun 8 2008, 22.08']They were pretty obviously nothing more than witticisms, I should hope.

Your concerns on Ashford seemed more typical serious-but-not borderline behavior for a baddie on Day 1. You think Ashford's suspicious, and hey, it's early Day 1, votes can go anywhere, but do you commit a vote? Nope, not with the Wicker Man link around! I, for one, certainly don't find someone pointing out the rules suspicious in the slightest. Considering that we've had discussions on enforcing the alt rules lately, it seems like you're just sighting shadows where there aren't any.[/quote]

Being "helpful" ,especially in this circumstance where Mooton's post really revealed nothing about his alt beyond the fact that he shops at Wal-Mart, was pointless and not helpful. Do you seriously think a mod is gonna "tell off" Mooton for this? Gimme a break. :rolleyes:

What are you saying with your post? Cos it looks pretty middle-of-the-road to me. You wanna call me out as a baddie and still defend Ashford some. So where's your vote on me? Afraid to commit? :pirate:

[quote name='House Dalt' post='1389343' date='Jun 8 2008, 21.41']Being "helpful" ,especially in this circumstance where Mooton's post really revealed nothing about his alt beyond the fact that he shops at Wal-Mart, was pointless and not helpful. Do you seriously think a mod is gonna "tell off" Mooton for this? Gimme a break. :rolleyes:

What are you saying with your post? Cos it looks pretty middle-of-the-road to me. You wanna call me out as a baddie and still defend Ashford some. So where's your vote on me? Afraid to commit? :pirate:[/quote]
That's up to the mod (I wouldn't, but hey), and either way, it's a legitimate enough concern.

That being said:

1) Ashford doesn't need defending from a wishy-washy post on Page 2. But I'm certainly looking for anything that'd pass under suspicious behavior.
2) My vote's gone MIA because I'm more bored out of my mind than out to get you lynched. This isn't exactly what I'd call an excitement-filled Day 1. Don't get me wrong, I [i]am[/i] suspicious of you, and I'd love to hear an actual explanation of why you thought Ashford being "helpful" was suspicious. You say Ashford was trying to be helpful, yet it seems more like you thought his rulez post was more pointless than anything else. What're you criticizing him for exactly? Pretending at being helpful or being useless (in which case I'd like to refer you to our one-post-wonders and everyone that hasn't showed up yet)?
3) Where the hell is everyone anyway? Have half our players even checked in? It sure doesn't seem like they have. Inchfield, Uffering, Jordayne? Is it "later today" yet?
4) [b]Dalt.[/] Let them drink lemonade.

[quote name='House Harte' post='1389373' date='Jun 8 2008, 20.07']3) Where the hell is everyone anyway? Have half our players even checked in? It sure doesn't seem like they have. Inchfield, Uffering, Jordayne? Is it "later today" yet?[/quote]

I can't speak for everyone else but the reason I haven't been around is because it's the weekend. You expect way too much if you think I'm spending my sunday all day by the computer.

[quote name='House Norrey' post='1389413' date='Jun 8 2008, 22.39']I can't speak for everyone else but the reason I haven't been around is because it's the weekend. You expect way too much if you think I'm spending my sunday all day by the computer.[/quote]
In Inchfield and Jordayne's cases (I see Uffering has returned), they specifically said they'd be around later today. Well, Jordayne said in about eight hours if you want to be exact, but you get the idea. I suppose "later today" could mean later in the [i]game[/i] day, but that doesn't change the fact that this has got to be one of the slowest starts a game's ever had. :thumbsdown:

[quote name='House Ashford' post='1389090' date='Jun 8 2008, 17.28']The "innocents" are the masses. As the vast majority here, us "Knights" clearly represent the masses, and as such are innocent.

And yes, we'll put Tyrion [s]on[/s] to the right of the throne.[/quote]
In rereading this is the post that stuck out to me the most. I don't really like how proud they seem that they are using the name and goal of the innocent faction. I'm not impressed, [b]Ashford[/b].

I also found myself suspicious of the Harte/Ashford situation.

