EURO 2008 predictions and supporter draw!

Calibandar

[quote name='Eefadin of Shadows' post='1372869' date='May 28 2008, 10.48']Are we doing Paint avatars again, or just any other [b]stereotypical image to represent our adopted land[/b]? :lol:[/quote]

If I get Croatia, can I use yours? :ninja:

[quote name='Jean AS' post='1372874' date='May 28 2008, 10.54']Either national stereotypes or recollection of past Euro glory, I say. The best pic for the Czech's is clearly one of Panenka in '76.[/quote]

wonder if there is an animated gif of it. Greatest penalty kick of all times?

and ahem, pretty players do also make a very good icon IMO :leer:

Woohoo!!

I got Sweden!! :)

A country in which I lived for 4 years!!

... then again, a bit of bad karma since Spain plays Sweden in the group phase... ;)

Just let me think a bit on the avatar changes... but in the meanwhile.. sköl!

[quote name='Homem de Gelo do Norte' post='1372883' date='May 28 2008, 13.03']Too bad I got Portugal then... ;)[/quote]

It's not that bad, they have some excellent players and I really love Rui Costa. I also liked Paulo Sousa a lot. Or you could use the goal scored by Madjer in 1988 Champions Cup final F.C. Porto - Bayern Munich (although Madjer is Algerian).

[quote name='The Inquisitor' post='1372898' date='May 28 2008, 11.29']... then again, a bit of bad karma since Spain plays Sweden in the group phase... ;)[/quote]

I am sorry! I am sorry, it was just what it come out! I did notice Portugal ending 16th in the draw but thought of a saying ( the bible? the last shall be the first) and it was what came out. Blame Microsoft please...

Dark Wolf, I think the "Homem de Gelo" was saying that there were just no good looking portuguese players to put as an icon. He should have seen the team of the 80s if he is complaning about now, that is all I say. Chalana is on some current ads and I had forgotten how they all looked like then..

[quote name='Hereward' post='1372903' date='May 28 2008, 11.35']Can I just pick a country out of a hat? I so want to start looking for an avatar![/quote]

Take Greece. ( on second try. If you want keep the first it was Portugal. honest to goodness but I decided to ahem it would affect my credibility and that we can find a tecnicality to invalidate it. somebody supernatural has a sense of irony )

Romania is the 12th best team in the world rankings, and the 8th best ranked in the competition. They're in the alleged group of death, but a victory over the Dutch is well within reach if Mutu can get the ball in the box, and I could see draws against the French and even the Italians. Or perhaps Les Bleus will fall to the Tricolorii, eh?

Hai Tricolorii! St. Gheorge will watch over you!

[quote name='cteresa' post='1372904' date='May 28 2008, 12.36']I am sorry! I am sorry, it was just what it come out! I did notice Portugal ending 16th in the draw but thought of a saying ( the bible? the last shall be the first) and it was what came out. Blame Microsoft please...[/quote]

:lol:

Don't worry... you know how pessimistic and glum I am about our chances of winning aything.

As far as I'm concerned, Sweden has a better chance than Spain of winning this thing.

[quote name='Paddiano Ronaldo' post='1371939' date='May 27 2008, 06.59']Anyone up for being randomly assigned teams to support like for the World Cup?[/quote]

Yes. I love nationalism. POLSKA!!!

edit:

add me to the next draw.

*prays for Poland*

*prays for anybody but the Dutch*

[quote name='Turinqui Calima' post='1372986' date='May 28 2008, 13.04']Aww, I missed the drawing :( Guess I'll just stick to my usual team (France). I probably would have gotten Sweden anyways, and that would just have been silly.[/quote]

We can have another draw...

Archived