Mafia Mini a la surprise

Piper of Chaos

[quote name='Katarina die Siegerin' post='1376359' date='May 30 2008, 01.31']Vote remains on Mexal until WJ explains why he's following Mexal's votes.[/quote]

I'm not following Mexal. Mexal obviously has some sort of pre-cognition ability that allows him to guess my votes before I make them. So he's clearly following me.

Do you really see a problem here? I mean, really? If so, why? Whats suspicious about our votes?

The reasons for my votes are pretty clear. The first was a joke (AE called you Pless, so I decided to act like unJon) and the second came with a case. Neither one has anything to do with Mexal. You should be able to see that without me having to spell it out for you.

[quote name='Whiskeydracul' post='1376597' date='May 30 2008, 14.50']There are 9 players. 8 of us live in the U.S. How much activity did you expect while we were sleeping?[/quote]
And while I was [s]smoking pot[/s] [s]with a cheap whore[/s] in school?

[quote name='Whiskeydracul' post='1376607' date='May 30 2008, 08.57']I'm not following Mexal. Mexal obviously has some sort of pre-cognition ability that allows him to guess my votes before I make them. So he's clearly following me.

Do you really see a problem here? I mean, really? If so, why? Whats suspicious about our votes?

The reasons for my votes are pretty clear. The first was a joke (AE called you Pless, so I decided to act like unJon) and the second came with a case. Neither one has anything to do with Mexal. You should be able to see that without me having to spell it out for you.[/quote]

I prefer my explanation to yours. This just screams over defensive when completely unnecessary.

All of your names translated to Croatian:

Mexal-no translation
West-zapad
AE-jesenje večeri
Katran-this is actually a Croatian word. Translated to English, it means tar
Harlot-prostitutka
VSM-jako malo čudovište
WJ-viskidžek
Gertrude-no translation
Aly-no translation
Piper-he should omit 'od', otherwise his translation is fine

[quote name='Ser Spidutch' post='1376641' date='May 30 2008, 09.21']All of your names translated to Croatian:

Mexal-no translation
West-zapad
AE-jesenje večeri
Katran-this is actually a Croatian word. Translated to English, it means tar
Harlot-prostitutka
VSM-jako malo čudovište
WJ-viskidžek
Gertrude-no translation
Aly-no translation
Piper-he should omit 'od', otherwise his translation is fine[/quote]

What's your point?

[quote name='Ser Spidutch' post='1376656' date='May 30 2008, 09.27']No point. It was brought up earlier in the thread, I believe. Just because I overslept the beginning doesn't mean I can't have fun.[/quote]

I was getting the impression you were just posting to post. You could at least join in trashing the over-defensive WJ, my friend and partner in crime.

[quote name='Mexal der Mann' post='1376657' date='May 30 2008, 15.28']I was getting the impression you were just posting to post. You could at least join in trashing the over-defensive WJ, my friend and partner in crime.[/quote]
I'm not concerned about you two voting the same way-neither of you are the sheeping type. However, I do find his explanation overdefensive.

[quote name='Mexal der Mann' post='1376636' date='May 30 2008, 08.16']I prefer my explanation to yours. This just screams over defensive when completely unnecessary.[/quote]

How is it overdefensive? I asked questions that I want Kat to answer. At the same time, I explained my votes, just in case she was genuinely missing something.

Calling that overdefensive is more than a little nitpicky on your part. Are you suggesting that when somebody asks you a question, if you're innocent you are only allowed to dismiss it with a lame joke? Providing a serious answer is just too much for you?

[quote name='Whiskeydracul' post='1376675' date='May 30 2008, 15.38']How is it overdefensive? I asked questions that I want Kat to answer. At the same time, I explained my votes, just in case she was genuinely missing something.

Calling that overdefensive is more than a little nitpicky on your part. Are you suggesting that when somebody asks you a question, if you're innocent you are only allowed to dismiss it with a lame joke? Providing a serious answer is just too much for you?[/quote]
Kat, I believe, was not serious. Yet you replied scientifically.

[quote name='Whiskeydracul' post='1376675' date='May 30 2008, 08.38']How is it overdefensive? I asked questions that I want Kat to answer. At the same time, I explained my votes, just in case she was genuinely missing something.

Calling that overdefensive is more than a little nitpicky on your part. Are you suggesting that when somebody asks you a question, if you're innocent you are only allowed to dismiss it with a lame joke? Providing a serious answer is just too much for you?[/quote]

Nah. It's the tone.

[quote name='WJ']Do you really see a problem here? I mean, really? If so, why? Whats suspicious about our votes?[/quote]

The use of really twice makes this seem like you're making a bigger deal out of it than it was. I can't see her being completely serious yet you took it as a direct accusation against you then turned it around on her.

You then went on and explained each of your votes like we didn't know exactly what they are. All you had to say was "I'm not following Mexal as I made a case on Harlot and he didn't" and that would have been sufficient but instead you decided to ask rhetorical questions and overly defend yourself.