[quote name='House Harte' post='1389421' date='Jun 8 2008, 22.46']In Inchfield and Jordayne's cases (I see Uffering has returned), they specifically said they'd be around later today. Well, Jordayne said in about eight hours if you want to be exact, but you get the idea. I suppose "later today" could mean later in the [i]game[/i] day, but that doesn't change the fact that this has got to be one of the slowest starts a game's ever had. :thumbsdown:[/quote]
You have 8 posts, so feck off. It isn't like you are setting the world on fire.

Not sure when I'll be back, could be on a bit in the next few hours or it might be 8-10. I should have time after day 1 to be a bit more vocal.

[quote name='House Yronwood' post='1389420' date='Jun 8 2008, 23.46']Hello people.
Alas, I have nothing interesting to say yet. I suspect all of you, but no one in particular.[/quote]
You clearly haven't even read through the thread. Comment on something.

[quote name='House Inchfield' post='1389429' date='Jun 8 2008, 22.55']You have 8 posts, so feck off. It isn't like you are setting the world on fire.

Not sure when I'll be back, could be on a bit in the next few hours or it might be 8-10. I should have time after day 1 to be a bit more vocal.[/quote]
Welcome back. I've missed you too.

Just for clarification's sake, I'm not actually suspicious of you for being MIA, nor am I suspicious of anyone for being quiet at this point, and I'm sorry if I've come off that way. Just that as someone that'd like to, you know, have some sort of inklings to at least attempt to sniff out some baddies, I've got nothing. Oh, well, we've got Rambo talking about strawmen, and Slynt saying something about the beauty of life. That's just a gold mine there, ain't it? I just can't shake the feeling that we're creating the perfect situation for the baddies to kick back and relax for Day 1 and let the innos lynch one of their own.

[quote name='House Inchfield' post='1389429' date='Jun 8 2008, 23.55']In rereading this is the post that stuck out to me the most. I don't really like how proud they seem that they are using the name and goal of the innocent faction. I'm not impressed, [b]Ashford[/b].

I also found myself suspicious of the Harte/Ashford situation.

You have 8 posts, so feck off. It isn't like you are setting the world on fire.

Not sure when I'll be back, could be on a bit in the next few hours or it might be 8-10. I should have time after day 1 to be a bit more vocal.[/quote]

Hey, I do not understand what you are saying sticks out in this post Inchfield. He is just stating which is the innocent faction and their goal. I do not think this is a reason to put a vote on him. Besides that, just looking to start some discussion...have a nice day, be back in around 4 hours

[quote name='House Inchfield' post='1389429' date='Jun 8 2008, 22.55']In rereading this is the post that stuck out to me the most. I don't really like how proud they seem that they are using the name and goal of the innocent faction. I'm not impressed, [b]Ashford[/b].[/quote]

Are you suggesting that Ashford is trying to associate himself with the innocents by quoting stuff from the innocents' role information? It would be a fairly foolish ploy since we all know what the innocents' role looks like; House Targaryen quoted it right there at the start of the game. If this is what Ashford is up to, I certainly hope he doesn't think he's fooling anyone.

[quote name='House Harte' post='1389449' date='Jun 9 2008, 00.09']Just that as someone that'd like to, you know, have some sort of inklings to at least attempt to sniff out some baddies, I've got nothing. Oh, well, we've got Rambo talking about strawmen, and Slynt saying something about the beauty of life. That's just a gold mine there, ain't it? I just can't shake the feeling that we're creating the perfect situation for the baddies to kick back and relax for Day 1 and let the innos lynch one of their own.[/quote]
That doesn't seem like a very good strategy for any of the baddies. Considering there are 4 factions and two are extremely difficult to deal with (cult and SK), I would think that the evils have as much reason to be trying to lynch an evil as we do.

