Mafia Mini a la surprise

Piper of Chaos

Questions by WJ, answers for everyone.

[quote name='Whiskeydracul' post='1377180' date='May 30 2008, 12.06']How do you feel about Mexal and Ser Spider?[/quote]

I had the impression of Spidey as the little yippy dog trying to get in on the fight between 2 big dogs. The repeated "I'm not parroting you" was a bit thick and but also too obvious for FM partners on D1. I didn't get an evil read on Spidey and I'm admitting to myself that my resistance to your case on Mex probably has more to do with my ego. I'm going to go back and try to re-read more closely. I just don't have the time before the end of D1 due to RL to do much of a re-read.

[quote]Do you have thoughts on any of the other players?[/quote]

Kat - may be fake symping me. An odd ploy since I am looking more and more like the D1 lynch (based on just 3 posts no less. :P )

West - Why am I getting the feeling he'll show up just before the end of day to cast the final vote on me? :unsure:

Gertrude - Don't think I've played with her before. Don't really have a read on her, late to the game but post was of substance (wrong on voting for me, but good effort)\

VSM - similar to Gertrude. VSM is usually a cypher to me anyway.

Spidey - See above.

I am leaving work now. I will not be here at the end of day. We have an odd number and need to lynch. I can't vote for myself and I doubt we'll see a sudden rally to lynch WJ, besides I wouldn't lynch him on D1 absent some pretty compelling proof. I really don't see the case on VSM. That leaves Mex or Spidey as the only other viable choices at this point. I am reluctant to vote for Mex for the same reason that as for WJ but if there is the possibility that he is partnered with WJ and their argument was staged.....

[b]Mexal[/b]

First off... YEAH!!!! I am done with work until mid-August!

OK... on to the game

[quote name='Whiskeyjack' post='1376264' date='May 29 2008, 22.19']What a surprise. :rolleyes: Have you ever agreed with anything I've ever posted?

For the record, you're the other person who looks suspicious to me right now. Your posts also come off as being very forced. The difference is, thats fairly standard for you. It's not for Harlot.[/quote]erm... thanks? I always sound forced? If I always sound forced then that forced sound would be my natural sound... thus it wouldn't sound suspicious.

And no, we do not agree on much do we?

Here is the problem, WJ: it is difficult to tell innocent WJ from FM WJ. I cannot do it... I just don't have the meta-abilities. However, I have seen you lead people around by the nose as evil too many times -- and how is this done? Just as Mex said... twisting peoples words back on them (and I might have added choosing a weak player to do it to, too - but that is probably an overgeneralization.) You have done it to me (Dany's Egg game - Innocent West lynched day one with an argument that started very similar to "your posts sound forced"). I am not saying that you don't do it as innocent as well. I am saying that since you do it as both, I cannot trust you even though you might be innocent. My first inclination is to paint you as the baddie and be done with you.

But in order to be more than just [s]tunnelvisioned[/s] the mediocre player than I am, I am willing to look at you from more than one angle.

[u]Scenario 1: both WJ and Mex are innocent[/u]
This is IMHO the most likely. Two innocent players on different sides of an argument. The fun thing about this is all the FM do is sit back and watch... OR egg them on. I would call Spider's participation in the argument egging on.

[u]Scenario 2: both WJ and Mex are mafia[/u]
I will admit this possibility jumped into my mind almost immediatly when I realized they were at it. Day one is a good day to have a "fight" with your partner. It's the day that takes the most votes to get a lynch, other players are more likely to let the fight blow over later in the game, but the FM can always go back and say, "We can be partners! Look at the way he treated me day one!" However looking back, I don't get the feel of a staged fight. Second least likely option at this point.

[u]Scenario 3: WJ FM, Mex innocent[/u]
This is where my natural fear/admiration of WJ automatically takes me. In this scenario, WJ first symped Mex with a vote on Harlot, then really was overdefensive (Post 61), and then tried to cover it up by doing what he does. And to some extent, I do feel that he was defensive. But I don't think it to be [i]over[/i]defensive. However, I think this more likely than scenario 2 or 4. I would rank this as the second to best option.

[u]Scenario 4: WJ innocent, Mex FM[/u]
In this scenario, Mexal is attacking WJ to throw us off the scent of Harlot... who he voted for. Not buying it. Least likely option at the point.

I am going to lay my vote for [b]Ser Spider[/b] and his scummy behavior during the argument egging the participants on.

On a side note. Nope, I don't typically post during the day. As mentioned over and over I don't have access to this site during school -- but that shouldn't be a problem now. (But I think I am getting a new tattoo tomorrow. That may take hours as well.)