It seemed out of place and no amount of taking my words and extracting meanings I never suggested is going to change that.

[quote name='Mexal der Mann' post='1376693' date='May 30 2008, 08.43']The use of really twice makes this seem like you're making a bigger deal out of it than it was. I can't see her being completely serious yet you took it as a direct accusation against you then turned it around on her.[/quote]

She'll obviously have to answer on whether or not it was serious, but I don't see any indication of a joke in this sentence.

[quote name='Kat']Vote remains on Mexal until WJ explains why he's following Mexal's votes.[/quote]

Before that one, yes. After, yes. But that line looks serious to me. And if it is, I want to know why she found my votes suspicious, in relation to your votes.

[quote name='Mexal']You then went on and explained each of your votes like we didn't know exactly what they are. All you had to say was "I'm not following Mexal as I made a case on Harlot and he didn't" and that would have been sufficient but instead you decided to ask rhetorical questions and overly defend yourself.

It seemed out of place and no amount of taking my words and extracting meanings I never suggested is going to change that.[/quote]

So now you are the judge of "all I had to say"? I [u]wanted[/u] to explain my votes. Felt it was more useful to do that, rather than just dismiss her apparent concern with a wave of my hand. As I said before, in case she was somehow missing something....I wanted to get a response out of the way, so that she could focus on answering my own questions toward her.

Still think you are being extremely nitpicky over this. I mean, c'mon. My tone bothered you? Really? And how was my tone an indication of guilt for me? I don't have that tone when I'm innocent? I only have it when I'm evil?

[quote name='Whiskeydracul' post='1376717' date='May 30 2008, 08.53']Before that one, yes. After, yes. But that line looks serious to me. And if it is, I want to know why she found my votes suspicious, in relation to your votes.[/quote]

So she jokes before that sentence and after that sentence yet you take that as completely serious? That makes a whole lot of sense.

[quote name='WJ']So now you are the judge of "all I had to say"? I [u]wanted[/u] to explain my votes. Felt it was more useful to do that, rather than just dismiss her apparent concern with a wave of my hand. As I said before, in case she was somehow missing something....I wanted to get a response out of the way, so that she could focus on answering my own questions toward her.[/quote]

A judge? No. But it's why I think you were over defensive.

[quote name='WJ']Still think you are being extremely nitpicky over this. I mean, c'mon. My tone bothered you? Really? And how was my tone an indication of guilt for me? I don't have that tone when I'm innocent? I only have it when I'm evil?[/quote]

Maybe I am but you can hardly fault me for not dismissing it with a wave of the hand. I mean, you [u]wanted[/u] to explain your votes and I [u]wanted[/u] to call you out for being over defensive since that's what I believe you were being.

As for your tone, did I ever say you were guilty because of it? Did I ever say that you only take that tone when you're evil and not when you're innocent? Here we go again. I'm not allowed to point out something I see without jumping to the immediate conclusion that you're evil WJ instead of innocent WJ? Did you ever think that I wanted to judge your answers, fuel discussion and get a read on you?

Really? I mean, really?

[quote name='Whiskeydracul' post='1376717' date='May 30 2008, 15.53']So now you are the judge of "all I had to say"? I [u]wanted[/u] to explain my votes. Felt it was more useful to do that, rather than just dismiss her [s]apparent[/s] [b]unprobable[/b] concern with a wave of my hand. As I said before, in case she was somehow missing something....I wanted to [s]get a response out of the way[/s] [b]lift any possible suspicion off me[/b], so that she could [s]focus on answering my own questions toward her[/s] [b]become a suspect[/b].[/quote]
Fixed.
[quote]Still think you are being extremely nitpicky over this. I mean, c'mon. My tone bothered you? Really? And how was my tone an indication of guilt for me? I don't have that tone when I'm innocent? I only have it when I'm evil?[/quote]
What's the purpose of that 'really' other to indicate that both Mex and I are dumb for suspecting you?

Your tone is universal, I agree. But you don't use it the whole time. I would not expect you to use it exactly in this response to Kat if you were innocent.

[quote name='Mexal der Mann' post='1376736' date='May 30 2008, 08.01']So she jokes before that sentence and after that sentence yet you take that as completely serious? That makes a whole lot of sense.[/quote]

It was a separate paragraph. Makes sense to me.

[quote]As for your tone, did I ever say you were guilty because of it? Did I ever say that you only take that tone when you're evil and not when you're innocent? Here we go again. I'm not allowed to point out something I see without jumping to the immediate conclusion that you're evil WJ instead of innocent WJ? Did you ever think that I wanted to judge your answers, fuel discussion and get a read on you?

Really? I mean, really?[/quote]

Okay, so do you think it's suspicious? I have trouble believing that you would point it out unless you thought it was somewhat suspicious or at least has the potential to be suspicious.

Exactly what type of information are you hoping to gain? You're "judging my answers". So what type of answer would indicate 'evil WJ' and what type of answer would indicate 'innocent WJ'?