[quote name='House Caron' post='1389478' date='Jun 9 2008, 00.39']Hey, I do not understand what you are saying sticks out in this post Inchfield. He is just stating which is the innocent faction and their goal. I do not think this is a reason to put a vote on him. Besides that, just looking to start some discussion...have a nice day, be back in around 4 hours[/quote]
Why are you so concerned about my vote?
[quote name='House Uffering' post='1389484' date='Jun 9 2008, 01.09']Are you suggesting that Ashford is trying to associate himself with the innocents by quoting stuff from the innocents' role information? It would be a fairly foolish ploy since we all know what the innocents' role looks like; House Targaryen quoted it right there at the start of the game. If this is what Ashford is up to, I certainly hope he doesn't think he's fooling anyone.[/quote]
I'll ask you the same Uffering, why are you so concerned about my vote? There has been so little going on, I find it a bit interesting that my single vote causes two people here to jump up and question it. Then, who said evils can't be foolish? I know Targ pointed it out, my point is it felt like a forced attempt to remind everyone that he's aware of what the info is for the innocents. It didn't come off as natural to me.

[quote name='House Norrey' post='1389413' date='Jun 8 2008, 23.39']I can't speak for everyone else but the reason I haven't been around is because it's the weekend. You expect way too much if you think I'm spending my sunday all day by the computer.[/quote]
It has been said for a week or so it was going to start on Sunday. I knew that, we all knew that. I had some things come up today, so I wasn't on much..but I took about 30 minutes total catching up a bit and posting two different times. You can't take 30 minutes? Nobody is asking for all day, nobody here has been sitting here posting all day. I don't like this, that is a BS excuse.

[quote name='House Inchfield' post='1389500' date='Jun 9 2008, 00.28']I'll ask you the same Uffering, why are you so concerned about my vote? There has been so little going on, I find it a bit interesting that my single vote causes two people here to jump up and question it. Then, who said evils can't be foolish? I know Targ pointed it out, my point is it felt like a forced attempt to remind everyone that he's aware of what the info is for the innocents. It didn't come off as natural to me.[/quote]

Your vote is fine. I'm checking my understanding of the reason behind it and commenting on what I understood that reason to be. Obviously I don't think it's the most likely hypothesis in the world, but as a starting point it's probably as good as we've got (the other choice seems to an argument over whether Mooton irreparably compromised his alt by mentioning that he and his wife went to a town which doesn't even exist outside of a book).

I have no problem with your vote, I am curious as to why you seem to have a problem with me questioning your hypothesis though. It seems a good way to start discussion: point and counter-point kind of thing. To be honest the reason I chose your post to reply to was [i]because[/i] there is so little else going on.

[quote name='House Dalt' post='1389231' date='Jun 8 2008, 20.51']Ashford is trying to be helpful. Very suspicious. But since the Wicker Man link remains to give me a good laugh, I don't want to lynch him yet.[/quote]
The tone of this post feels a bit off to me. The 'very suspicious' isn't serious at all, so the whole post comes off as odd. It doesn't seem like a normal joke post, yet it isn't altogether serious.

[quote name='House Dalt' post='1389282' date='Jun 8 2008, 21.53']Your insightful witticisms regarding Brienne are helping find FM, SK or OC how?[/quote]
And here he is quick to point out Harte's hypocrisy (in Dalt's POV). Something about Dalt feels off to me as well. Hm, strange..I seem to be suspicious of everyone after their interactions with or about Ashford..Dalt, Caron, Uffering...I don't think there is an FM team that big :unsure:

[u]Edit:[/u] Uffering, that was the best way to draw more of a response. :)

[quote name='House Inchfield' post='1389502' date='Jun 9 2008, 00.32']It has been said for a week or so it was going to start on Sunday. I knew that, we all knew that. I had some things come up today, so I wasn't on much..but I took about 30 minutes total catching up a bit and posting two different times. You can't take 30 minutes? Nobody is asking for all day, nobody here has been sitting here posting all day. I don't like this, that is a BS excuse.[/quote]

I don't plan my weekend around this game and I had other stuff to do today. For somebody who was also barely around you are hella bossy.

Anyway I agree with you about Caron's reaction especially. I don't like him questioning your decision to vote Ash, why does he care so much?

Archived