I'd cast the final vote only to get the lynch Harlot. And WJ is (from my POV) a better candiate for FM than you are.

[quote name='AutumnEvenings' post='1377491' date='May 30 2008, 14.00']But behind Kat? Really?[/quote]

There are 2 things I don't like about Kat right now.

1) As you pointed out, she was the 3rd person to say 'Mexal and WJ keep voting for the same person, thats suspicious.' Its kind of a ridiculous position, and its possible that she just said that to blend in, look good to the other people who had mentioned it, etc.

I still don't understand why she would have seriously found our votes to be suspicious. Unusual, perhaps, but not suspicious. She never really answered my questions. In fact, instead of defending the position, she backtracked from it.

2) I don't like how she was dismissing my case against Harlot, but then said that she might vote for Harlot right before she left.

[quote]West just because he hasn't done anything memorable?[/quote]

Main thing I have against West is that his first few posts look forced. Kind of similar to what I thought about Harlot. For example, the part where he went off on a tangent about pole dancing or pole riding or whatever the hell it was he was talking about.

But I have to admit that I feel the same way about West every game, regardless of alignment. So he's lower on the list.

[quote name='West' post='1377536' date='May 30 2008, 22.35']I am going to lay my vote for [b]Ser Spider[/b] and his scummy behavior during the argument egging the participants on.[/quote]
Why do you find this scummy? I expect a detailed answer.

You went and made huge remarks about the two players you didn't vote, and yet you failed to give a decent explanation of your vote.

What do you think about Harlot and AE?

I think we have 4 hours left, and we are split with 2 votes on each of these players - Harlot, Spider, Mexal, Whiskeyjack. With one vote on VSM.

Is anybody not going to be here for the end of the day? It's a Friday night, so it may be difficult to get a lynch. Harlot said he'll be gone. Anybody else?

[quote name='Whiskeydracul' post='1377564' date='May 30 2008, 17.01']I think we have 4 hours left, and we are split with 2 votes on each of these players - Harlot, Spider, Mexal, Whiskeyjack. With one vote on VSM.

Is anybody not going to be here for the end of the day? It's a Friday night, so it may be difficult to get a lynch. Harlot said he'll be gone. Anybody else?[/quote]

I'm leaving work now and will be home in an hour and half or so. What time does the day end? If after 6:30pm est, I should be around.

[quote name='Whiskeydracul' post='1377564' date='May 30 2008, 23.01']I think we have 4 hours left, and we are split with 2 votes on each of these players - Harlot, Spider, Mexal, Whiskeyjack. With one vote on VSM.

Is anybody not going to be here for the end of the day? It's a Friday night, so it may be difficult to get a lynch. Harlot said he'll be gone. Anybody else?[/quote]
I believe that I'm the only Euro playing. I'll be awake, but probably seriously drunk and dancing.

[i]Now I've really got to go. My friends were late, but they're now here.
[/i]

[quote name='Mexal der Mann' post='1377568' date='May 30 2008, 16.03']I'm leaving work now and will be home in an hour and half or so. What time does the day end? If after 6:30pm est, I should be around.[/quote]

I always have trouble figuring out the board clock, but I think it ends at 8 p.m. central. So 9 p.m. EST.

[quote name='Ser Spidutch' post='1377548' date='May 30 2008, 14.48']Why do you find this scummy? I expect a detailed answer.

You went and made huge remarks about the two players you didn't vote, and yet you failed to give a decent explanation of your vote.

What do you think about Harlot and AE?[/quote]

So you just skimmed my post and missed this?
[quote name='West' post='1377536' date='May 30 2008, 14.35']*snip*

[u]Scenario 1: both WJ and Mex are innocent[/u]
This is IMHO the most likely. Two innocent players on different sides of an argument. The fun thing about this is all the FM do is sit back and watch... OR egg them on. I would call Spider's participation in the argument egging on.

*snip*

I am going to lay my vote for [b]Ser Spider[/b] and his scummy behavior during the argument egging the participants on.[/quote]I find egging on two probable innocents on during a fight scummy. It focuses attention on them and away from the FM. That [i]is[/i] the detailed answer.

Yeah, I made a huge post. In it I say that I think the most likely scenario is that they are two innocents on seperate sides of an argument (thus ruling them out a likely FM).

Harlot - I didn't buy into WJ's case on Harlot. I removed my vote so he wouldn't get lynched with my inadvertant help during the night. I dont' find him particularily scummy at this point. I'd vote for Harlot at end of day to ensure a lynch... but I'd do it to any player at this point.

AE - Well, I don't really get her thing for VSM. But why would I? Her argument is meta, so it means nothing to me. But she doesn't strike me as FM at this point on day one.

