AGOT Mafia LIII

Piper of Chaos

[quote name='House Yronwood' post='1389914' date='Jun 9 2008, 10.31']Generally, there are two reasons why people do trolling in mafia games: they benefit something from being voted or they are symps willing to sacrifice themselves instead of their masters. In case of Slynt, I don't believe in the last, too brutal. The first is probable, but I somewhat doubt if we should give a power to a person from unknown faction, especially when we have four of those.[/quote]

You forgot about the third reason: to amuse the troll.

Good morning.

I am worried about those who haven't shown up yet, as well. Mod-kills suck.

I'd like to comment on the cases so far.

Dalt - I am not quite sure why Harte is voting Dalt. It seemed to be nothing more than a pissing contest which turned into a vote from Harte.

Ashford - Inchy thinks Ashford is "overclaiming innocence"? *blows raspberry* In my experience, innocents claim innocence as much or more than guilties.

Norrey - Yronwood didn't like Norrey's overdefensiveness. Reading back, I read the defensiveness, but not the [i]over[/i]defensiveness.

Yronwood - Blackbar votes for Yronwood because he feels it was an opportunistic vote on Norrey. I agree with Blacky's assessment here. It feels like Yronwood felt pressured to comment and chose Norrey to do so.

Rambton - The case against Rambton is that he seemed unsure about the winning conditions for the innocents. Since this appears to be the big case at this moment, I would like to hear from Rambton about it as well.

Slynt - :lol: Slynt makes me laugh. Now, let's hear more from you, please, because Dalt is right. You have contributed nothing so far.

I am voting [b]Yronwood[/b] now, but I want to hear more from Rambton, Slynt, Velaryon, and Estermont.

[quote name='House Slynt' post='1389846' date='Jun 9 2008, 09.57']Thank you for the lesson on how to play Mafia. I was completely unaware of what posting helps us do. Wrong game :dunno:[/quote]

Hi [b]Slant[/b],

I'm not sure if you are evil or not, but you certainly aint helping team innocent right now.

I'd rather give a totally silent player a pass to day 2 than someone who occasionally speaks but refuses to take part.

That said, I should be more active myself towards the end of the day. Hopefully everyone will have said more by then, giving me a chance to figure out who's most likely to be bad.

[quote name='House Ashford' post='1389968' date='Jun 9 2008, 11.06']Hi [b]Slant[/b],

I'm not sure if you are evil or not, but you certainly aint helping team innocent right now.

I'd rather give a totally silent player a pass to day 2 than someone who occasionally speaks but refuses to take part.

That said, I should be more active myself towards the end of the day. Hopefully everyone will have said more by then, giving me a chance to figure out who's most likely to be bad.[/quote]

Hi Ishfard.

See, I can spell names wrong too :smoking:

Inappropriate and gratuitous sexual joke:

SPOILER: crass joke
I thought Irri was the only Hand that Dany needed?

I am suspicious of Ashford (and to a smaller extent Yronwood) for suggesting possible mod discipline actions.

I was originally a little suspicious of Norrey on my first read-through, but going back to put my reasoning together, it doesn't seem very suspicious, so I am leaving him off for the moment.

I am suspicious of Caron for saying he will be around and posting a lot, and then not posting.

Rambton is odd, so is Slynt. I would vote for either as a fallback lynch, but their weirdness has not struck me as particularly evil, just weird.

Looks like Caron is going to post more in a bit, so I am putting my vote down on [b]Ashford[/b] for now.

[quote name='House Yronwood' post='1389914' date='Jun 9 2008, 10.31']Generally, there are two reasons why people do trolling in mafia games: they benefit something from being voted or they are symps willing to sacrifice themselves instead of their masters. In case of Slynt, I don't believe in the last, too brutal. The first is probable, but I somewhat doubt if we should give a power to a person from unknown faction, especially when we have four of those.[/quote]

I don't see how it could be the first. From the descriptions given in the thread, there are no such conditions on the roles. I believe the mods would have given precisions if there were restrictions on the roles. I don't think it's the second either, nothing really justifies it. So either Slynt has decided to amuse himself, or he's a FM/OC/SK playing the Swann defense.
Oh, and I don't buy Blackbar's "Ashford and Rambton are lower on my list because of their light play, early jokes". I have nothing against Ashford at the moment but he's not down on my suspicion list, waiting on Rambton.