[quote name='Ser Spidutch' post='1376752' date='May 30 2008, 08.05']What's the purpose of that 'really' other to indicate that both Mex and I are dumb for suspecting you?[/quote]

I think you answered your own question there. :P

[quote]Your tone is universal, I agree. But you don't use it the whole time. I would not expect you to use it exactly in this response to Kat if you were innocent.[/quote]

I'd ask 'why not?', but I don't really see it leading to any sort of useful discussion. Instead, I'll just say that if you feel that way, then you obviously don't know me well enough to meta-analyze my gameplay.

So, I'm wondering....Mexal says he doesn't necessarily find my 'over-defensiveness' suspicious. He's evaluating my answers. Is it the same for you? Or are you ready to conclude 'evil WJ' (as indicated by your statement "I wouldn't expect you to act this way if innocent")?

[quote name='Whiskeydracul' post='1376850' date='May 30 2008, 09.45']It was a separate paragraph. Makes sense to me.[/quote]

In between two joking paragraphs you decide that one thing is definitely serious and deserves to be ripped apart and overly defended? Right.

[quote name='WJ']Okay, so do you think it's suspicious? I have trouble believing that you would point it out unless you thought it was somewhat suspicious or at least has the potential to be suspicious.[/quote]

Yes I think it's suspicious.

[quote name='WJ']Exactly what type of information are you hoping to gain? You're "judging my answers". So what type of answer would indicate 'evil WJ' and what type of answer would indicate 'innocent WJ'?[/quote]

Whatever information is provided. I don't have a specific plan here where I attack you then try to extract the color of your eyes.

And what the fuck kind of question is that? What type of answer would indicate innocent WJ or evil WJ? Jesus man. Are you fucking serious? Do you want me to try to figure out one thing you'd say that would be something evil WJ would say? Do you even think that's possible? Because I don't think you do or you wouldn't be asking this question. No matter what answer I even tried to conceive, you'd point out some time you did it as an innocent.

The bottom line is I'm not looking for the keyword that indicates guilty WJ like you seem to be implying. I'm going to point out things I don't like. You can twist it any way you want.

[quote name='Whiskeydracul' post='1376873' date='May 30 2008, 09.53']So, I'm wondering....Mexal says he doesn't necessarily find my 'over-defensiveness' suspicious. He's evaluating my answers.[/quote]

Did I say I didn't find it suspicious? I don't remember saying that. If I did, please quote it. If I didn't, then stop trying to twist things I say to try to make points that don't exist. It's annoying as hell.

[quote name='Mexal der Mann' post='1376883' date='May 30 2008, 08.55']Yes I think it's suspicious.[/quote]

Then why do you still have a joke vote on Harlot, instead of having a real vote on me?

[quote]And what the fuck kind of question is that? What type of answer would indicate innocent WJ or evil WJ? Jesus man. Are you fucking serious? Do you want me to try to figure out one thing you'd say that would be something evil WJ would say? Do you even think that's possible? Because I don't think you do or you wouldn't be asking this question. No matter what answer I even tried to conceive, you'd point out some time you did it as an innocent.

The bottom line is I'm not looking for the keyword that indicates guilty WJ like you seem to be implying. I'm going to point out things I don't like. You can twist it any way you want.[/quote]

You said you want to judge my answers. So I want to know what criteria you are using to judge them. If you can't tell me what type of behavior you are looking for in an 'evil WJ', then I'm forced to conclude that you just wanted to give a vague, non-committal, middle of the road explanation, that you aren't judging anything, and that you're full of it.

[quote name='Whiskeydracul' post='1376901' date='May 30 2008, 10.01']Then why do you still have a joke vote on Harlot, instead of having a real vote on me?[/quote]

Since when is it a requirement to vote when entering an argument? I guess it's now a prerequisite so [b]Whiskeyjack[/b]. Does that lend weight to my words now? Are you thrilled that you coaxed a vote out of me?

[quote name='WJ']You said you want to judge my answers. So I want to know what criteria you are using to judge them. If you can't tell me what type of behavior you are looking for in an 'evil WJ', then I'm forced to conclude that you just wanted to give a vague, non-committal, middle of the road explanation, that you aren't judging anything, and that you're full of it.[/quote]

I could care less what you conclude. You expect me to come up with a magic answer on what evil WJ does versus Innocent WJ when you know it doesn't exist. I didn't like your tone and I didn't like your over-defensiveness so I called it out. You first turned around a joke statement from Kat on her and now you're turning my attacks on you onto me. You do this ALL THE FUCKING TIME, especially when you're evil. Now you're going to tell me that you do that when you're innocent as well and that me thinking that you're suspicious because of it is a clear sign that I don't know your playstyle well enough to meta-analyze you just like you said to Spidey. That's how you'll dismiss me and then you'll attack me, twist my words into something I've never said and draw conclusions from those twists that make me look worse than you originally did.

You know what, after typing that all out, I do think you're evil. Enjoy.

Archived