I don't see Spidey's actions in the midst of the discussion suspicious or 'egging' them on. I have been in his position - just kind of there while two people hammered away at each other and had my thoughts parroted before I could get them out. It happens. Spidey says it a lot, yes, but it's hard to ignore when you can't get out an 'original' thought before the tide of battle has passed you by. I don't see Spidey as innocent, just not suspicious because of this.

I'm not sure I get Harlot's vote for Mex. He lists Mex and Spidey as viable choices and rules out WJ as he doesn't think there will be support - but he's not really suspicious of any of those 3. Then his reason for swingin towards Mex is that he might be partnered with WJ? I realize he wants to get a lynch through and is trying to help by laying a vote, but still. Am I missing something?

[quote name='Gertrude' post='1377590' date='May 30 2008, 16.12']I'm not sure I get Harlot's vote for Mex. He lists Mex and Spidey as viable choices and rules out WJ as he doesn't think there will be support - but he's not really suspicious of any of those 3. Then his reason for swingin towards Mex is that he might be partnered with WJ? I realize he wants to get a lynch through and is trying to help by laying a vote, but still. Am I missing something?[/quote]

Nope, you aren't missing anything. Its weird. From what I can tell, Harlot has the exact same reasoning for me and Mexal (thinks we are innocent, doesn't think there will be a sudden rally to vote for us, wouldn't want to vote for us on day 1 absent compelling proof, worries that we could be FM partners faking this fight)....and then votes for Mexal instead of me. In spite of the fact that he would have been the 3rd vote on me, and he's only the 2nd vote on Mexal.

It's definitely strange. If they are partners, then they decided that distancing was by far the most important goal right now.

If they aren't partners, and Harlot is evil, then he chose to push an attack on somebody who was further away from being lynched than somebody who was closer....which would make no sense. Especially since, if Harlot was evil and not partnered with Mexal, he'd want to do whatever he could to create a closer bond with Mexal, not distance from that connection (he'd want to get Mexal lynched, rather than himself or his real partner).

If they aren't partners, and Harlot is innocent, then why did he pick Mexal over me? It wasn't because voting for Mexal helps us get a lynch more. So why? Again, doesn't make a whole lot of sense. Unless he's an innocent who is subconsciously (or even consciously) distancing from Mexal, just because he is concerned about surviving.

[quote name='Whiskeydracul' post='1377603' date='May 30 2008, 15.23']In spite of the fact that he would have been the 3rd vote on me, and he's only the 2nd vote on Mexal.[/quote]
I had noticed this - just forgot to mention it in my post. Makes it even stranger. Well, sort of. Some people had come down on your side of the WvM extravaganza even though they hadn't voted either way. So those looked like the only votes you would have been getting.

[quote name='Whiskeydracul' post='1377603' date='May 30 2008, 15.23']If they aren't partners, and Harlot is evil, then he chose to push an attack on somebody who was further away from being lynched than somebody who was closer....which would make no sense. Especially since, if Harlot was evil and not partnered with Mexal, he'd want to do whatever he could to create a closer bond with Mexal, not distance from that connection (he'd want to get Mexal lynched, rather than himself or his real partner).[/quote]

If Harlot is evil, he might think that pushing a Mexal lynch and having him turn up innocent by the CF will pull the pressure away from him and onto you Day 2.

[quote name='Gertrude' post='1377615' date='May 30 2008, 16.34']If Harlot is evil, he might think that pushing a Mexal lynch and having him turn up innocent by the CF will pull the pressure away from him and onto you Day 2.[/quote]

That's a solid point.

It is day 1.

9 players remain: AutumnEvenings, Gertrude, Harlot, Kat, Mexal, Ser Spider, VerySmallMonster, West, Whiskeyjack.

5 votes are needed for a conviction or to go to night.

3 votes for Mexal (Whiskeyjack, Harlot, AutumnEvenings)
2 votes for Harlot (Gertrude, VerySmallMonster)
2 votes for Ser Spider (Kat, West)
2 votes for Whiskeyjack (Mexal, Ser Spider)

Day ends in about 3h, but I'll be off to bed now and I don't know where Piper is. So you might have to wait a bit if you don't want to speedlynch somebody? ;)

[quote name='Whiskeydracul' post='1377646' date='May 30 2008, 16.09']Going to head home right now. Will be back well before the lynch deadline.

Everyone please say who you are willing to lynch out of these people - Mexal, Spider, Harlot. Rank them in order of preference.[/quote]

Out of [i]these[/i]
1. Spider

3. Mexal/Harlot - only for the lynch

Archived