Since we have something like 5 hours left, I think it's time to discuss a bit of options for lynching. I'm somewhat suspicious of Blackbar (non concomittal posts), Dalt (same, some comments seem off to me), Mooton (unlike Yronwood I think his first posts were overjustificating his absences more than Norrey's did), Rambton. I'd also willingly lynch Slynt if he doesn't give us a bit more soon. Of the people with votes on them at the moment, I'm less suspicious of Yronwood, Ashford and Norrey.
The others have not hit my radar at the moment. But nobody has hit my "likely innocent radar" as well. Given the numbre of baddies, and given it's a CF game, we have to lynch so I think I could vote for anyone who is not me.

Ok, it's time for consensus. I am ready to switch to Rambton. I won't switch to Slynt, because he just asks to be voted off, and I hate to play a dummy in old Polish preferance. It's too much for a Swann defence. It's some evil plot (well, perhaps not evil, but then I need proof it isn't evil). All the rest is discutable.

[quote name='House Velaryon' post='1390005' date='Jun 9 2008, 10.24']Inappropriate and gratuitous sexual joke:

SPOILER: crass joke
I thought Irri was the only Hand that Dany needed?

I am suspicious of Ashford (and to a smaller extent Yronwood) for suggesting possible mod discipline actions.

I was originally a little suspicious of Norrey on my first read-through, but going back to put my reasoning together, it doesn't seem very suspicious, so I am leaving him off for the moment.

I am suspicious of Caron for saying he will be around and posting a lot, and then not posting.

Rambton is odd, so is Slynt. I would vote for either as a fallback lynch, but their weirdness has not struck me as particularly evil, just weird.

Looks like Caron is going to post more in a bit, so I am putting my vote down on [b]Ashford[/b] for now.[/quote]

Suggesting possible discipline? I think you'll find, if you read back through, i was suggesting someone fixed something so the mods WOULDN'T have to talk to them. In what is according to the rules a strict alted game, yes, I am a bit annoyed at someone posting which country they live in, their sex and their marital status yet nothing relating to the game at all. If that makes me evil, hang me now.

What a fucking stupid reason for voting me. Seriously, I can take joke votes. I can take semi poor cases. I can take misunderstandings...

But a vote because you don't like me telling people to play by the rules they sign up for?

I'm just left speachless. Seriously.

[quote name='House Ashford' post='1389647' date='Jun 9 2008, 05.29']I have to say, personally i found Rambo's lack of knowledge of the innocent faction too obvious a slip to be anything but a joke.

Then again, it's day one. We've been known to lynch people for smelling funny on day 1, right?[/quote]

[quote name='House Ashford' post='1389968' date='Jun 9 2008, 10.06']Hi [b]Slant[/b],

I'm not sure if you are evil or not, but you certainly aint helping team innocent right now.[/quote]

I get a bad feeling from these posts. Ashford defends Rambton, but he leaves things open at the end, so he could maybe change his mind or switch vote to Rambton later if things swing that way. And it is a reserved defense, not drawing a line in the sand. He's not going all out, he's just deflecting, which is what I'd expect from a FM or symp who wanted to defend a teammate right now.

Then he jumps onto Slynt. I don't see Slynt's behavior as much of an indication of anything. I can see why somebody pointed it out as being unhelpful, but unhelpful doesn't automatically equal evil and you have to explain why he'd act that way if he was evil before you can make the leap to wanting to vote for him. Anyway my point is that I don't think it was bad for somebody to point out Slynt's behavior, and the first vote to show displeasure wasn't awful or anything, but people adding to that mob are suspicious. Ashford especially, because I have to wonder if he's using the ill will against Slynt as an opportunity to distract us from Rambton.

Archived